Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jay Leno Races Tesla in his 427 Cobra

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jay Leno's Garage show had two segments featuring Tesla.

In the first segment he raced his 575 Hp Cobra 427 against a "grandma" in a Tesla P85D. Needless to say, the Tesla blew his Cobra away for the short race. Jay made the point after the race that he always says that it's not the car HP but rather the Torque. Here is the preparation for the race (I could not find a clip showing the race):

Jay Lenos Garage: The Power of a Ford AC Cobra | Watch the video - Yahoo News

In the second segment he takes film director, Frances Coppola, for a ride and does a launch demonstrating the Tesla acceleration.

All said, it left a very favorable impression of Tesla.

Full Episode: Jay Lenos Garage | Season 1 Episode 8 | The Cars Of Tomorrow - YouTube

Jay Leno's Garage show had two segments featuring Tesla.

In the first segment he raced his 575 Hp Cobra 427 against a "grandma" in a Tesla P85D. Needless to say, the Tesla blew his Cobra away for the short race. Jay made the point after the race that he always says that it's not the car HP but rather the Torque. Here is the preparation for the race (I could not find a clip showing the race):

Jay Lenos Garage: The Power of a Ford AC Cobra | Watch the video - Yahoo News

In the second segment he takes film director, Frances Coppola, for a ride and does a launch demonstrating the Tesla acceleration.

All said, it left a very favorable impression of Tesla.

I saw this episode last night. How cool to lead off the "Cars of the Future" with the Tesla. In the second segment, Jay says that he made the trip to Francis Ford Coppola's estate in the Model S, no problem at all. Coppola's garage had some cool vehicles too. The only thing that disappoints me in these shows is where they showcase the P85D or P90D, quoting the price over $100k. I plan to have an S85 soon that is under $100k before tax incentives and would also beat Jay's modified Cobra 427 (though it would be closer).

The granny bit was hilarious!

I just noticed the YouTube account which posted the above video has been terminated!

Earlier today before it got taken down, I didn't get a chance to watch the full episode, but I watched the section where he races the grandma driving the Tesla - very funny!

Sorry, I thought it was an official video from an official Jay Lenos Garage channel... it even had a Jay Leno promotional banner taking up the top half of the video.