Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a text tonight saying they are planning to deliver in September. Promising. No Vin on app.

Need to research what you guys are talking about with ceramic coating and PPF. It's like a foreign language.

OD January 16 MYLR 7 seats 20 wheels MSM/Black

Current EDD: September 23 - October 6

Need to research what you guys are talking about with ceramic coating and PPF. It's like a foreign language.
I've never done it on my previous three Teslas. I'm only doing it on this one because it's going to go back and forth to the mountains a lot, and deal with sand and filth. The car is fine without it, so don't feel pressured into doing something you don't need.

I got a text tonight saying they are planning to deliver in September. Promising. No Vin on app.

OD January 16 MYLR 7 seats 20 wheels MSM/Black

Current EDD: September 23 - October 6
Paint Protection Film (PPF) helps protect the car's paint from scratches and stone chips that could occur while driving. It also makes it easier to clean away bug residue that typically builds up on the front of the car.

From what I've read about Ceramic Coating, it protects the car against the harmful effects of the sun's UV rays and against brush swirls and minor scratches that can occur from automatic car washes. It can also make the car easier to clean if it is hand washed.

I'm having a PPF coating applied to the front bumper, hood, fenders, headlights, fog lights and side mirrors. That's the area that tends to get the most abuse from highway driving. I haven't decided whether to get Ceramic Coating. I tend to keep my car in the garage when not using it, and plan to hand wash and wax it. The cost of PPF alone is a rather huge chunk of change.

Paint Protection Film (PPF) helps protect the car's paint from scratches and stone chips that could occur while driving. It also makes it easier to clean away bug residue that typically builds up on the front of the car.

From what I've read about Ceramic Coating, it protects the car against the harmful effects of the sun's UV rays and against brush swirls and minor scratches that can occur from automatic car washes. It can also make the car easier to clean if it is hand washed.

I'm having a PPF coating applied to the front bumper, hood, fenders, headlights, fog lights and side mirrors. That's the area that tends to get the most abuse from highway driving. I haven't decided whether to get Ceramic Coating. I tend to keep my car in the garage when not using it, and plan to hand wash and wax it. The cost of PPF alone is a rather huge chunk of change.
Yep, you can pour a lot of money into PPF and ceramic coating. To get terms straight, PPF is not a coating, it is a film. I got the small piece of PPF to go in front of the rear wheels and am seriously considering what BarryC7 is getting or at least the front end/lights and mirror. I would also highly consider doing a little research in window tinting and see if it's what you may want.

Reactions: BarryC7
I picked up my MYLR7 in silver with tow, 19” wheels, F547 on 9/22/2022 (OD 1/1/2022)
It looks great! The third row is extremely tight but usable with small kids.
I think I got the Matrix lights (light show spells out TESLA), the new faux wood door trim, no charger (I ordered one with the coupon they sent), and no cargo cover.
It came with first and second row cloth floor mats. Data port usb-a only in glovebox, all usb-c are power only.
I’m very happy with the car, but will get front passenger window trim fixed when I have Homelink garage remote installed.

Attachments

• 4E8BA54C-875B-466A-A973-0C7527E33022.jpeg
    4E8BA54C-875B-466A-A973-0C7527E33022.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 92
  • B118F9D2-C5C6-4336-B41C-02BCC1273A3C.jpeg
    B118F9D2-C5C6-4336-B41C-02BCC1273A3C.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 06D91C8E-1722-4E52-A487-A459A501AA1D.jpeg
    06D91C8E-1722-4E52-A487-A459A501AA1D.jpeg
    346.2 KB · Views: 68
I picked up my MYLR7 in silver with tow, 19” wheels, F547 on 9/22/2022 (OD 1/1/2022)
It looks great! The third row is extremely tight but usable with small kids.
I think I got the Matrix lights (light show spells out TESLA), the new faux wood door trim, no charger (I ordered one with the coupon they sent), and no cargo cover.
It came with first and second row cloth floor mats. Data port usb-a only in glovebox, all usb-c are power only.
I’m very happy with the car, but will get front passenger window trim fixed when I have Homelink garage remote installed.
Congratulations! Yep, those are matrix headlights.

Reactions: Gary.F
Bumped back to October 11 - November 8 this morning.
Nooooo!!!! I'm really sorry to hear that. I was getting hopeful that my Oct 6-20 EDD was going to be the one. Sad to hear that Tesla is falling behind on EDDs, again. I'll guess I'll wait to see mine bumped as well.

When will Tesla be able to forecast deliveries with any accuracy?

That is unless, you are getting that EDD bump right before a VIN that some people have reported.

If by any chance there are any military members in this forum who are a resident of one state but live in another due to being stationed there, please make sure that your registration details if registering the car in the state of your residency (the one you are not living in, but a resident of) is up to date. I made sure that Tesla knew that I was registering my car in my state of residency rather than the state that I currently live in and picking up the car. I went to pick up my car today, and they did not have that information for some reason and I was not able to take delivery today. This is just a public service announcement for anyone that may have this same situation. I do not want you to have to go through the trouble I am going through.

Congrats!

I got my VIN yesterday and plan on picking it up Friday 9/23/22 once I finalize my loan and get my check. Where did you get your PPF scheduled? I will be going up to Tahoe frequently as well!

MYLR, Blue, Gemini, No tow, No FSD, completed profile 1/26/22, Fremont build pick up in Corte Madera CA
Here are my details.
I got my VIN 9/19/22 and picked up 9/24/22 in Corte Madera. Loan check from Affinity Federal credit Union at 3% was overnighted. Received $200 voucher for mobile connector.

MYLR, Blue, Gemini, No tow, No FSD, completed profile 1/26/22, Fremont build. Did not have the Cargo cover or mud flaps. Did have matrix lights, new door trim, license plate holder and J1772 adapter. I’m lucky i didn’t have any gaps or anything needed fixing! Good lucky everyone!