TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

JB Straubel presentation at University of Nevada, Reno 10.11.15

Discussion in 'Video' started by ivengo, Oct 20, 2015.

1. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Wish I had know he was here. Thanks for link.

2. DrGuest

DrGuest Member

#3 DrGuest, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    I really like the part where JB talks about the Gigafactory and Tesla's decision to not even bring in a Natural Gas Pipeline to the factory. In doing that, the engineers would not be tempted to try use even just a little fossil fuel in the design.

Tesla is really committed to the largest factory on the planet, to be zero emissions. Solar and "Heat Pump" technology will be used.

I also love the idea that Tesla is helping the University of Nevada, Reno to fine tune it's curriculum to better support the Renewable Energy revolution and even influencing the K-12 curriculum. I really think there has never been a better time for engineers' skills to be needed. Hopefully many, better paying jobs to be developed for our graduating engineering students. I hope it's true and time for "The Engineer" has finally come.