Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

JdeMO for the Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Electified Garage responded to my Facebook question that they did have to "clearance the trunk" along with the foam behind the bumper.

If you click on the Facebook link in the video, you'll see their entire response.

They didn't post any additional pictures.

From some rough measurements, bumper license plate section to back of trunk box is ~3.5" and it looked like 4.5-5" needed to fit the inlet with current cable configuration (no 90 degree connector to "shorten the bend").

No pictures from me either, but planning on back-up camera this weekend so can snap some when i'm under there..

it did look like the cutting could all be the bottom part so under the fake trunk bottom panel piece.

Last edited:
Naw. I'm holding out for @CM_007's version of this :D

cf2-jpg.273170

Reactions: dhrivnak
oh, it's about 3.75" from front of license plate section of bumper to trunk box.

i think i eyeballed the cable bend from the JdeMo inlet front needing about 4.75-5" or so . . . maybe 1.25" of trunk would need to be cut out?

i need to take out the JdeMO cross bar thing, to get a better look, but i thought the cutting could all be below the level of that removable trunk bottom panel thing.

Attachments

• IMG_20200201_183222.jpg
    IMG_20200201_183222.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 70
BTW, does anyone in VT know who owns the EB 2.5 featured in the video? Really curious if there's enough clearance with the license plate folded down to accommodate the CHAdeMO connector.
That is my EB 2.5. I hope to get the car back after a long stay in NH next weekend. I assume there is room because the Electrified Garage says they have charged the car successfully—so there should be room for the connector! I agree that it might have been better done with the bracket upside down from how it is now, but if it works, I am quite pleased. I also have Stefan's kit that we didn't use, so if someone wants it, I will resell it for less than I paid.

Reactions: Roadster
That is my EB 2.5. I hope to get the car back after a long stay in NH next weekend. I assume there is room because the Electrified Garage says they have charged the car successfully—so there should be room for the connector! I agree that it might have been better done with the bracket upside down from how it is now, but if it works, I am quite pleased. I also have Stefan's kit that we didn't use, so if someone wants it, I will resell it for less than I paid.

So you custom fabbed a bracket to hold the inlet. Cool!

The bolt pattern on the bumper looked similar to Stefan's so I assumed it was from his kit :oops:

So you custom fabbed a bracket to hold the inlet. Cool!

The bolt pattern on the bumper looked similar to Stefan's so I assumed it was from his kit :oops:

Actually, I probably shouldn't have said it that way. The Electrified Garage guys came up with the spring-loaded license plate holder, so I assumed they did the whole thing from scratch. Maybe not. Once I get the car next weekend, I will see if they used any componentts from the kit for the inlet parts or not. If I have a complete kit with all the parts I got from Stefan, I will make it available. No point selling an incomplete set. I just figured the postage be less to get it from me than from overseas! I will test the JdeMO on the way home, as I won't be able to make it home in one charge.

Reactions: drewski
I'm sorry, who do I contact?

[EDIT] I just saw the reply above and I see a link.... So I called and will order.

Looking forward to being able to drive all the way to Vermont to enjoy skiing.

Item purchased. I look forward to long drives with charging on the way.

Looks like I will keep her.

Gonna get carbon fiber sills and have some fun.

Thanks for helping me on this thread!

Tobash

Reactions: ra88it and drewski