Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

JANUARY 2022?? Sudden **2** month additional delay !?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@SFNM Jack You can use any insurance ID card! Complete your profile or wait forever!
Just be happy you have a date. OOD 8-7. EDD moved from December to early November then “January” and now I have no date at all. All of my steps are complete short of insurance since I don’t have a VIN. Not sweating it. Global chip shortage is driving production cuts across the board int he auto industry with Toyota recently cutting production but as much as 60%. It will come when it comes…
I thought the same thing with the VIN. Went to the SA, he told me I just need to upload a pic with my current carrier, it is good for the first 30 days of ownership. So you can use whatever insurance you currently have.

Decided to extrapolate my slipping EDD. Results are not encouraging. See extrapolated blue EDD on the graph below. It looks like there is a pretty constant "slow walk" slip. If that's real, my delivery date is probably around early January, even though the earliest EDD (reported just last week) was *today*. It's understandable that there's a big backlog - lots of people want these awesome cars that can only be built so fast. However, the chaotic and slipping EDDs are definitely not ok - sloppy (and frustrating as hell) at best or intentionally deceptive at worst.

1631893363629.png

Decided to extrapolate my slipping EDD. Results are not encouraging. See extrapolated blue EDD on the graph below. It looks like there is a pretty constant "slow walk" slip. If that's real, my delivery date is probably around early January, even though the earliest EDD (reported just last week) was *today*. It's understandable that there's a big backlog - lots of people want these awesome cars that can only be built so fast. However, the chaotic and slipping EDDs are definitely not ok - sloppy (and frustrating as hell) at best or intentionally deceptive at worst.

View attachment 710537
My EDD kept slipping back until finally it just said October. I was pretty bummed out. Then all of the sudden I was scheduling delivery a few days later. I picked up my Y on August 3rd. I know it’s hard to ignore the EDD, but it’s just a generic estimate that isn’t reliable. So don’t stress about it too much. I would also say that the wait is well worth it.

My estimated delivery date had been steadily mid-October to first week of November for a while.

Now, today, it's estimated as "January".

(Please pardon me a moment while I step away to vent my feelings at something less expensive than my computer ....)

Ok, back now. Is anyone else seeing a sudden 2 month (at least; 3 months if late January) additional delay in their estimated delivery date?
I've been delayed 4 times since ordering April 2021.Was even assigned a vin number once and then it was revoked. Was given date ranges for August, September, October, November and now December. I'm wondering if color orders matters.

My estimated delivery date had been steadily mid-October to first week of November for a while.

(Please pardon me a moment while I step away to vent my feelings at something less expensive than my computer ....)

Ok, back now. Is anyone else seeing a sudden 2 month (at least; 3 months if late January) additional delay in their estimated delivery date?
yes.. October to Jan -Feb

This occurred to me as well and now the delay is until March.

This occurred to me as well and now the delay is until March.
Did you change anything on your order since it was first submitted in August, e.g., change of color, changed tires, etc., Also, have you replied promptly to new odometer request if you are trading in a vehicle. I have an OD of August 18 and my EDD has remained steady at 11/8 - 12/6 for over a week. I have even seen some folks with June/July OD seeing the same types of delays and trying to figure out why that may be happening. The list above is the only thing that makes any sense why earlier orders than mine are getting delayed several months beyond my EDD.

To wrap up this topic, just wanted to report back that I got the car a couple days ago. Woo Hoo!

The conclusions based on my experience are:
* After the initial slip from mid-September to mid-October, my estimated delivery date (ignoring the wild spikes) was actually pretty stable and not far off the eventual date.
* The instances of EDD fluctuations (both directions) of several months were completely unreal and should be ignored.

Here's the updated graph of EDD for me:

1635091226412.png

EDDs are pretty vague. When I ordered my initial delivery was in Jan. Then for about 3 weeks I had no EDD after placing the order, then all of a sudden I got last week of Dec which was stable for about 2 weeks. Then all of a sudden it moved to Mid Nov which made me excited then 2 days later it moved from Mid Jan - Feb. To be honest as much as I hate this far back EDD I might be eligible for EV Credit which I am excited about.