Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my shipment confirmation, it's due to arrive on 1/10

Order was placed on 12/6
Congrats! My order was placed on 25 November, and only received an email indicating my order had been delayed due to an employee developing COVID-19 (thought this was a two person operation, anyway).

They also said my order would be shipped by the end of the first week of January; unfortunately, I have not been notified by Jeda, UPS or USPS of the shipment.

Ordered July with an anticipated September shipment. Hub arrived today. I didn't get an email with a tracking number, however I emailed them asking for a tracking number a few days ago, and they sent the tracking info to me. Hub works great. A little hard to get in, but it's not due to the spacing of the USB ports or anything. It's just due to the tight tolerances between the unit and the car. Probably better to have the tight tolerance than to have a unit that doesn't "disappear" so easily. It's too bad that there were so many delays and such bad communication. Based on the quality of the end product, I'd love to buy more from Jeda. I, however, will probably not buy from them anymore. At least not for a few years to see if they get their business together.

Jeda Hub Closed.png
Jeda Hub Open.png

I got an email from them with UPS tracking number too - they haven’t shipped yet, but they’ve printed the label - but I only ordered on 12/4 so I’m considering myself lucky.

That said, my RPM hub is in so snugly, and was such a struggle to get plugged in, that I’m not really interested in swapping it for the Jeda, even if it will gain me a USB-A port. I’ll probably see if my neighbor wants it for his M3, otherwise I’ll try to sell it.

Color me stupid.. I finally got my Jeda Hub. Build Quality looks good.. However got their Wireless charge pad as well. WTF? It comes with 2 USB-A connections. So the hub the provides power to stock Model Y Charger Pad.. So Jeda builds a Wireless pad that doesn't use USB-C??

I am so confused... So New Hub makes you have more ports, but their wireless pad just turns around and uses them up? What am I missing?

Color me stupid.. I finally got my Jeda Hub. Build Quality looks good.. However got their Wireless charge pad as well. WTF? It comes with 2 USB-A connections. So the hub the provides power to stock Model Y Charger Pad.. So Jeda builds a Wireless pad that doesn't use USB-C??

I am so confused... So New Hub makes you have more ports, but their wireless pad just turns around and uses them up? What am I missing?
The hub has (Input)
one USB A
one USB C

On the Output side it has:
Three USB A (on the face)
One USB A (hidden compartment)
Two USB C (on the face)

So after you use two USB A’s to power the charging pad, you should still have two more USB A’s and two USB C’s available for use.

Reactions: psuKinger
The hub has (Input)
one USB A
one USB C

On the Output side it has:
Three USB A (on the face)
One USB A (hidden compartment)
Two USB C (on the face)

So after you use two USB A’s to power the charging pad, you should still have two more USB A’s and two USB C’s available for use.
With the OEM charging pad you only need to use one output - I plug it into one of the USB-C ports and it powers both sides of the charging pad.

Reactions: laservet
With the OEM charging pad you only need to use one output - I plug it into one of the USB-C ports and it powers both sides of the charging pad.
That is correct. The OEM pad also did not work as well for me. It did not charge my iPhone 12Max Pro in it’s case very well (only worked occasionally) , which the Jeda pad does perfectly (every time). I can only assume the additional power is a part of why the replacement piece works better.

Just got my Jeda hub and installed it. As I have no need for a SSD in there due to having the USB in the glove box, I put my Amazon Echo Auto in there instead. Fits perfect and heard me through the cover and the Tesla wireless charger. Only issue was that the supplied amazon cord was too long and bulky. I solved that by going into my junk drawer and grabbing a short, thin portable battery charging cord I had laying around. That fit, powers up and is all inside the covered area made for the SSD. I am very pleased to finally get it.

• Informative
Reactions: gunthermic