Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

Stakis

Apr 2, 2018
Toronto
Finally after all this time I got my hub... went to put my SSD drive into it... Doesn't fit... my drive is too big.. UGGGHHH talk about a massive let down. Either way I can just plug it on one of the external ports, but was looking forward to having it tucked inside.. What drives does everyone out there use? maybe I'll just take the plunge and get a new one that fits.

seniorcitizen

Oct 9, 2020
Maple Grove
Finally after all this time I got my hub... went to put my SSD drive into it... Doesn't fit... my drive is too big.. UGGGHHH talk about a massive let down. Either way I can just plug it on one of the external ports, but was looking forward to having it tucked inside.. What drives does everyone out there use? maybe I'll just take the plunge and get a new one that fits.
I am sorry to hear that your drive does not fit. You will be better off using ultra sdcard and a card reader. Sd cards can be very high performance. They can also handle much colder and warmer temperatures as compared with a drive. I got 400 gb card and a reader. I think it was a San disk

Reactions: rxlawdude

fishhawk

Oct 15, 2020
Central Texas
I'm using a Samsung T7 500GB SSD.

Reactions: saltsman

laservet

Mar 9, 2020
Williamsburg, Virginia

I bought a 1 tb SD card. Needed a short usb cable because the card reader I used was a bit large.

Counting321

Sep 13, 2020
Laval, QC, Canada
I received my hub finally, and now that my Samsung T7 is set up the way I want, I’m ready to stick it in the hidden compartment. But...the cable is just too long! I can’t figure out how to connect the drive and not have the cable loop and push the door open. Am I the only one who has this issue?

jeffbco

Jun 7, 2020
Austin, TX
I received my hub finally, and now that my Samsung T7 is set up the way I want, I’m ready to stick it in the hidden compartment. But...the cable is just too long! I can’t figure out how to connect the drive and not have the cable loop and push the door open. Am I the only one who has this issue?
So your cable doesn't look like the picture shown here? It appear it shouldn't be causing problems. Maybe Jeda can send you a shorter cable.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 5.24.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 5.24.02 PM.png
    366.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Srad600Volt

Sep 28, 2020
Southern California
Same setup, no issues at all. Is your drive oriented the correct way? *edit* nevermind, I don't even see how it could be.

Last edited:

Counting321

Sep 13, 2020
Laval, QC, Canada
So your cable doesn't look like the picture shown here? It appear it shouldn't be causing problems. Maybe Jeda can send you a shorter cable.

My cable seems like it’s about 50% longer than the one in the photos...just enough longer to be a problem. But by kinking it a bit, I was able to get it work. If the kink in the cable causes me issues, I’m guessing that I could replace the cable either through Jeda or through Amazon.

Reactions: gunthermic

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC