TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

January Dance Between Mercury and Venus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Curt Renz, Jan 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Curt Renz

Curt Renz Active Member

During the coming early evenings, Mercury and Venus will be performing a dance in our western sky. They will appear within 1° of each other this month from the 8th through 12th. They will appear closest during the evening of January 10th with a separation of only 38 arcminutes.

Below is a chart I created to illustrate how Mercury and Venus will be appearing in Chicago's western sky at 17:30 CST during the coming evenings.

Photos and descriptions of the pair would be welcome additions to this thread.

MerVen.JPG

2. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX;S90D;XP100D;3LR

Thanks for this, Curt. I'll be looking westward at sunset over the next few days; I hope the pair is high enough in the sky to be visible above the Rockies.

3. FredTMC

FredTMC Model S VIN #4925

Thx curt. I've noticed Venus. I'll look for mercury .