Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has Tesla become a two bit fly by night company? I just heard that Tesla is now not going to include the mobile connector with their new cars. Unbelievable move. They have increased the cost of the cars and now are removing the mobile charger. All other EV manufacturers include one. Is Tesla that hard up for money? They are just two bitting their new customers to death.

Hopefully this is just bad information I heard.
Read the book to get a better understanding of the car business.

Attachments

• Power Play Tim Higgins IMG_7909.jpg
    Power Play Tim Higgins IMG_7909.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 75
I've used the mobile charger for the last 3 years. I think they should have lowered the price by the amount the charger cost ($200) so they can then at least argue they are doing 'a la carte' pricing instead of just keeping the price the same and removing included items.

Sure, they might have data that proves that most people don't use Homelink, passenger lumbar, mobile charger, etc. but if you're not reducing the price accordingly, then it's not the most compelling argument for customers.

Reactions: SWIPE and advocate8
Well today I went ahead and upgraded my MYLR to a performance order. I can’t wait till October for a car and with my wife’s lease coming to an end it was going to put us in a weird space with no car. Now hopefully my delivery date updates and I can get it sooner and the charge be included. But we will see.

Reactions: SWIPE
I ordered Tesla Y 1/20/2022 and my EDD has changed 7 times and is now showing January 2023. Does anyone know what is going on? Why so long?
It might be related to the information below. I see you don't have FSD so that might be related. Also I'm wondering if manufacturing in Austin isn't coming online as quickly as they originally hoped...