Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

JdeMO for the Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. I easily charged it. I can hold the plate down and take a photo tomorrow, but I personally charged it without an issue via the JdeMO when driving back from Electrified Garage to my home in Vermont. I plugged it in and got back into the car to surf the web while it charged. No problem. I can get those photos tomorrow with the car outside for better lighting. If I could find a local ChadeMO, I can get a photo with the charger in place, but it really worked easily.

Reactions: drewski and TOBASH
As promised, here is a photo of the port with the cable in place. I tried to get a video to uploade (< 4 mb) without success. You can push on the plate and open up a 1 cm clearance between the charge adapter and the plate at the rubber stopper.
IMG_2026.jpg

They are on the wrong side of our continent.
You don't need Tony and QC to install, you can have Electrified Garage do it, like I did. I asked for a hidden install behind the plate and sent them the parts from the gentleman in Sweden who made one, but they found the flip down metal one that is better—and I went with that. The EG is not too far from you (on the coast in Seabrook, NH). The shop has at least 3 prior Tesla employees, 2 of which were Roadster technicians. They even re-created the extra sound-proofing and under door sill-protecting squeegee upgrade (originally designed by former Tesla employee Matt Boarman) that was available for < 1 year. So now I have the JdeMo (installed for what Tony was charging or less) as well as door sills that don't fill up with rocks, sludge and road salt. They did several other things for me. They are a great team. I recommend them highly!

Reactions: TOBASH
I have decided to sit back and wait to install. I don't want to install prior to receiving my 3.0 battery. I don't need noise from the SC regarding refusal to install due to non-standard equipment.

ViperDoc, I will absolutely consider that place if I can't figure out on my own.

THANKS ViperDoc.

I have decided to sit back and wait to install. I don't want to install prior to receiving my 3.0 battery. I don't need noise from the SC regarding refusal to install due to non-standard equipment.

ViperDoc, I will absolutely consider that place if I can't figure out on my own.

THANKS ViperDoc.
If you are doing 3.0, that might be wise. The EG team told me it should not be a problem to have the 3.0 install after this work, but they said there was one (sounded relatively simple) thing that might have to be done. I have a pre-paid first replacement battery myself that I need to decide what to do about next summer when the car hits 10 years old. If you had the same contract, you likely know the rules. At the 10 year mark, my choice will be new original capacity battery and they pay me $3K or I pay them $5K for the new one I suppose. Seemed funny to me that while my cost for an original replacement changed over time, the value of my contract towards a new 3.0 has held steady (if you didn't get that first replacement contract, it was pre-paid replacement for $0 at 7 years, and for every year earlier you paid them $2K but for every year after 7 they paid you $1K). I am waiting to decide on replacing with "new" same capacity as original battery or adding the $5K to get 3.0—if they work out the issues with the quick degradation of the original 3.0s.

If you are doing 3.0, that might be wise. The EG team told me it should not be a problem to have the 3.0 install after this work, but they said there was one (sounded relatively simple) thing that might have to be done. I have a pre-paid first replacement battery myself that I need to decide what to do about next summer when the car hits 10 years old. If you had the same contract, you likely know the rules. At the 10 year mark, my choice will be new original capacity battery and they pay me $3K or I pay them $5K for the new one I suppose. Seemed funny to me that while my cost for an original replacement changed over time, the value of my contract towards a new 3.0 has held steady (if you didn't get that first replacement contract, it was pre-paid replacement for $0 at 7 years, and for every year earlier you paid them $2K but for every year after 7 they paid you $1K). I am waiting to decide on replacing with "new" same capacity as original battery or adding the $5K to get 3.0—if they work out the issues with the quick degradation of the original 3.0s.

I do not have that contract NOR was I made aware of it at the time of purchase of my vehicle and warranty.

I will of course forward to my attorney BUT either way, my 3.0 is not yet available and I don't want to jam up the process. By the time I get this upgrade, I wonder CHAdeMO will be gone in favor of CCS.

What they contracted to do and what they can actually do are separate issues MarkJ.

18650 batteries are no longer available and they need to engineer a work around or there will be legal repercussions. Apparently they are in violation of USA car manufacturers mandate to provide parts at least over a ten year period.

At least that is what I’ve been told by someone in the know.

Best

T

They even re-created the... under door sill-protecting squeegee upgrade (originally designed by former Tesla employee Matt Boarman) that was available for < 1 year. So now I have... door sills that don't fill up with rocks, sludge and road salt.
Would love to see photos of this as well. Is it the same thing that was discussed on this thread (see photo for reference):

Mud on the Door Sills

factory-roadster-trim-jpg.36204

They even re-created the extra sound-proofing and under door sill-protecting squeegee upgrade (originally designed by former Tesla employee Matt Boarman) that was available for < 1 year. So now I have the JdeMo (installed for what Tony was charging or less) as well as door sills that don't fill up with rocks, sludge and road salt.

Also interested so see the door sill protection. I've been looking for a similar rubber "L" piece to replicate this without success. :(