Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

JAX/ ASHEVILLE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be taking a trip this weekend from Jacksonville FL to Asheville NC. I plan on going via I 95 north to the Santee SC SpC then head north via I26 to asheville, stopping at the greenville SC SpC to charge.
does anyone have any tips, warnings or any other info that they could share?
Thanks

Hello kort
I live in Asheville
There is the charger here to charge for the return.
Enjoy the trip
I'm heading down your way in a couple of months. Let us know how the route is.
If you have questions I can tell you all about the route from Santee to FLA. there is not much to report, other than if you can do a range charge at santee in order to avoid the savannah SpC which is in the airport parking garage and not the most convenient place to access. the kingsland ga. Spc is about 210 miles from Santee.
The route from Santee to asheville is new to me.

Just 1) When leaving Santee, take US 301 to rejoin I-26 north rather than going back on I-95, it is a pretty clear drive and will reduce miles, and 2) Santee to Greenville to Asheville is uphill, so use your energy graph and plan accordingly - especially with near 100 degree F days.

Just 1) When leaving Santee, take US 301 to rejoin I-26 north rather than going back on I-95, it is a pretty clear drive and will reduce miles, and 2) Santee to Greenville to Asheville is uphill, so use your energy graph and plan accordingly - especially with near 100 degree F days.
thanks for that heads up.
On my trip to CO a similar heads up given here on TMC saved my skin while eastbound on I70 in Kansas, cold weather, extreme cold and 200 miles of steady upgrades required extra charging, and without the help here I was clueless and could have run out in the middle of nowhere.

The Supercharger in Greenville, SC is in a hotel parking lot so if you want a meal while you are charging you should stop and pick it up before you get there. There are several restaurants nearby but they are a little bit of a walk on a very busy road.
thanks for that, I am trying to arrange lunch with a friend who lives nearby, what hotel is the SpC located at?

Just FYI, I took a trip awhile back that included Santee -- Charlotte Mallard Creek. I range charged at Santee (~235 miles) and barely made it driving 60 mph. Part of the problem was a dramatic rise in energy consumption due to rain that thankfully stopped after an hour. Very careful planning including having a list of fallback plugshare locations is advisable.

As someone that lives near Asheville that takes yearly trips to FL down 95, I'll be watching this thread. I really hope they add more along this route before I get my 3, and hopefully they'll be more convenient. A few at rest areas would be great.

I have an S 90d, on the way from NE
FL to asheville I stopped at Savannah then Santee and then greenville SC. I made it to greenville with 10 miles left, I suppose that I should have done a longer charge at santee to compensate for the uphill gradient to greenville. In Asheville I put on a 90% charge and made it down to Augusta where I did a 94% charge and then I needed to be cautious with speeds and routing just making it to Kingsland GA with 11 miles remaining, if I followed the route provided by the nav, I may not have made it. If you don't have a 90 I wouldn't recommend making hops this long.
FWIW: there is icing at the augusta SpC caused by employees of the hilton garden inn, why they ice the SpC is beyond me because there is no shortage of parking there.