Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else have an EDD of December 2022?

I ordered 1/19 and figured it would shift back to the original June-July EDD but it has stayed the same for about 2 weeks now
Did you finish your profile yet? I'd also recommend switching to cash first and financing after VIN if you're not already paying cash. Changed my April-June delivery date to getting a VIN the next day.

This could be an indication that your profile is not yet complete. I had same issue back when I first ordered. After I completed profile, EDD updated to one with actual dates. Make sure you have completed your Trade in and Payment Method. I would advise setting Trade in to not trading in and Payment to Cash. Trade in offers and Finance expire and would have to be refreshed. Both of these can be switched after you get a VIN, your SA can do this and does it often.

To validate, on the web page, Click on the ! above Next Steps. It should look like the below and show Prepare for Delivery as complete.

Mine looks the same as this and still no date change.

Reactions: jleeusn
We ordered our MY LR on 01/21/22, which carried an EDD of July 2022 at the time. The EDD timeframe has fluctuated between August 2022 and "June 14 to July 12". However, this morning it now shows "March 4 to March 31".

Exciting, but I don't think we're financially ready for it to come this soon. Could we proactively delay our order EDD? Or do we have to wait until we get a VIN and/or delivery date invite before we can postpone?

Reactions: Otter2007
We ordered our MY LR on 01/21/22, which carried an EDD of July 2022 at the time. The EDD timeframe has fluctuated between August 2022 and "June 14 to July 12". However, this morning it now shows "March 4 to March 31".

Exciting, but I don't think we're financially ready for it to come this soon. Could we proactively delay our order EDD? Or do we have to wait until we get a VIN and/or delivery date invite before we can postpone?
Wow.. Mineis OD -01/23/22 - MYLR - MSM, Tow. The EDD timeframe fluctuated the same and then this morning shows -Jun12th to July 10th. I would love the early time frame as you have :)

What area are you in? Awesome that you got the VIN day before delivery. I still have a couple weeks out for delivery after I got my VIN on Monday.
Hi @Azyn sorry for the delayed response. So I am located in SoCal Fontana to be exact. I’m picking up from Irvine. I received my VIN Tuesday morning and had the option to pick up Thursday, Friday or Saturday. So naturally I picked the soonest date available.

Wow.. Mineis OD -01/23/22 - MYLR - MSM, Tow. The EDD timeframe fluctuated the same and then this morning shows -Jun12th to July 10th. I would love the early time frame as you have :)
Id be excited for the early timeframe! We ordered 1/28, MYLR black int, blue color, tow & 7 seater. EDD was June- > March 13th -> June -> April 16th. Location, NorCal (only 1 hr from Tesla fremont factory). Funny thing, I grew up near there as a kid.

Did you finish your profile yet? I'd also recommend switching to cash first and financing after VIN if you're not already paying cash. Changed my April-June delivery date to getting a VIN the next day.
Profile complete and set to cash. This is my 3rd Tesla order so I’m sure it’s right, I’m just surprised that it has stayed at December EDD for so long now.

Profile complete and set to cash. This is my 3rd Tesla order so I’m sure it’s right, I’m just surprised that it has stayed at December EDD for so long now.
My EDD has been at "December" for the last two weeks as well. This is my 2nd Tesla and I'm sure my profile was completed on day I ordered. Also has been set at cash with no trade in the entire time. We have the exact same order which is "base" for MYLR and that probably puts us at the back of the pack for the January group. I still think we will be getting VIN s by July/August but who knows if there are additional delays in getting Austin going.

Id be excited for the early timeframe! We ordered 1/28, MYLR black int, blue color, tow & 7 seater. EDD was June- > March 13th -> June -> April 16th. Location, NorCal (only 1 hr from Tesla fremont factory). Funny thing, I grew up near there as a kid.
I am cautiously optimistic about the timeframe for sure lol. But we learned of a big potential change to our financial situation coming in the next 6 weeks, and would possibly have to cancel the MY order as a result. Even an EDD of April or May would be ideal, as by then we would know if we can keep the MY order or not.

I am cautiously optimistic about the timeframe for sure lol. But we learned of a big potential change to our financial situation coming in the next 6 weeks, and would possibly have to cancel the MY order as a result. Even an EDD of April or May would be ideal, as by then we would know if we can keep the MY order or not.
Wow I hope it works out for your family. ☺️

Reactions: fcastrillo86
My EDD has been at "December" for the last two weeks as well. This is my 2nd Tesla and I'm sure my profile was completed on day I ordered. Also has been set at cash with no trade in the entire time. We have the exact same order which is "base" for MYLR and that probably puts us at the back of the pack for the January group. I still think we will be getting VIN s by July/August but who knows if there are additional delays in getting Austin going.
Are they priortize orders with additl requests?

Are they priortize orders with additl requests?
AFAIK there is no "prioritizing" orders; Tesla creates cars in batches and the base model just happens to be the most popular one. If Tesla can make 500 cars in a batch with 10000 White model orders and 2000 MSM model orders, the MSM will still be pushed faster even if Tesla is producing both cars at the same rate.