Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Matsayz

Jul 6, 2019
Las Vegas
Jeda Products | Tesla Model Y USB Hub

The Jeda Hub for the Model Y is available to order. I know personally I had issues getting my wireless pad and the hub for my Model 3 late last year but I'm hoping they're figured out their shipping problems.

The hub for the Model Y is supposed to ship "May 2020"... We shall see! I find it a bit hard to believe it's a different fit than the Model 3 but I'll compare it when it arrives.

Not a different fit, but the model 3 has two usb A ports which the Jeda hub plugs into.
The model Y has 1 usb C and 1 usb A. So they had to make a different one for the 3.
- I wonder if the new USB Type-C is the only one that can be used for Audio and for the TeslaCam video,
or if the USB-2 can still be used for Audio and for the TeslaCam video?

- To power the wireless charger coils, I would recommend using the Auxiliary 12 V plug and an USB adapter,
to get the real Qi fast charging capability.

- In the case of my Model 3, using the Ampere App with my Samsung Galaxy smartphone,
I charge around 300 to 500 mA with the USB-2 plug and 1.4 to 1.7 A when using the 12 v Auxiliary plug.

I would be interested if any Model Y owner could clarify and confirm the above mentioned points.

- I wonder if the new USB Type-C is the only one that can be used for Audio and for the TeslaCam video,

- To power the wireless charger coils, I would recommend using the Auxiliary 12 V plug and an USB adapter,

- In the case of my Model 3, using the Ampere App with my Samsung Galaxy smartphone,
I charge around 300 to 500 mA with the USB-2 plug and 1.4 to 1.7 A when using the 12 v Auxiliary plug.

I would be interested if any Model Y owner could clarify and confirm the above mentioned points.

Waiting on our order, the contract is being drafted... Tesla Las Vegas said they’ve got some coming so fingers crossed

The Model Y wireless charger has one USB-C connector to power both sides of the Qi charger. The USB-A is for audio and Teslacam video/etc. I'm sure both USB-C and USB-A sides can be used for charging and data but if you plan on using the Tesla supplied Qi charger than that needs USB-C. Hence the Jeda or TapTes USB hubs will be quite useful

The built in wireless charger plugs into the USB C, and it does fast wireless charging. I tested it yesterday and was getting 1800 MAH with it on my pixel 4 xl. No need to plug into a 12 V.

I see on the Jeda website that it now says "Compatible with Model 3’s made after June 2020!"

This makes me sad, since mine was delivered June 23. I think that means that, whenever the hub actually becomes available it might not fit my car. Sigh. Guess I'll ask for a refund.

I see on the Jeda website that it now says "Compatible with Model 3’s made after June 2020!"

This makes me sad, since mine was delivered June 23. I think that means that, whenever the hub actually becomes available it might not fit my car. Sigh. Guess I'll ask for a refund.
?, do you have a Model 3 or Y? Model 3 and Y are now the same with USB C outlet. If yours is a Model 3 built in June, it should have USB C and the Jeda will work.

?, do you have a Model 3 or Y? Model 3 and Y are now the same with USB C outlet. If yours is a Model 3 built in June, it should have USB C and the Jeda will work.

Oh, geez, I totally misread that! I missed that it said Model 3's built after that point. I didn't even notice that was a 3, not a Y. Might have helped if they said "ALSO fits Model 3's built after June".

Never mind!

Reactions: Klau2
I have been so underwhelmed by Jeda's poor customer service and deilvery. They've made several promises over the last month to deliver the products I've paid for, but I have still not received anything. I am new to Tesla and I guess this is what Jeda has been known for in the past for other products. Everyone tells me how great their products are once they eventually arrive, but their customer service is amateur hour.

Reactions: kayak1
I have been so underwhelmed by Jeda's poor customer service and delivery. They've made several promises over the last month to deliver the products I've paid for, but I have still not received anything. I am new to Tesla and I guess this is what Jeda has been known for in the past for other products. Everyone tells me how great their products are once they eventually arrive, but their customer service is amateur hour.

I would have to agree. I purchased the Tesla Model Y USB Hub on 6/28 and I have yet to get a status for delivery. On top of that, they already charged my credit card.

Reactions: Johnny Vector
I ordered in May and have still not received anything other than emails telling me that "you will love it when you get it" and "it should ship next week."

Finally got an update from Jeda Support. Here is what they said.

"Model Y Hubs will begin shipping in late July. Prior to that we will send out an email with information and batch times. You should receive this email soon, with info on ETA's, shipping, and more."

• Informative
Reactions: Johnny Vector
Apparently there were some technical issues/changes that had to be made at some point as I got this email back in May...

"Please make sure we are not marked as spam so you can receive it. We're hoping to have it out by by this Saturday, Sunday or early next Monday at the very latest."

Then on June 22nd I got an email that included this,

"We don't want to provide ETA"s and miss the mark, as we've already done that. We will be finalizing the last few tests we need to complete this week, and then will be able to provide concrete ETA's in our next email.

We are offering cancellations, and are happy to cancel should you not want to wait. You are welcome to reorder when our ship dates are finalized in our next email. We know that any product made for this purpose for the Model Y and new Model 3 will require the same vigilent testing (since the internal eletronics are vastly different), and we feel confident we are the only ones that will be able to provide a safe, tested, and proven USB Hub in the upcoming month. "

I honestly am not upset or mad at them, they are working through issues, things happen, they have been pretty transparent on things... Would like an update of course one when they think they will ship, but I am guessing probably August is best case scenario right now for me.

Now what I wish they would do is offer a bit of partial refund for all the delays for those that did pre-order and ALREADY paid based on the expectation we were supposed to get it in May... seems only right to offer some kind of compensation.

Reactions: IdaBish
I received the V3 wireless pad last week and just got around to installing it today (had to get USB splitters from Amazon while I wait for the Jeda hub to be delivered at a later date).

My iPhone is too old to use wireless charging so will have to test it with my wife's phone at some point, but it looks like my Airpods can now charge in the "horizontal" section of the pad which is nice.

I've actually found Jeda to be super responsive overall to questions I've had. They even applied a promotion/credit to the hub when a discount/promotion became available almost a month after I pre-ordered it when it first went live, mind you that means I gave them money on March 26.

For everyone getting antsy, just remember that our cars are so new that 3rd party vendors need time to adapt their products accordingly. The inclusion of USB-C ports threw everyone for a loop and caused a lot of re-engineering/testing which takes time. I'm excited to get the hub so I can have some organization in the console and a hidey-hole for my SSD but I'm not going on a witch hunt demanding my hub I ordered months ago. Jeda has been sending email updates to customers so they haven't been completely silent on the issue. They know drivers want their products and they wish they could have them in our hands yesterday.

I received the V3 wireless pad last week and just got around to installing it today (had to get USB splitters from Amazon while I wait for the Jeda hub to be delivered at a later date).

My iPhone is too old to use wireless charging so will have to test it with my wife's phone at some point, but it looks like my Airpods can now charge in the "horizontal" section of the pad which is nice.

I've actually found Jeda to be super responsive overall to questions I've had. They even applied a promotion/credit to the hub when a discount/promotion became available almost a month after I pre-ordered it when it first went live, mind you that means I gave them money on March 26.

For everyone getting antsy, just remember that our cars are so new that 3rd party vendors need time to adapt their products accordingly. The inclusion of USB-C ports threw everyone for a loop and caused a lot of re-engineering/testing which takes time. I'm excited to get the hub so I can have some organization in the console and a hidey-hole for my SSD but I'm not going on a witch hunt demanding my hub I ordered months ago. Jeda has been sending email updates to customers so they haven't been completely silent on the issue. They know drivers want their products and they wish they could have them in our hands yesterday.

yep, same experience.
They said they’re shipping in late July.