Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn’t get one either. Some get them and some doesn’t. I wonder what gives?
Well, considering my PPF installers blacked out my Tesla emblems, I just ordered a satin black one of these: Model Y License Plate Frame.

I mean, it's bargain basement delivery nonsense, but I'll just spend the $40 and move on and keep rolling my eyes.

Well, considering my PPF installers blacked out my Tesla emblems, I just ordered a satin black one of these: Model Y License Plate Frame.

I mean, it's bargain basement delivery nonsense, but I'll just spend the $40 and move on and keep rolling my eyes.
My PPF installers said that if I called Tesla that they would come and put new emblems on my car. My installers didn’t even replace them. So I’ll see what they will charge me. Thanks on the suggestion for the license plate frame.

My PPF installers said that if I called Tesla that they would come and put new emblems on my car. My installers didn’t even replace them. So I’ll see what they will charge me. Thanks on the suggestion for the license plate frame.
Already have my plate frame, just waiting for the car

227A1DA9-9D8E-41C4-B62B-86580CA0FE09.jpeg

I would love an Austin build, but after poking around the forums, it sounds like Austin only does MYs with black interior? Does that sound right?
Being you're in TX, I would think that you would get an Austin build. However, I wanted an Austin build, but got a Fremont build. Couldn't be happier. Love the car, I'm so happy the wait is over.

Being you're in TX, I would think that you would get an Austin build. However, I wanted an Austin build, but got a Fremont build. Couldn't be happier. Love the car, I'm so happy the wait is over.
I'm surprised you got a Fremont build in NC. Gives me hope I may get a VIN soon as Fremont had tons of Model Ys yesterday. Austin just seems to be going slow right now.

Reactions: PewPew and Gary.F
I'm picking up my Austin build tomorrow afternoon in Cincinnati. I'm not sold that one factory has a better build than the other. Right now, I'll be happy if the color is correct. It is what it is!
I totally agree. I think the only thing that Austin has over Fremont is the 4680 battery and new battery pack. But I’m totally happy with what I have. After having mine since 8/6/2022, I’ve put over 1,400 miles on it. I’ve charged twice at a supercharger for costs of $8.00 and $9.75. The rest was charged at home at $0.03 per kWh. Total kWh used is 533. App shows cost of $43. Estimated gas savings of $244. Not sure how accurate this all is.