TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

JB Straubel video, 13 May 2015, Think 15 Seminar, 52 min

Discussion in 'Video' started by Matteo, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Matteo

Matteo Member

#1 Matteo, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    The video was uploaded on 15 Jul 2015 even though it was recorded two months before that on 13 May 2015.
    It is 52 min long. It has less than 300 views. It is fairly undiscovered yet.
    If you like Tesla videos longer than 20 minutes, check out this wiki I started here.

2. ggies07

ggies07 Active Member

thanks for sharing! I'll check it out during lunch.

3. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Thank you. Can never get too much of JB.

Interesting to hear him say that most of their R&D is focused on Model 3. No wonder the X is so late. :p

4. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

One thing I thought was interesting is how he said (starting at 49:00) that the mass-move towards zero-carbon is not going to be motivated by fear of climate change or running out of oil but that it will be driven by cheaper energy and better/faster/cheaper cars. He is so right. Too high of a percentage of people don't care about any of those environmental issues. All they care about is how much it will cost (or save them) and how much it will inconvenience them (or not). Once electric cars and solar get cheaper (and they will), the masses will come flocking. It's kind of shame because you can't put a price on the environment, but unfortunately, that's how most people think.

5. MSEV

MSEV Member

I agree with you.
    I think that Elon was always ahead of me (in so many ways) in saying that they wanted to make a "compelling" EV. A compelling 35k 200 mi Tesla EV will be, I believe, a big deal. Compelling. Game changer.

6. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

Look at this way. At some point the cost polluting the environment will make the ICE more directly expensive to the common man in ways that we still don't know yet.

That with the decreasing cost of EVs will take care of the transition.