Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As for being an apologist, I had a talk with my 15 year old son today about this thread. If no one speaks up when people are being toxic, then the bullies win and nowhere is safe. It matters that we strive for kindness and patience in all things, especially now. Unfortunately, anger seems more infectious than COVID. My wife says it's pointless to try.

But I like this community. As my son said, "you can't let the Karens win"

Wow, it's clear social media brings out the worst in people.

You're entitled to your opinion, but not your own reality. The law, business ethics and veracity are on my side.

Sorry, that's not going to wash. You're self justifying a classless act of bullying by saying you're doing it for us? And you invoked the "she started it" excuse? Seriously?

For some reason you've embarked on a public vendetta against this little company. Any adult reading this thread is aware that the company is having difficulty bringing this product to market, and there are a bunch of reasons this may be so. Certainly Tesla changing the electronics for this in the Y vs the 3 made a redesign necessary if one wants something better engineered than a simple pass through device. Jeda working with Munro and Assoc is doing it the right way. For a tiny company redesigning a product, arranging manufacturing, shipping and distribution across oceans in the middle of a pandemic is fraught with potential delays. Publicly harassing the owner's daughter is a classless bully act and, as has been noted by others, was done in a cruel manner.

Every adult reading this thread would agree, communications should have been better, funding the project could have been done differently. But it is what it is, no customer lost a penny. Buyers have two options, wait it out for a well engineered product or get a refund. No reason for the little vendetta. Behavior like yours can put a small company who sells niche products in small numbers in a niche market to go out of business. Is that your goal? The net effect for the rest of us would be fewer choices and options available to us. Thanks a bunch.

You may have the law on your side, along with your self entitlement. Like other keyboard bullies you lack empathy. You're not making Jeda look bad, you're making yourself look bad.

You're describing the situation as of today. "Buyers have two options, wait it out for a well engineered product or get a refund.". That's only true because of the complaining that we've done. They were ignoring refund request emails for over a month. The wake up call they received from this thread is why they are doing refunds now.

Last edited:
You're describing the situation as of today. "Buyers have two options, wait it out for a well engineered product or get a refund.". That's only true because of the complaining that we've done. They were ignoring refund request emails for over a month. The wake up call they received from this thread is why they are doing refunds now.
I'm amazed that my posts are described "bullying" to a few here. I guess some people will just wait and hope and never question unethical business practices. SMH.

Reactions: yaya33
To anyone in here to think that Jeda couldn't possibly screw over their customers and everyone here is just freaking out, I'd like to refer you to the case of Unicorn Scooters. The co-founder of Tile ($104MM Funding to-date) started a scooter company and started accepting pre-orders for the scooter. In the end, he spent all the money he got on pre-orders on marketing and he didn't have any money left over to produce the product that his customers had ordered. He robbed every customer that supported him and shut down the company without a refund.

If you're teaching your teenage son that everyone can be trusted on the internet because "they are a small business and everyone on the internet are Karen's", you're doing him a huge disservice. You should be weary of a company that does not have a good track record with customer service. If you actually showed this whole thread to your son and all he got out of it was "what a bunch of Karen's", he's in for a rough future. The world is not a fair place.

To anyone in here to think that Jeda couldn't possibly screw over their customers and everyone here is just freaking out, I'd like to refer you to the case of Unicorn Scooters. The co-founder of Tile ($104MM Funding to-date) started a scooter company and started accepting pre-orders for the scooter. In the end, he spent all the money he got on pre-orders on marketing and he didn't have any money left over to produce the product that his customers had ordered. He robbed every customer that supported him and shut down the company without a refund.

If you're teaching your teenage son that everyone can be trusted on the internet because "they are a small business and everyone on the internet are Karen's", you're doing him a huge disservice. You should be weary of a company that does not have a good track record with customer service. If you actually showed this whole thread to your son and all he got out of it was "what a bunch of Karen's", he's in for a rough future. The world is not a fair place.

I tend to agree...

PT Barnum: There's a sucker is born every minute.

If you got a refund and reorder when they are actually shipping, good for you.

If you paid and decide to wait and hope and get nothing, refer to PT Barnum quote.

If you paid and decide to wait and hope and get nothing, refer to PT Barnum quote.

Meh, it's under $100, chump change for anyone who can afford one of these cars, I wouldn't be upset at all if it never comes to pass and I lost my money, worth the risk to me for the opportunity to get a well engineered product (eventually). OTOH, the people here who are getting all razzed up about it haven't lost a single penny and they're acting like it's a big deal. Takes all kinds.

Reactions: tomagucci
I think there's some room between "Jeda would never screw us" and "Jeda's a bunch of unethical, lying, cheats". The truth is always in the middle. In my opinion, their emails seem genuine and others in the community seem impressed with their past products & service. This is enough for me to give them the benefit of the doubt. You can of course disagree.

rxlawdude ... in my opinion, your letter was cruel. I read it to a few friends, and every one of them winced at a few different parts. It's the tone and the repetition and the outright name calling. Yes, it's harassment. Yes, it's bullying. Not legally, but emotionally.

You and others may feel that such strength was necessary to get Jeda to honor refunds. I personally think you could have gotten the same result in a kinder way. But it's not my job to change your behavior, though it is my right to ask that you do not speak on my behalf. When you wrote "Tesla owners" and mentioned this forum, you were including me. Speak for yourself and I will do the same.

Anyway, I'm done here as well. "vexatious to the spirit"

Meanwhile, staying on-topic, for those of us who have NOT cancelled:

----------

Firstly, we want to start by saying thank you again! We promised another update again today, and it's here. As of now, there is only one change in the schedule, and that is a good change as shipments for the first batch below are beginning a day ahead of schedule.

One of the containers has been released, and our team has gotten to work on it already which is why the first batch in this email is expected to begin tomorrow. It will take a few days to get all the orders in the first batch out, but many of you can expect a tracking number in the coming few days. We anticipate the first batch will be completed by the 28th/30th.

Here's where shipments stand:
Order numbers (note: these are not chronological, our system skips numbers)

ON SCHEDULE: 160000-171980 - the cargo for these will be arriving within 1-2 days, and will take our team 4-5 days to inventory, quality check, and package for you.
➡️ Changes: Shipments begin a day earlier on November 24th

STILL PENDING: 171980-180600 - the cargo for these will be arriving in approximately a few days and will take our team 4-5 days to inventory, quality check, and package for you. ETA: shipments begin earliest December 2nd, latest December 7th.
➡️ Changes: No changes to report, we expect this to remain the same. We will send an email if there are any changes to report.

Thank you again for your patience during this insanely crazy year, and period. We hope you love it. Please see below for installation information. We will send another email specifically with instructions in coming days.

----------

Firstly, we want to start by saying thank you again! We promised another update again today, and it's here. As of now, there is only one change in the schedule, and that is a good change as shipments for the first batch below are beginning a day ahead of schedule.

One of the containers has been released, and our team has gotten to work on it already which is why the first batch in this email is expected to begin tomorrow. It will take a few days to get all the orders in the first batch out, but many of you can expect a tracking number in the coming few days. We anticipate the first batch will be completed by the 28th/30th.

ON SCHEDULE: 160000-171980 - the cargo for these will be arriving within 1-2 days, and will take our team 4-5 days to inventory, quality check, and package for you.

STILL PENDING: 171980-180600 - the cargo for these will be arriving in approximately a few days and will take our team 4-5 days to inventory, quality check, and package for you. ETA: shipments begin earliest December 2nd, latest December 7th.
➡️ Changes: No changes to report, we expect this to remain the same. We will send an email if there are any changes to report.

Thank you again for your patience during this insanely crazy year, and period. We hope you love it. Please see below for installation information. We will send another email specifically with instructions in coming days.
See they are capable of sending proper updates and realistic expectations (hopefully). If they did that 6 months ago then this thread would likely not exist. I truly hope they come through and deliver a great product. I will wait to see some real feedback and reorder

----------

How is this update any different than the others they've provided?

I’m trying to remain civil again in this discourse, and not weighing in much as I got my refund last week.

It bears repeating for some of these newcomers to the thread that there were many of us who have/had been waiting on this hub since March when pre-orders first went live and these hubs were promised by May originally.

If you look back at my early posts in this thread, I was very candid that I was giving Jeda the benefit of the doubt. But HOW Jeda communicated (or failed to) what was actually happening with these hubs and, on multiple occasions, telling us they were “shipping” when in fact they were not, is a terrible business practice.

Not only that, but their website shipping information for these hubs never would give a prospective buyer true insight into when they would receive their item, so they continued to take money from customers not knowing when they would be able to fulfill orders.

This all could have been avoided if, months ago, they had sent an email similar to the “We’re sorry” communication that went out the other week. If they had been willing to have honest communication about these products (and our money) early in the summer, this thread would look very different.

I was not getting any response via email for weeks from them and I had to resort to Tweeting/DMing on Twitter. What does that say about a company that posts their email address asking for feedback and questions, only to actually get a response from social media when suddenly the whole world can see their frustrated customers?

In many ways, this had to escalate (I don’t condone cyber bullying at all and I’d really like to know the extent of the supposed harassment that was referred to) on social media because none us knew what happened to our money.

Reactions: rxlawdude
From the latest update, note how they have the gall to say they are shipping a day ahead of schedule:

_____

I went back to one of their previous emails and here was the original "schedule" for shipping:

160000-172000 = Ship between 11/11-11/16
172000 - 179000 = Ship between 11/19-11/27 (no shipments on Thanksgiving)
179000 - 180000 = Ship between 11/28 - 12/1

So wouldn't that be 13 days BEHIND schedule? I'm In the "still pending" group and have not requested a refund yet, but it takes balls to say they are shipping a day ahead of schedule.

I've been following this thread for a while since I'm really interested in ordering a Jeda HUB for my MY but obviously, I've been hesitant since so many of you have been waiting for so long. I contacted Jeda through Twitter yesterday, and their response was sincere and genuine. They mentioned that the mid-December date for all new orders is as honest as possible. They admitted to making a ton of mistakes and now they're paying the price for that. They mentioned that their backlog of orders should be completed in the next week in a half and by mid-December, the HUB will move to in "stock", shipping in 24 hours.

Looks like some buyers are starting to see tracking numbers. Please keep us posted if you start receiving your units. I know I'm very thankful for your patience and for keeping us in the loop. It's extremely helpful for all of the new Tesla owners like myself.