Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

JANUARY 2022?? Sudden **2** month additional delay !?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My estimated delivery date had been steadily mid-October to first week of November for a while.

Now, today, it's estimated as "January".

(Please pardon me a moment while I step away to vent my feelings at something less expensive than my computer ....)

Ok, back now. Is anyone else seeing a sudden 2 month (at least; 3 months if late January) additional delay in their estimated delivery date?

• Funny
Reactions: InternetDude
My estimated delivery date had been steadily mid-October to first week of November for a while.

(Please pardon me a moment while I step away to vent my feelings at something less expensive than my computer ....)

Ok, back now. Is anyone else seeing a sudden 2 month (at least; 3 months if late January) additional delay in their estimated delivery date?
Order date?

My 7/22 order got pushed to December 17 earlier this week and now its back to October. I wouldn't stress about January too much right now.

Check back early/mid next week and it'll probably be back to normal. This sort of thing has happened at least twice to me (two week window changes to a future month with no dates). If you read through the "CA Waiting Room" thread, it's happened to maaaany of us but the original dates do seem to show back up again.

My 7/22 order got pushed to December 17 earlier this week and now its back to October. I wouldn't stress about January too much right now.
Good advice. Seems like every few weeks there's a crisis as everyone's orders jump to the right. As I recall, the previous ones I've seen have occurred on weekends too, so maybe the ERP system gets grumpy when working weekends. ;) Probably be sorted out on Monday or Tuesday with a happier EDD for you.

Thanks all for the calming inputs! Good advice, indeed.

@Chemios - Good question about my order date. It's a tiny bit complicated. I ordered 7/16 and then decided to make a change on 8/4. (Dammit! Should've stuck with my gut and ordered red in the first place!) After a little bouncing around my delivery date settled back to about what it had been.

Ok; I'll go find some prozac or something and check back in a few days... :)

Just be happy you have a date. OOD 8-7. EDD moved from December to early November then “January” and now I have no date at all. All of my steps are complete short of insurance since I don’t have a VIN. Not sweating it. Global chip shortage is driving production cuts across the board int he auto industry with Toyota recently cutting production but as much as 60%. It will come when it comes…

Just be happy you have a date. OOD 8-7. EDD moved from December to early November then “January” and now I have no date at all. All of my steps are complete short of insurance since I don’t have a VIN. Not sweating it. Global chip shortage is driving production cuts across the board int he auto industry with Toyota recently cutting production but as much as 60%. It will come when it comes…
@SFNM Jack You can use any insurance ID card! Complete your profile or wait forever!

@SFNM Jack You can use any insurance ID card! Complete your profile or wait forever!
Is this just forum knowledge or does Tesla explicitly say your clock starts only on profile completion. I did instinctively complete the profile without knowing I needed to (and my wife was wondering why I was scrambling to do that when the estimated delivery month was months away). I wonder how many customers don't realize that they need to complete the profile as soon as they can.

Reactions: SFNM Jack
Is this just forum knowledge or does Tesla explicitly say your clock starts only on profile completion. I did instinctively complete the profile without knowing I needed to (and my wife was wondering why I was scrambling to do that when the estimated delivery month was months away). I wonder how many customers don't realize that they need to complete the profile as soon as they can.
I purchased three Teslas, and in all cases, the first thing the SA told me was to, "CTFP" (Complete the Profile)!

Ok, as predicted, my delivery date did come back in, but only partly. Specifically it's back to what it was before plus 2 additional weeks.

What's very concerning now is that the estimated remaining time to delivery is growing, not shrinking. My EDD is in a worse than day for day slip. At this pace I'll never get the car.

Have they simply stopped production? Something unhappy is definitely going on.

On the issue of when we can / should show insurance, the "manage" page section on insurance says "Your Tesla VIN must be listed on your policy in all but these states" and then in the pop up list of states (which doesn't include Colorado where I live) it says "Proof of insurance is required to take delivery, and must be valid for the next 60-90 days. If you're registering in these 12 states, insurance can be provided for an existing car. In all other states, insurance must be provided for the Model Y."

So at least for me, it's clear that I have to wait for the VIN to get insurance. Seems likely that's true for everyone who doesn't live in the states listed as exceptions.

I just ordered my Tesla Y 2 weeks ago, with a estimated delivery date of January when I went through the ordering process. Now that I’ve ordered it, I can’t find anywhere where the estimated delivery date is shown. Where do I find the estimated delivery time? Thanks

I just ordered my Tesla Y 2 weeks ago, with a estimated delivery date of January when I went through the ordering process. Now that I’ve ordered it, I can’t find anywhere where the estimated delivery date is shown. Where do I find the estimated delivery time? Thanks
In your Tesla account dashboard, click/tap “Manage” below the image of your Model Y. When taken to the next screen your estimated delivery date will be shown in the lower right side below the “View Design Details” link.

I purchased three Teslas, and in all cases, the first thing the SA told me was to, "CTFP" (Complete the Profile)!
You were dead on man. I added my overall insurance info and took a picture of the policy card. Woke this AM to a 11-01 to 11-21 EDD. Appreciate the advice. Can’t be 100% that this is what triggered it but it’s been blank for over a week so there is that. Props!

• Love
Reactions: jebinc
Thanks all for the calming inputs! Good advice, indeed.

@Chemios - Good question about my order date. It's a tiny bit complicated. I ordered 7/16 and then decided to make a change on 8/4. (Dammit! Should've stuck with my gut and ordered red in the first place!) After a little bouncing around my delivery date settled back to about what it had been.

Ok; I'll go find some prozac or something and check back in a few days... :)
I too ignored my gut instinct on the color and am now want to make a color and wheel change, but am too scared of my EDD being pushed back--which I cannot mentally handle! :) So did your EDD not change and end up going back to the original EDD? I keep hearing mixed things on this.

I too ignored my gut instinct on the color and am now want to make a color and wheel change, but am too scared of my EDD being pushed back--which I cannot mentally handle! :) So did your EDD not change and end up going back to the original EDD? I keep hearing mixed things on this.
My EDD hopped way out for a few days then came back essentially to where it was. Of course YMMV. Also if the price has gone up you’ll be on the hook for the difference as well as any price difference in options.