Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jebinc’s review of N2itive’s RSX-2 Plaid / Refreshed MS/LR Lowering Links!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could definitely use some rear camber arms for the refresh ASAP. Running -8 on the links in the rear put my camber at -2.6 degrees in low. That will eat up those expensive 4S tires quick. I can't imagine what kind of specs the guys running -10 and -13 on the links are seeing...probably well over -3 degrees.
exact reasons why i'm holding off buying the links until this is released. Supposed to have the pre-order already. Not sure whats going on.

Anyone know what this “secret feature “ is on the most expensive arms? Trying to see if it’s justifiable for the extra 200 dollars.

This is in their description for the most expensive version.

See here:

Suitable For 2021 and later Tesla Model S/X PLAID and Long Range Vehicles
• Made From The Best Materials: Drop Forged 4140 Chromoly, Drop Forged Aluminum, Strong Class 10.9 Bolts, Chemical Resistant Rubber, Dual Custom Spherical Bushings
• Secret Feature Not Yet Revealed Which Will Not Be Available On The Red And Natural Finished Versions
• The Finish Will Likely Be Either Electroless Nickel Plated or PVD Coated. Still Undecided And Can Change At Anytime
• Best Corrosion Resistance
• Lifetime Warranty – Wear and Tear Included

Anyone know what this “secret feature “ is on the most expensive arms? Trying to see if it’s justifiable for the extra 200 dollars.

This is in their description for the most expensive version.
No clue.... based off of their lowering links though I hypothesized it might be adjustability markings or an easier way to get to it from outside of the car to make alignment easier?

Again, really no clue, just the thoughts that crossed my mind...

I went ahead with the higher end for the additional protective coating and the lifetime warranty.... Waffled a LOT, going back and forth up to the very last minute.

I could care less about the color / look, once on the vehicle you wont see them, but looking up PVD or nickel plating processes lead me to it standing up against corrosion better so that is what justified the additional cost for me anyway.

No clue.... based off of their lowering links though I hypothesized it might be adjustability markings or an easier way to get to it from outside of the car to make alignment easier?

Again, really no clue, just the thoughts that crossed my mind...

I went ahead with the higher end for the additional protective coating and the lifetime warranty.... Waffled a LOT, going back and forth up to the very last minute.

I could care less about the color / look, once on the vehicle you wont see them, but looking up PVD or nickel plating processes lead me to it standing up against corrosion better so that is what justified the additional cost for me anyway.

I know we don't see it when installed, but i wanted the red to match my red MS. I went back and forth and last second chose the most expensive for lifetime warranty and the "special feature" I hope it's not markings since we would need to drop it off to an alignment shop anyways. haha

I thought about corrosion, but since i live in sunny CA, no salts ever on the road i can forego the corrosion stuff. I did order the links at the same time and i went with the red version on those.

This is their response:

Hi, great question. The special feature is something that will be beneficial if you decide to change out other OEM rear control arms with our future adjustable arms. It will help with proper alignment and also help to prevent technician error when aligning the car. It is not a necessary feature for the arms to function but I think will be really cool. Also those arms will come with our high end finish so they'll look amazing and have amazing corrosion resistance.

I should actually add this to our website description. I'm sure many people will be wondering the same thing.

If you have any other questions please let me know. Thank you!

Sorry to bump an old thread...

Besides possibly eating up tires quicker, what's the probability of these links actually resulting in a suspension failure or something Tesla could point at and blame the end user? I know the obvious answer is to stay stock if there's any concern about warranty issues, but that's no fun...

Reactions: jebinc
Sorry to bump an old thread...

Besides possibly eating up tires quicker, what's the probability of these links actually resulting in a suspension failure or something Tesla could point at and blame the end user? I know the obvious answer is to stay stock if there's any concern about warranty issues, but that's no fun...
Re-bump to see if anyone has thoughts on this. I'm thinking hard about the Intuitive SX-P2 arms but don't want to leave myself open to things being blamed on aftermarket parts.