Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well here's a story..
I was looking at the numbers again last night with my partner, and with interest rates creeping up as they are, trade in values going down, we decided to opt for the extra few grand to get the performance for a quicker delivery date, and extra features. I tried calling our service centre but they were closed last night. Tried this AM and got one of the most wonderful people in the world to help us out! She dug around for awhile trying to find us one with our LR spec but non were available. We then said if we were to upgrade to the Performance, when could we expect a delivery...she said well as it happens, there was one scheduled for delivery locally, but the buyer wanted to wait for the Austin model. She would check with them first to see if they could release the vin to us and well...
Was able to lock in the January price. Waiting to hear back if we have amd/li 12v/heated wipers/double front glass etc...
Holy sh!t
And here we are! Delivery day!
To say it went off without a hitch would be a lie, but by no means total fault of tesla, just some disorganization and bad luck (without i wouldn't have any!)
Went into the Naperville SC/Gallery the day after i wrote the above post, wanting to inquire about trading in our VW, as with a truncated time table i wasn't sure if i would have time to private sale it (surprise surprise, I didn't)
The awesome rep not only gave us a quote for our trade in, but also teased me by showing that our car was at the local container yard, to be delivered to the dealership the following day! She then scooted our delivery date from 4/26-4/30 to...you got it! 4/20 (Elon, you have something to do with this?!)
That said, it was easter weekend, and solidifying financing, while both my partner and i coming down with a heavy cold, it was kind of intense.
Our original SA we worked with in January wasn't very helpful, so we were navigating this process for our first time somewhat blind. That and a lot of what was outstanding did not reflect on the App as it did with the tesla system. -the trade in did not populate correctly on the MVPA, as they didnt have an up to date registration (My brain fog uploaded the 2020 registration instead of 2021) and without that we couldnt get our final financing numbers, and without that tesla couldn't correctly populate a MVPA... so a rush trip to the tesla SC lead us on a path out of this rabbit hole.
thankfully our loan coordinator at GLCU was super helpful. For those wondering, we locked in at 1.99 for 60 months. Jump on your financing now as interest rates are on the climb- one of our big catalysts to make the switch to performance and hurry this whole thing along.

So fast forward to today- we docu-signed our loan papers, and i drove to the local branch to pick up the cheque to deliver to Tesla and...the manager (needed to sign off on the cheque) was "off for the day" and the tellers had a cap of $20,000 to which they could sign off on w/o manager. I encouraged the teller to practicing problem solving skills and after being on the phone for 15 minutes, she successfully produced a signature and i went on my merry way with cheque in hand.

pretty much the only thing that went smoothly was our downpayment from our bank account through the tesla app haha.

We picked up the car at 12:30. No alignment issues, in fact it looked as well put together as our Jetta! before our toe beans touched the floors i put in the LDCRS mats (perfect snug fit!) and 'Tesler' is home! Tomorrow im installing the front grill mounted license place holder and PPF hopefully friday (if it comes in time!) because monday im going to do a 1200 mile road trip! Let the adventures begin!

ALSO big shoutout to the forums for being so insightful, inquisitive, supportive and kind. To the start of many adventures TMC 🍻

Attachments

• tesla.jpg
    tesla.jpg
    657.6 KB · Views: 97
looks like im not the only one to have there date moved back to oct-jan 202. This is the second time i have got this date after having it moved up. Does anybody have any reason why it is moving people back with the same date?
It sounds like something may be wrong with your profile. This could be caused by expired trade in or finance offer.

It is recommended that you set your trade in to no trade in and payment method to cash, as if either of these expire, it can make your EDD push out because your profile is not complete.

These can be changed once you get your VIN. Contact your SA or use Tesla chat to have them reset.

Does anybody have any reason why it is moving people back with the same date?
Yes I do!

"

Tesla’s profits jumped in the first quarter, but challenges loom.​

The electric carmaker had to close an important factory in Shanghai because of China’s efforts to stamp out a coronavirus outbreak."

"Tesla was the fastest-growing major carmaker last year, nearly doubling sales to almost one million vehicles while the industry as a whole slumped. New factories near Austin, Texas, and Berlin position the company to repeat that growth this year — if it can overcome some serious challenges.
These include a semiconductor shortage that has plagued automakers for more than a year. Tesla has also had to shut down its factory in Shanghai because of China’s draconian attempts to contain the coronavirus. China accounted for one-quarter of Tesla sales last year, and the plant in Shanghai also exports cars to other countries in Asia and Europe.

Tesla said on Wednesday that it had resumed “limited production” in Shanghai after a three-week shutdown. But it warned that it continued to face “persistent” supply-chain problems as well as rising costs for raw materials."

It is what it is. Nothing that we can do but wait for our vehicles.

It sounds like something may be wrong with your profile. This could be caused by expired trade in or finance offer.

It is recommended that you set your trade in to no trade in and payment method to cash, as if either of these expire, it can make your EDD push out because your profile is not complete.

These can be changed once you get your VIN. Contact your SA or use Tesla chat to have them reset.
I made sure to do these steps when i first ordered my tesla since i kept seeing other people run into the same problem when they order their first vehicle and did not know the process.

Reactions: BGOwner
Yes I do!

"

Tesla’s profits jumped in the first quarter, but challenges loom.​

The electric carmaker had to close an important factory in Shanghai because of China’s efforts to stamp out a coronavirus outbreak."

"Tesla was the fastest-growing major carmaker last year, nearly doubling sales to almost one million vehicles while the industry as a whole slumped. New factories near Austin, Texas, and Berlin position the company to repeat that growth this year — if it can overcome some serious challenges.
These include a semiconductor shortage that has plagued automakers for more than a year. Tesla has also had to shut down its factory in Shanghai because of China’s draconian attempts to contain the coronavirus. China accounted for one-quarter of Tesla sales last year, and the plant in Shanghai also exports cars to other countries in Asia and Europe.

Tesla said on Wednesday that it had resumed “limited production” in Shanghai after a three-week shutdown. But it warned that it continued to face “persistent” supply-chain problems as well as rising costs for raw materials."

It is what it is. Nothing that we can do but wait for our vehicles.
Well that sucks but you would think with the shortage of semiconductors and the Shanghai closing for a while they would use this time to have supplies shipped to Austin or Fremont to meet the demands here but knowing the lead times for electrical components currently ill be shocked if they actually if they would actually do this.

Not good :( I was naïve enough to get my hopes up with an actual 2 week window, less than a week away. Now a new ridiculous EDD today - Oct 2022 - Jan 2023!

I was checking the app late Friday night, and unbelievably I had a VIN assigned!! VIN received Apr 22 - F427xxx. No delivery scheduled yet though. I texted the SA to see if they could send me additional build details on the new VIN that was assigned. Not real helpful, but they said it will have 2170 batter cells, newest chip update & CONTINENTAL 19" all season tires. I was not aware of Continental tires, I thought the all season tires were Michellin? Could this be right?

Reactions: NaperY and BGOwner
I was checking the app late Friday night, and unbelievably I had a VIN assigned!! VIN received Apr 22 - F427xxx. No delivery scheduled yet though. I texted the SA to see if they could send me additional build details on the new VIN that was assigned. Not real helpful, but they said it will have 2170 batter cells, newest chip update & CONTINENTAL 19" all season tires. I was not aware of Continental tires, I thought the all season tires were Michellin? Could this be right?
Took delivery of a VIN: 393xxx Long Range AWD Y which had continental all season 19” tires in March!

Have you followed up with SA? Odd for your EDD to be in line with the Feb/March orders
Ok I called and they took my trade-in off my account so it wouldn't cause any additional holdups. Other than that they said they are still looking at May/June. No deliveries have been made this month at all (for the most part) so they are trying to get the ball rolling again.

Soooo....yeah.

Ok I called and they took my trade-in off my account so it wouldn't cause any additional holdups. Other than that they said they are still looking at May/June. No deliveries have been made this month at all (for the most part) so they are trying to get the ball rolling again.

Soooo....yeah.
All I can wish is for the company to start delivering some cars and not keep playing their EoQ games. Hope you find something to keep yourself distracted