Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

JdeMO for the Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
USA mounting a late comeback.

JdeMOdeposits15Dec2015.jpg

So, the graphic brings up an interesting point... 50% of the DC fast charging is CHAdeMO, so 50% isn't. The Tesla Superchargers are far less than 50%, so there's still a lot of choice out there.

What specifically do I need to look for to know that any particular "DC Fast" charge station is CHAdeMO? There are several so-labeled in the greater area here (California Highway 680 corrider around San Ramon), but all the map says is "DC Fast Charge". Are these stations going to be compatible?

So, the graphic brings up an interesting point... 50% of the DC fast charging is CHAdeMO, so 50% isn't. The Tesla Superchargers are far less than 50%, so there's still a lot of choice out there.

What specifically do I need to look for to know that any particular "DC Fast" charge station is CHAdeMO? There are several so-labeled in the greater area here (California Highway 680 corrider around San Ramon), but all the map says is "DC Fast Charge". Are these stations going to be compatible?

Any DC charge station that is not at a BMW or VW dealer will always have CHAdeMO (even if combined with CCS). There are so few CCS only stations in North America, that it would be difficult to actually find one.

I believe that this announcement from the CHAdeMO Association refers to worldwide chargers. China uses GB/T.

IEC world standards:

System A - CHAdeMO (worldwide)

System B - GB/T (China only)

System C - SAE CCS COMBO1 (US) & Menekkes CCS COMBO2 (Europe)

No IEC designation - Supercharger (Tesla only, private)

I miss the Jdemo allready, on my 3 last little longer tripps i had problems to get eunght charge becase of diffrent problems with charging (chargers and ICED, fuses, and contact have dropp out from adpter) , but have fix it but it had been much easier with Jdemo

Last edited:
There are some RAV4s with the JdeMO upgrade already in Norway, so someone local must have the expertise to fit it.

See CHAdeMO for Tesla Roadster, Quick Charge Power JdeMO deposits | Page 6 | Speak EV - Electric Car Forums

Failing that, if a few more owners in Scandinavia sign up, I'm sure someone like Neil in the UK could come there to do the work.

I am currently in contact with Tony about this. Will also try to get a few more local Roadster owners onboard.

Just read in the news that they are building 150 new gouvernment sponsored chademo/combo/type-2 22kw chargespots in Norway next year, so this would really help me with the super charger envy :)
I can ofcourse use the type-2 22kw (basically 32A on my roadster) outlet on all the new locations, but it's to slow. If they had gone for the type 2 43kw instead (60A single for roadster) I wouldnt mind, but 32A is just irritatingly slow.

Anyway, even If I don't get a chademo upgrade I guess 32A charging spot every 30 kilometres (and 60A every 300 or so) is better than in many other countries in the world, so I cannot complain to loudly :)