Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

January 2022 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I totally agree. I think the only thing that Austin has over Fremont is the 4680 battery and new battery pack. But I’m totally happy with what I have. After having mine since 8/6/2022, I’ve put over 1,400 miles on it. I’ve charged twice at a supercharger for costs of $8.00 and $9.75. The rest was charged at home at $0.03 per kWh. Total kWh used is 533. App shows cost of $43. Estimated gas savings of $244. Not sure how accurate this all is.
MYLR out of Austin don't have 4680 or structural pack. Only the MY AWD that is invite only has 4680.
The only real difference right now is that Austin come with cargo cover 100% of the time and Fremont is only just starting to trickle those onto random cars.
Also for now (remains to be seen if temporary) Fremont is 100% coming with Matrix lights where as I've only seen one or two reports of a recent Austin car with Matrix lights.

I've read good and bad quality reports out of both factories so still seems to be random how well built any individual car is.

I have deferred delivery of my red Y twice now - because I can’t find anyone willing to install the wall charger near Stevenage, Herts! Lucky for others who may have got theirs early since I deferred! Any recommendations for installers that can be bothered & trusted?

MYLR out of Austin don't have 4680 or structural pack. Only the MY AWD that is invite only has 4680.
The only real difference right now is that Austin come with cargo cover 100% of the time and Fremont is only just starting to trickle those onto random cars.
Also for now (remains to be seen if temporary) Fremont is 100% coming with Matrix lights where as I've only seen one or two reports of a recent Austin car with Matrix lights.

I've read good and bad quality reports out of both factories so still seems to be random how well built any individual car is.
Yes. You’re correct. I knew that. Just forgot to add that in. My car from Fremont does have the matrix headlights and came with no problems. My MYLR is AWD. I think you’re meaning the MY, kind of like the standard.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDEWD250 and PewPew
Yes. You’re correct. I knew that. Just forgot to add that in. My car from Fremont does have the matrix headlights and came with no problems. My MYLR is AWD. I think you’re meaning the MY, kind of like the standard.
The official name Tesla gave the lower range MY with 4680 is "MY AWD". That is how it is labeled if you find one in inventory or get an offer to buy one.

I'm excited to hear that Austin may be using matrix headlights now!

I totally agree. I think the only thing that Austin has over Fremont is the 4680 battery and new battery pack. But I’m totally happy with what I have. After having mine since 8/6/2022, I’ve put over 1,400 miles on it. I’ve charged twice at a supercharger for costs of $8.00 and $9.75. The rest was charged at home at $0.03 per kWh. Total kWh used is 533. App shows cost of $43. Estimated gas savings of $244. Not sure how accurate this all is.
I'm also happy with my Fremont vehicle. Best assembled Tesla I've owned. I've only got 350 miles on it so far but my lifetime consumption is holding at 221Wh/mi. If I'm able to maintain that, I'll be thrilled.

I was able to pick up My Y tonight. First new car I’ve ever bought. It was nearly flawless. Tesla associate helped me a ton and removed the glue from third row seat and fixed something we noticed under the second row seat when we were pulling it forward. Otherwise perfect. Great to drive home obviously. Gotta figure out all the settings.

my father in law picked up his Lucid today and it had to be flat bedded back to dealership with major software issue.

Here are my details.
I got my VIN 9/19/22 and picked up 9/24/22 in Corte Madera. Loan check from Affinity Federal credit Union at 3% was overnighted. Received $200 voucher for mobile connector.

MYLR, Blue, Gemini, No tow, No FSD, completed profile 1/26/22, Fremont build. Did not have the Cargo cover or mud flaps. Did have matrix lights, new door trim, license plate holder and J1772 adapter. I’m lucky i didn’t have any gaps or anything needed fixing! Good lucky everyone!

Priscilla5 quick question regarding your loan with Affinity Federal Credit Union. What kind of qualification did you need to get the 3% rate?

Priscilla5 quick question regarding your loan with Affinity Federal Credit Union. What kind of qualification did you need to get the 3% rate?
You just have a to be a member. Opened a checking account and deposited $10!

Affinity Federal Credit Union

• 2.76% was the online rate
  • 3% was my rate at 755 credit score
  • $10 member
  • set up and received the Loan check took a few days
  • I applied over the phone with a guy named Mere: 908-860-7352 he was super helpful and has a Tesla too!

Reactions: JDEWD250 and Gary.F
Meet Miss Kitty. Some of you fossils will remember that name.
Picked her up yesterday afternoon. She is flawless. Three hundred miles on her already.
My happy surprise is that my Austin build has the door trim package and the cargo cover. Very much what I wanted if I could have asked.
I got a coupon code instead of a charging cable, and come to find that the Tesla Store is out-of-stock. I was relieved that I had ordered one several weeks ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    584.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0301.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg
    1,023.9 KB · Views: 38