Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used a supercharger in Lumberton, NC a week ago. $9.60 for 24 kWh. That’s $.40 per kWh. That’s close to my peak rate at home which is $.36. My off-peak is $.06 and my super off-peak is $.03, which is from 10pm to 5am. So that’s when I charge at home. That’s here in NC.

I used a supercharger in Lumberton, NC a week ago. $9.60 for 24 kWh. That’s $.40 per kWh. That’s close to my peak rate at home which is $.36. My off-peak is $.06 and my super off-peak is $.03, which is from 10pm to 5am. So that’s when I charge at home. That’s here in NC.
Thanks for sharing. With my wall unit being installed yesterday and my charge time set to 11p-5a (my best times) I'll be curious to see my costs. My husband has done some research on what to expect but my utility bill will tell all.

Picked up my Y this morning. A few notes:

This is my fourth Tesla (2014 SP85, 2016 X90D, 2020 X LR+ previously). It's got the best fit and finish of any of my previous vehicles, at least upon initial inspection. It is also the quietest from a road noise perspective. Visibility is better across the board compared to any of those.

Ride quality seems perfectly fine to me but is definitely not as plush as my air suspension rides in the other cars. No instrument cluster display is an adjustment that I'm sure will be fine after I get used to it but I can tell you I definitely prefer having an IC. I like the navigation map that's displayed behind the wheel much better than the overhead map on the center display. I also like having my trip display front and center since I'm kind of weird about efficiency.

Fremont build - yes, matrix headlights. No, cargo shelf or ledge.

I drop it off tomorrow first thing for full front PPF and ceramic, as this is intended to be a mountain trip car for heading up to Tahoe regularly.

Good luck all of you with upcoming deliveries, hope you're as happy as I am.
Congrats!

I got my VIN yesterday and plan on picking it up Friday 9/23/22 once I finalize my loan and get my check. Where did you get your PPF scheduled? I will be going up to Tahoe frequently as well!

MYLR, Blue, Gemini, No tow, No FSD, completed profile 1/26/22, Fremont build pick up in Corte Madera CA

Congrats!

I got my VIN yesterday and plan on picking it up Friday 9/23/22 once I finalize my loan and get my check. Where did you get your PPF scheduled? I will be going up to Tahoe frequently as well!

MYLR, Blue, Gemini, No tow, No FSD, completed profile 1/26/22, Fremont build pick up in Corte Madera CA
I am going to Paint Protection Pros in Napa, getting a full front and a rear bumper wrap (for protection when loading my folding ebike and other nonsense), and ceramic over all.

Enjoy and hope your delivery goes well. Corte Madera is a good delivery center.

Reactions: priscilla5
I am going to Paint Protection Pros in Napa, getting a full front and a rear bumper wrap (for protection when loading my folding ebike and other nonsense), and ceramic over all.

Enjoy and hope your delivery goes well. Corte Madera is a good delivery center.
What are the benefits of ceramic coating, if you're getting the PPF on front and rear bumper? I watched a video on YouTube that indicated ceramic coating is a DIY project, but I don't think I'm talented enough to try it. Right now, my plan is to have a full front PPF wrap professionally applied.

What are the benefits of ceramic coating, if you're getting the PPF on front and rear bumper? I watched a video on YouTube that indicated ceramic coating is a DIY project, but I don't think I'm talented enough to try it. Right now, my plan is to have a full front PPF wrap professionally applied.
I’m getting PPF with the Ceramic coating already applied to the PPF. Xpel Fusion. Then I’m just having all the windows ceramic coated. I decided to get the whole car PPF.

I’m getting PPF with the Ceramic coating already applied to the PPF. Xpel Fusion. Then I’m just having all the windows ceramic coated. I decided to get the whole car PPF.
Are you having PPF w/ Ceramic applied to the entire car? I'll ask about Ceramic coating when I take it in for the PPF later this week. Is Ceramic coating mainly to protect against automatic car wash scratches?

Are you having PPF w/ Ceramic applied to the entire car? I'll ask about Ceramic coating when I take it in for the PPF later this week. Is Ceramic coating mainly to protect against automatic car wash scratches?
The Xpel Fusion supposedly has the ceramic coating already infused in the PPF. So the whole car will be coated and they will then do the windows separately. Ceramic coating protects the paint while the PPF does the same but also protects the paint from scratches, etc, which ceramic doesn’t do.

Reactions: BarryC7
PPF is partly hydrophobic, but not nearly as hydrophobic as a ceramic coated paint. Most installers will tell you that putting ceramic on top of PPF and on your paint will create a more consistent finish, which will then clean consistently. Also, I want ceramic on the doors so that everything is very easy to clean.
I have read good things about fusion. However, a couple of installers told me that the hydrophobic qualities do not last as long as PPF plus ceramic. That may or may not be true, I’m just relaying what I was told, and why I made the decision I did.
how much for full front up in Napa?
Full front with custom, wraparound panels, rear bumper, ceramic, windshield protection, wheel protection, was all just under $3500.

Reactions: Gary.F
PPF is partly hydrophobic, but not nearly as hydrophobic as a ceramic coated paint. Most installers will tell you that putting ceramic on top of PPF and on your paint will create a more consistent finish, which will then clean consistently. Also, I want ceramic on the doors so that everything is very easy to clean.

I have read good things about fusion. However, a couple of installers told me that the hydrophobic qualities do not last as long as PPF plus ceramic. That may or may not be true, I’m just relaying what I was told, and why I made the decision I did.

Full front with custom, wraparound panels, rear bumper, ceramic, windshield protection, wheel protection, was all just under $3500.
The Xpel Fusion has a 10 year warranty. In about 4 years I’ll have the whole car re-ceramiced. My installer said it would cost me the same to only partial PPF and then add ceramic. So I decided I’d rather have full PPF protection with the ceramic already in it. Better protection in my mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohmman
The Xpel Fusion has a 10 year warranty. In about 4 years I’ll have the whole car re-ceramiced. My installer said it would cost me the same to only partial PPF and then add ceramic. So I decided I’d rather have full PPF protection with the ceramic already in it. Better protection in my mind.
Makes total sense to me.

Reactions: Gary.F