Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah maybe so, hopefully not for defects or some such! For the record mine is blue LR, 20 in wheels, tow hitch. The email notification is the first communication I’ve gotten from Tesla since my order. I didn’t get any trade in request or other text/phone calls. In fact I thought the email was a phishing scam when I first got it. I emailed the service center today to get more info, get trade in info (can’t do it through the website now) and see how far I can push it back. June was actually perfect timing for me.
So I checked yesterday and my EDD from my mid January order was still June -July. Today I get an email telling me my car is ready and offered me pick up times on 3/2!

I’m actually a little pissed as I have to sell my S and arrange a loan, stuff I wasn’t planning on doing until this summer. Anyway, we’ll see how it goes if I can push it back a week or two.

I never got a reply to my email so I called a couple days ago and talked with a not very engaging agent. He told me I couldn’t push the purchase date past 3/6. I also wasn’t able to get a trade in value and he wasn’t helpful with that. I’m pretty sure I could have arranged a car loan in a couple of days but I wasn’t sure if I could sell my S to one of the car buying services in a couple of days. Anyway I told him “no-go” so my VIN was removed and I have until 3/14 to re-activate. I’m afraid if I push the “I’m ready” button, the same car is going to pop up a day later and I’m in the same boat, except I’ll be out of town for a week. Pretty frustrating.

It seemed like people have sales agents that they talk to and exchange emails with? that has not been my experience.

Reactions: Otter2007
Ordered 01/21, and had EDD fluctuating between "June 16 to July 12" and "August 2022". Two weeks ago it changed March 4 to March 31", last week it became "March 3 to 16", and yesterday became March 6 to 16. Today we got a call where we were advised that we would be contacted for delivery sometime next week.

I posted about it when the big date change first happened, saying we might not financially be ready for it this soon. I'm happy to report we got things figured out and are anxiously awaiting VIN assignment, trade-in valuation, and delivery date setup!

Ordered 01/21, and had EDD fluctuating between "June 16 to July 12" and "August 2022". Two weeks ago it changed March 4 to March 31", last week it became "March 3 to 16", and yesterday became March 6 to 16. Today we got a call where we were advised that we would be contacted for delivery sometime next week.

I posted about it when the big date change first happened, saying we might not financially be ready for it this soon. I'm happy to report we got things figured out and are anxiously awaiting VIN assignment, trade-in valuation, and delivery date setup!
We were assigned a VIN just a few hours ago! Fremont VIN

Today my 5/27 - 6/30 delivery estimate just changed for the first time to August.

LR, white interior, everything else stock.

Ordered the last week of January.
I am in the same boat, my MYLR black/black moved to August from May/June when my trade expired. I removed it 2 days ago and put a message into my SA to remove financing as well. You can add both when you get your VIN assigned....so they say on here.

OD 01/27/22
Original EDD of August 22
EDD changes : Aug 22 to "mid June to mid July" to Aug 22 to March 23rd - March 31.
MYLR7 White ext with Black interior, 20inch induction wheels,FSD and Tow.
Been telling myself that new EDD is a glitch because that change is so drastic.

OD 01/27/22
Original EDD of August 22
EDD changes : Aug 22 to "mid June to mid July" to Aug 22 to March 23rd - March 31.
MYLR7 White ext with Black interior, 20inch induction wheels,FSD and Tow.
Been telling myself that new EDD is a glitch because that change is so drastic.
Yeah thats a drastic change, my ODD is 1/28, MYLR7 blk inter, blue color, hitch & no FSd. My EDD was Aug to April to June 18th. I hope we get April lol.