Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Javier Fernandez from Madrid - Spain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I have only recently joined the forum, but I can humbly say I am the creator of awesome threads :wink: such as:

More to come...

I hold a Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering from EMBRY-RIDDLE Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach Class of '95), and a Systems Engineering Master from Spain's Universidad Autónoma de Madrid ('99).

My professional experience centers around project management within Europe's collaborative procurement of military aircraft, EF2000 and A400M, both in technical and commercial matters, and I have represented Spain in several NATO forums, as well as the six A400M Launch Customers as an officer within the European Management Agency (OCCAR) tasked with A400M Programme Management.
More info may be found following the link: es.linkedin.com/pub/francisco-javier-fernández-plaza/4/8a/11/

I have recently created a Facebook community to promote and support TESLA Motors arrival in Spain (which seems not yet to be in the plans), hoping to help "educate" the Spanish public about EVs in general, and TESLA Motors in particular. The link: https://www.facebook.com/PlataformaTeslaMotorsEspana

I am also active in linkedin TESLA groups discussions:

And I will not hide my interest of landing a job at TESLA related to technical project management for new concepts design and / or launch, nor my aspiration to contribute to making a difference of world-wide impact.

More personal stuff: 41, married, father of 3-year old daughter and son due end Sep 2013.
You may reach me at: [email protected], and my FB profile is: https://www.facebook.com/fjavier.fernandezplaza

That is all for now.
Best regards to all, and to all good luck.
Javier Fernandez

Last edited:
Welcome, Javier! If you ever come to this side of the ocean, would you be so kind as to bring one of those Andalusians with you...preferably a descendent of Legionario III. Or I would also accept a direct descendent of the Lusitano stallion Merlin (Orpheo). That is all.

While you're at it, maybe SpaceX would interest you?

Welcome, Javier! If you ever come to this side of the ocean, would you be so kind as to bring one of those Andalusians with you...preferably a descendent of Legionario III. Or I would also accept a direct descendent of the Lusitano stallion Merlin (Orpheo). That is all.

While you're at it, maybe SpaceX would interest you?

Hi Krugerrand,
And thanks for the kind welcome!
Those are indeed beautiful animals (andalusian horses if anyone is wondering), unfortunately way out of my league (can't even afford a pet turtle! :biggrin: )

SpaceX is also a most interesting company, and listening to Elon Musk speak about it, it is clear that it is here to stay and to promote humanity becoming multiplanetary, which is indeed a an awesome challenge and one that will make a huge change in the way we think about ourselves and our place in the universe.

As many of us as a kid I dreamt of being an astronaut, then decided for aerospace engineering to hopefully become one some day or help others go into space, but I have also always been attracted by the more "mundane" automotive industry, and follow its evolutions even more closely that I do that of space systems.

Either option I am sure would prove a most rewarding challenge, and for my much needed satisfaction of working towards really meaningful goals - that's what I like most about the idea of working at TESLA Motors or SpaceX...

In any case, they both seem rather difficult all the way from Spain...

Thanks again for the welcoming message, and for your wink at one of many Spanish/world wonders.

Best regards,
Javier