Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda charging pad for model 3 doesn't work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else had problems with the Jedi charging mat? I ordered mine in October 2021 directly from Jeda, but it basically never worked. I gave it plenty of time and tried an iPhone 8 and iPhone XR. While it causes the 'charging' symbol on the phone to indicate that it is charging, it does not actually charge the phone over minutes or even hours. The phone gets warm to the touch but the battery slowly drains as if it were not charging at all.

I contacted Jeda support through their website. They wrote back to me within a few days with a questionairre like "what phone are you using? do you have a case?, etc. etc."

I replied with all the requested information but now they are not replying to my subsequent emails. I entered another request on their website and still, no reply.

Since it's been less than one year since I bought it, it should be under warranty, but it looks like Jeda is not that interested in supporting their product. I'd suggest nobody buy their products.

Before this, I had a Nomad charger that worked great ... until it totally died on a road trip. So I seem to have bad luck with these things.

Should I try the Taptes version next?

Jeda charger pads are mediocre at best and defective at best. If you look through the forums you'll see several threads talking about DOA charger pads and hubs. On my old Jeda v3 it had issues charging smaller devices like my Iphone SE (2020) and 13 Mini due to poor coil placement. A few years ago I think jeda offered to take problematic pads and adjust the coil locations but I don't believe they do it any longer. I have since upgraded to a USB C/A usb hub and taptes (2020 version) with a singular usb C cable. It works great though taptes is also known for some QC issues so buy it on amazon and make full use of the return window. If you have a Jeda v4 i have a sneaking suspicion it might have something to do with the magnets inside to make it compatible with magsafe.

I have tried all versions of the Jeda wireless charger and none work properly, some only work on side, some versions only charger smaller phones or without a case etc.

In my quest to find a working one I am happy to say the Taptes one works perfectly. Don't bother with their 'Boost voltage converters' those don't work. Only gripe I have is I don't like the charging LED indicator on the charging pad but that's just personal preference.

Same here. I received one as a Christmas gift (I actually asked for it) and the chargers don't work. I requested support and they sent a Google form to fill out. From what I hear here, I don't expect much back from them. If I don't hear back, I may pull it apart and see if it's fix-able. SMH

Mine (jeda charging pad v4) only charges my pixel 4 pro on one side, and only slowly charges my iPhone. I had the same experience that OP mentions. I even have their USB hub and also tray, both of which I bought because I thought "if I have the full jeda solution it might work better together for my pixel 6pro"

Nope.

They went dark after a couple of contacts with questions, as mentioned earlier. I have all their model 3 stuff, and wont be trying to return it because I my time is worth more to me than the aggravation of trying to deal with it any other way, however I would never buy anything from jeda again, and would also recommend others really examine whether they want to do so either.

Note that this is not a "moderator" response or anything, just a regular persons response.

I have no idea if the taptes one works better, although I have read a few reports that it might. My iPhone charges some when I put it on there, and my pixel 6pro is my personal phone and I dont use it that much, so this is just an inconvenience for me, not something that changes my workflow (my iPhone is my work phone, and the one I use all the time).

I just wouldnt expect jeda to fix anything, or "make anything right", and would advise people to not purchase their charging pad. FWIW, the USB hub i bought from them does work for its purpose, and the fit was good, etc. The charging tray (that I use to charge my airpod pro case) also works, so they have some stuff that works properly.

Has anyone else had problems with the Jedi charging mat? I ordered mine in October 2021 directly from Jeda, but it basically never worked. I gave it plenty of time and tried an iPhone 8 and iPhone XR. While it causes the 'charging' symbol on the phone to indicate that it is charging, it does not actually charge the phone over minutes or even hours. The phone gets warm to the touch but the battery slowly drains as if it were not charging at all.

I contacted Jeda support through their website. They wrote back to me within a few days with a questionairre like "what phone are you using? do you have a case?, etc. etc."

I replied with all the requested information but now they are not replying to my subsequent emails. I entered another request on their website and still, no reply.

Since it's been less than one year since I bought it, it should be under warranty, but it looks like Jeda is not that interested in supporting their product. I'd suggest nobody buy their products.

Before this, I had a Nomad charger that worked great ... until it totally died on a road trip. So I seem to have bad luck with these things.

Like others here, I had a Jeda and after a few months, it quit working. I switched to a Taptes charger and it has worked fine for me.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Maybe I should have read more before I ordered for the wife. 🤣 Wonder if I should go ahead and order a Taptes (shrug). I guess we will know either after it gets here in a couple of days - or after a few weeks.

I do like the Hub, so there is that.

Hi, I have the same experience with Jeda. They’ve stopped responding to my emails and I have not even received the product yet, I have paid and it’s been over 6 months. Avoid Jeda!