Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After cancelling the MYLR and going with the P there is a part of me that is relieved. I don't know if I'm really that excited about the Gigatexas production. Especially being in the first batch. I am not a long range driver so I won't notice any battery differences if I don't get the 4680.

The 4680 structural pack has been hinted to have less overall battery cells, so the range will be about the same. Pros is the lighter car will be more efficient and better handling, but the trade off is less total battery power when car camping.
I am more likely to want to drive fast AF than to camp in my car. 😏 If the past indicates the future, I will drive at 35 MPH average speed, only leaving my county a small handful of times each year. I would have liked the heated windshield wipers and the heated steering wheel. Wonder if I will get that?

Sadly every car company right now if you order something. We are looking to replace my wife's Durango before EOY and are being told to order now if we want anything.
I am in the same boat. Replacing an Acadia with MY around Dec. Ordered a few weeks ago with an EDD of December. Hopefully the December date doesn't get pushed back too much. I will be happy with anything between Nov-Jan. I am just getting worried with their orders
increasing 100% in some markets over the last week and they are prioritizing orders with more profitable options.

I am in the same boat. Replacing an Acadia with MY around Dec. Ordered a few weeks ago with an EDD of December. Hopefully the December date doesn't get pushed back too much. I will be happy with anything between Nov-Jan. I am just getting worried with their orders
increasing 100% in some markets over the last week and they are prioritizing orders with more profitable options.
I am replacing an Acadia too. I really like the Carmel-colored leather in the Acadia and know the Tesla vegan leather (aka vinyl) will disapoint. The Acadia rides so smooth and is great in the snow. This is my 4th GM car in a row with radio problems though. I am also really tired of haggling at the dealer over price at the dealership. I'm sure we're trading the evil we know for the evil we don't.

Another EDD change this morning. Now it’s:
On 3/11/2022 Rev EDD: September 2022

This is getting ridiculous. What kind of company does business like this?
Well yet again another change.

On 3/12/2022 Rev EDD: 8/18/2022 - 9/18/2022.

I contacted Tesla support yesterday to see if everything in my account was correct. It was. The rep told me that to expect numerous changes. He said that Tesla tries so hard to be exact with EDD that just one car order changing or not being accepted or whatever can change everyone. So I should just expect numerous changes.

My delivery date of March 19 is quickly approaching, and I've finally managed to get trade-in and self-arranged financing (mostly) figured out.

Carmax is giving me $12,800 for my 2015 Mazda CX-5 with 123,500 miles, $4,800 more than its estimated value two years ago. I'm giving Tesla a chance to give me their estimate but I have doubts it'll match or exceed Carmax. I plan to sell the car on March 16 so the funds can be deposited and available to hand over to Tesla three days later.

Financing is coming from a local credit union and that has been pretty painless, although with a trade-in valuation still pending, I don't have the final MVPA to give them. If Tesla doesn't give me a value by end of day Monday, I'll cancel it and just go with Carmax. I'm assuming this will cause the final version of the MVPA to be generated.

Reactions: EGordon and TheWB
My delivery date of March 19 is quickly approaching, and I've finally managed to get trade-in and self-arranged financing (mostly) figured out.

Carmax is giving me $12,800 for my 2015 Mazda CX-5 with 123,500 miles, $4,800 more than its estimated value two years ago. I'm giving Tesla a chance to give me their estimate but I have doubts it'll match or exceed Carmax. I plan to sell the car on March 16 so the funds can be deposited and available to hand over to Tesla three days later.

Financing is coming from a local credit union and that has been pretty painless, although with a trade-in valuation still pending, I don't have the final MVPA to give them. If Tesla doesn't give me a value by end of day Monday, I'll cancel it and just go with Carmax. I'm assuming this will cause the final version of the MVPA to be generated.
May I ask when did the "trade in valuation" begin? I submitted info and pics morning of 3/11 and still waiting just curious how long the wait normally is for the valuation period.

Reactions: Otter2007

Check with Carvana if you haven’t already. I got $5,000 more for my 2016 Ford Explorer than what Carmax would give me. It’s quick and easy.

Reactions: FLTessie
I started using Discord last week to be alerted when any Model Ys were posted on Tesla’s inventory page. I’ve gotten probably 50-60 alerts in that time, but none ever matched what I was looking for until today. Tesla posted the exact model & trim I had ordered so I jumped on it. It’s going to cost me $1000 to get it shipped to GA from NJ, but now I don’t have to wait until possibly July or later to get it. I trying to get Tesla to credit back the $250 from my first order, but not having much luck on that yet.
My pickup is scheduled for 5pm tomorrow. 🎉

Reactions: benhinc and Gary.F