Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jay Leno's Garage - Roadster 2.0 with Franz

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
For anyone reading now, I believe the upcoming episode on "Jay Leno's Garage" @ 10pm ET/PT on CBNC is the episode with Franz and Roadster 2.0. On any minute. The CNBC site doesn't list either the Roadster 2.0 or Franz so not 100% sure but in general the episode has been hyped in the press.

Yep, it's coming up now. Episode called "Origins".

Reactions: RAVAGESofTIME
It played in Az earlier this evening. The new Roadster was teased the whole hour- Spoiler alert: New Roadster was shown just a little, with Leno Screaming -and saying "I'll take one" when Franz did a launch with him in it. The original roadster was driven by Jay and they showed Elon's Roadster in space.

Weird Al was on the episode too and mentioned he has a Tesla.

My opinion: Overall Fairly reasonable and unbiased report on Tesla from Leno-

Funny how in the beginning of the show, Weird Al mentioned he owns a Tesla and Tesla was at the end of the show....but Mitt Romney was in the middle after he dissed Tesla in two debates with Obama.

Would have been awesome if Mitt would have admitted he was wrong about Tesla. My respect for him would have gone up tremendously. Maybe would have earned my vote (if he would have ran again.)

I thought they showed more footage of the Model 3 than the new Roadster.

Hey, Tesla getting airtime on a popular car show, it's all great but the Model 3 and Roadster were the only cars that were being sold now which I thought was interesting...or if you were only interested in old model cars, the focus on them was kind of out of place.

Nice to see electric cars on a car show. But Leno’s main writers must have been on vacation for that episode. The cares seemed to be just props. It was more about talking with a couple of formerly popular ‘celebrities’. And Tesla was just stuck in at the end to perhaps get more viewers. So not something that would convince me to watch the show again. (I have seen Leno do a steam engine car episode that was pretty interesting).

(I have seen Leno do a steam engine car episode that was pretty interesting).

I saw the Doble steam car episode too, and I really liked that. Worth looking up.

One funny bit was when he quoted from the manual, where it was saying you should have "your man" do various sort of maintenance on the car, with the implicit assumption that anybody who owns a car like this must have a servant to look after it. And then not long after that, without a hint of irony, Jay introduced his mechanic who he has look after the car.