Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. New to the forums.

My order is the base model : MYLR5, White, Black Interior, 19”, No Tow or FSD.

OD: 01/17/2022
Profile completion: 03/15/2022 :(
Original EDD: November 2022
Current EDD: December 2022

Initiated trade-in, but rejected it on 03/13/2022.
Had financing but switch to cash a few days after profile completion.

Couple questions for you forum experts :). I was in the process of moving to my new place in March and in the profile, it said I can’t change my address after I submit it (little did I know it can easily be changed with a SA). Also, I felt like I was so far off my delivery date I could take my time. So I waited until I changed my DL to upload. Does my queue really start at 03/15/2022? I went in person to my SA and he said it’s based on OD and my profile is good to go.

When should I be expected range of dates with the month and day to show up? I think it changed to December in February - March. I’ve been stuck ever since. I also rejected unexpired trade-in about 2 weeks ago hoping it’ll change something.

Thanks in advance for responses!

Weedblossom:
Welcome to this forum.
Here you will find lots of information and even some amusing misinformation.
My OD was only a couple of weeks earlier than yours on 6 January 22
My only difference in my vehicle from yours is that I ordered a 7 seater version
I am patiently awaiting for my vin number and I expect the date may change a few more times?
Building an automobile is no easy feat even without a pandemic, war in Ukraine, parts, chip shortages, worker employee issues, etc.
I ordered the Tesla charger on 3 Jan and it arrived three weeks later even though the Tesla store said it was out of stock.
It is patiently waiting for the arrival of my M Y in my garage.
Just sit back and relax until the supply issues work themselves out of the economy.

Reactions: Gary.F and FLTessie
Weedblossom:
Welcome to this forum.
Here you will find lots of information and even some amusing misinformation.
My OD was only a couple of weeks earlier than yours on 6 January 22
My only difference in my vehicle from yours is that I ordered a 7 seater version
I am patiently awaiting for my vin number and I expect the date may change a few more times?
Building an automobile is no easy feat even without a pandemic, war in Ukraine, parts, chip shortages, worker employee issues, etc.
I ordered the Tesla charger on 3 Jan and it arrived three weeks later even though the Tesla store said it was out of stock.
It is patiently waiting for the arrival of my M Y in my garage.
Just sit back and relax until the supply issues work themselves out of the economy.
Thank you for the welcome and insight. I’m sure mine is definitely going to be a wait, just praying it’s a little sooner than later and the order is processing normally.

How have your dates been like?

I ordered my MYLR on 1/162022. I’ve had 7 date changes. It’s been solid this month. No changes yet. 18 Jul - 29 Aug. But who knows? July-Aug is a waze off yet.
I was July - August 28 for a while, until just a couple days ago. Now my EDD is Nov 2022 - Feb 2023, the same as someone that orders today. I ordered Jan 26th. I hole my EDD bumps back to this summer soon.

I was July - August 28 for a while, until just a couple days ago. Now my EDD is Nov 2022 - Feb 2023, the same as someone that orders today. I ordered Jan 26th. I hole my EDD bumps back to this summer soon.
Did you select Financing or a Trade in? If so, one or both could have exipired, which will pushback your EDD until corrected. Make sure you set your Payment method to cash and your trade in to no trade in. This way, they will not expire again. Once you get a VIN, You can have them changed so you can apply for Finance or your Trade in.

Did you select Financing or a Trade in? If so, one or both could have exipired, which will pushback your EDD until corrected. Make sure you set your Payment method to cash and your trade in to no trade in. This way, they will not expire again. Once you get a VIN, You can have them changed so you can apply for Finance or your Trade in.
I removed financing and trade-in after getting an EDD bump previously. I'm wondering if this has to do with Giga Texas. Perhaps there will be delays for the eastern portion of the nation until Giga Texas ramps up Model Y with 2170s production.

I removed financing and trade-in after getting an EDD bump previously. I'm wondering if this has to do with Giga Texas. Perhaps there will be delays for the eastern portion of the nation until Giga Texas ramps up Model Y with 2170s production.
Not very likely. They will continue to ship out of Fremont across US until they are ready in GT. GT still needs to start to make 2170 MYs in GT and ramp up production.

I ordered my MYLR on 1/162022. I’ve had 7 date changes. It’s been solid this month. No changes yet. 18 Jul - 29 Aug. But who knows? July-Aug is a waze off yet.
I’d rather take your July-August than my December lol. Mine is ways off. I wish I had any type of date range (not 2023 ones though haha) EDD movement. At least I know things are moving.

I called a phone SA. They said before Feb 20, 2022 all orders were based on profile completion date and after it was just order date. Can anyone confirm this??

I’d rather take your July-August than my December lol. Mine is ways off. I wish I had any type of date range (not 2023 ones though haha) EDD movement. At least I know things are moving.

I called a phone SA. They said before Feb 20, 2022 all orders were based on profile completion date and after it was just order date. Can anyone confirm this??
I heard it was before Nov 1, it was based on Profile. But heard this was changed sometime in Feb. before Feb, it was all based on Profile

Reactions: Gary.F
I pulled the trigger on an FWD Polestar 2, I got the Lowest configuration version at $45.2K which allows me to qualify for $10K in Fed and state tax credits. I needed to get rid of my 2016 Lexus as it needed a major brake job. I was able to get a $22K trade-in on a car I owned for 5 years and paid only $31K for. I am very happy with P2 so far. The P2 is pretty quick only being FWD, rides great, is very fun to drive and I love the native google auto experience. The adaptive cruise/pilot cruise option would have been nice, I just could not find one on the lot that was less than $50K which I needed to qualify for the Mass rebate. Overall $35.2 K for an amazing electric vehicle.