Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jebinc’s review of N2itive’s RSX-2 Plaid / Refreshed MS/LR Lowering Links!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jebinc

Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
tl;dr – These are awesome; money well spent!

The details

First, N2itive is very responsive to answer questions, and to ship the product – I received my set only days after ordering! I decided to go with the top of the line “black” version, only because the red version was two weeks out. Besides the price, the only difference between the two is the finish. Everything else is exactly the same!

Second, the quality of these links is outstanding, and really is like a “precision medical instrument”!

I purchased these to complement my wheel/look overhaul, along with new forged aluminum alloy wheels, titanium lugs and new summer rubber (discussed in a separate thread)! I also purchased these links to do some experimentation, re the refreshed Model S/Plaid vibration issue that affects many. More on that in another thread, once the experiment concludes.

What I like most about this N2itive links is the ability to precisely dial up or down the amount of lift or drop – even without having to remove them! N2itive’s web site provides detail information and videos explaining how this works and how best to remove the stock plastic links, making installation a snap!

I’ve attached some photos of the “unboxing” removal of the stock link, greasing the ball posts (although the N2itive links come pre-greased – a nice touch!), rears installed, fronts installed, and of course, the final “look”. At this point, I only dropped the car a tad more than ½”, but plan to do more as part of the “testing campaign”!

IMG_1948.jpeg

IMG_1949.jpeg

IMG_1950.jpeg

IMG_1945.jpeg

IMG_1946.jpeg

IMG_1951.jpeg

IMG_1989.jpeg

IMG_2004.jpeg

IMG_1958.jpeg

IMG_1958.jpeg

@N2itive @WilliamG @EndlessPlaid @uthatcher @GroovaEV

Attachments

• IMG_2002.jpeg
    IMG_2002.jpeg
    1,013.3 KB · Views: 229

The details

First, N2itive is very responsive to answer questions, and to ship the product – I received my set only days after ordering! I decided to go with the top of the line “black” version, only because the red version was two weeks out. Besides the price, the only difference between the two is the finish. Everything else is exactly the same!

Second, the quality of these links is outstanding, and really is like a “precision medical instrument”!

I purchased these to complement my wheel/look overhaul, along with new forged aluminum alloy wheels, titanium lugs and new summer rubber (discussed in a separate thread)! I also purchased these links to do some experimentation, re the refreshed Model S/Plaid vibration issue that affects many. More on that in another thread, once the experiment concludes.

What I like most about this N2itive links is the ability to precisely dial up or down the amount of lift or drop – even without having to remove them! N2itive’s web site provides detail information and videos explaining how this works and how best to remove the stock plastic links, making installation a snap!

I’ve attached some photos of the “unboxing” removal of the stock link, greasing the ball posts (although the N2itive links come pre-greased – a nice touch!), rears installed, fronts installed, and of course, the final “look”. At this point, I only dropped the car a tad more than ½”, but plan to do more as part of the “testing campaign”!

View attachment 772035

View attachment 772036

View attachment 772037

View attachment 772038

View attachment 772039

View attachment 772040

View attachment 772041

View attachment 772048

View attachment 772051

View attachment 772051

🔥🥵

The details

View attachment 772035

View attachment 772036

View attachment 772037

View attachment 772038

View attachment 772039

View attachment 772040

View attachment 772041

View attachment 772048

View attachment 772051

View attachment 772051

I concur, Don at N2itive is great at communication and the products are first class. I don't have anything on my current Plaid because the tires are wearing nicely and I don't want to lower, but N2itive is where I would purchase.

I'm really curious to hear about your "experiment". I'm seeing more and more about this vibration topic and it would be great info to know if the vibration can be influenced by suspension alterations.

And I have to say, again, that your car looks excellent. Frankly, gray is my least favorite of all the huge pallet of 5 colors (which in itself is odd because there's been times when I've bought like 3-4 gray cars in a row), but yours really looks nice.

Thanks! My “experiment” and preliminary results have been posted and can be found here!

'Anyone know how much height variation/play exists in the Tesla air suspension design? I ask as my ride heights seem to vary somewhat from drive to drive.

@N2itive

I've experienced anything from 1/16" to 1/2" of variation, depending on how level of a surface you're on. It seems to be exhibited as "left side vs right side" more than front/rear or individual corners.

Generally, it's pretty accurate - but of course nowhere near coilover accurate.

The details

I too found N2itive to be very responsive and very helpful. I do not have a plaid, but do have their camber/toe arms on my P85, and am very happy with the product and the service.

Also @jebinc - Very Nice Car!

• Love
Reactions: jebinc
how do these affect the air suspension in regards to when its programmed to raise at certain location? if lowering the car with the links does the max raised limit of the air suspension also decrease? i have a steep up hill driveway
well when you lower, you'll essentially lower the car in increments of how low you set it. So if you drop the car 1 inch, every setting the car has now will be one inch lower.