Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

JdeMO for the Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just put my deposit down for this. I think QC Power needs to see more deposits to make this happen.

They plan to demonstrate a CHAdeMO charge on a Roadster in the coming week.

It looks a like an experienced Tesla technician is willing to do installs in the UK and nearby in Europe.

Last edited:
JdeMOzeeMapRoadster7Dec2015.jpg

nobody in the US??? I have a 2.0 but up in Northern California, maybe if Tony comes up we could arrange a group install ;)

Seriously considering jumping in too. I'm 30mi east of Sacramento, also with a 2.0 (but it has some 2.5 CF pieces front and rear for mechanical consideration).

Berkeley is just within my 1-way range, but getting home would require a full range charge after the install, so it better work!

Message from Tony

If anybody on the west coast of the USA wants to talk about JdeMO, our crew and myself will be installing JdeMO on the Toyota RAV4 EV at the following locations through the second half of December:

18 - AS, LaCanada, CA
21 - MK, Tustin, CA
25 - RE, Tustin, CA
26 - TF, Cupertino, CA
27 - CC, Santa Cruz, CA
28 - DF, Santa Cruz, CA
29 - PT, Long Beach, CA
30 - LD, Berkeley, CA
31 - TG, Emerald Hills, CA
32 - GL, Oakland, CA
33 - JP, Fremont, CA
34 - AW, Albany, CA
35 - BD, Monrovia, CA
36 - MI, Los Altos, CA
37 - QT, Tustin, CA
38 - SG, San Luis Obispo, CA
39 - JM, Coronado, CA
40 - MO, Seattle, WA
41 - DG, Everett, WA
42 - MH, Sunnyvale, CA
43 - SL, Sunnyvale, CA
44 - AdL, Cupertino, CA

Yes Dennis. The initial test was spectacular. The Roadster charged at 400+ volts and 125amps for nearly 30 minutes, with no errors or heat issues.
For sure, more testing is needed but this was a great first effort with a Roadster 1.5.

Back in SoCal for the Winter, I assume. Hope to see you on this month's OC meet. That's impressive. Hope you were there with @TonyWilliams for the test on your car... You supplying the 2.0 as well?