Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TL;DR version - per their last update, I suggest you contact Jeda to specify a shipping vendor if possible.

Just got my shipping notice for the wireless pad portion of my bundle order, after I had requested they separately ship. It's being sent "DHL SM Parcel Plus Expedited" and was picked up last week on the 27th, but similar to UPS Mail Innovations and Fedex SmartPost, the package gets transferred to the USPS for most of the journey and is taking forever to get to me.

I can't stand it when companies ship using these hybrid shipping services. Either ship entirely USPS priority mail or entirely Fedex/UPS. In my experience, packages sent using these hybrid methods tend to take twice as long and/or get lost far more often. :mad:

TIt's being sent "DHL SM Parcel Plus Expedited" and was picked up last week on the 27th, but similar to UPS Mail Innovations and Fedex SmartPost, the package gets transferred to the USPS for most of the journey and is taking forever to get to me. :mad:
Like a critical server part in the 1990s for a hospital system that was shipped with Airborne Express (now absorbed into DHL) for next day delivery that was delivered four days later (too late, another package shipped by a competent carrier arrived before that).

I called "Airborne Express" "Stillborn Express" from that day forward. :mad:

I wrote them and they answered a few days later. Jeda advised of the production schedule for the hub. I told them I wouldn't mind waiting but what I did mind was my credit card being charged and that they are not operating a kickstarter.... I asked when the product will ship and customer service told me September. I guess I'll let it ride -- I paid with Amex and this ebad boys will issue a chargeback immediately when I desire. This is why I don't play with Visa - Master or discover...

The fact that they charge your card right away when you pre-order, combined with their pushing sales via coupon codes and social media "advertising" on twitter indicates that they're likely financing their order backlog with cashflow from current orders. Not a good sign for long-term business success.

Reactions: rxlawdude
The fact that they charge your card right away when you pre-order, combined with their pushing sales via coupon codes and social media "advertising" on twitter indicates that they're likely financing their order backlog with cashflow from current orders. Not a good sign for long-term business success.

I agree with your theory. RPM Tesla is also the same way.

You purchase parts which get charged to your credit card automatically and you wait for your parts to ship months on end. Ordered $1000+ of parts and still waiting for them to ship.

I was annoyed with Jeda not providing any update after 2 months of order for the USB Hub but already wrote that off. Out of site out of mind.

Everything just take forever I am not sure what is going on I got a FedEx tracking number said 3rd then the 4th now just pending. It has moved but I ship stuff all the time is it just a coming out of California thing. My RPM order takes 2 weeks before it is even shipped and they ship the items one at a time what gives.

Everything just take forever I am not sure what is going on I got a FedEx tracking number said 3rd then the 4th now just pending. It has moved but I ship stuff all the time is it just a coming out of California thing. My RPM order takes 2 weeks before it is even shipped and they ship the items one at a time what gives.

I saw a tracking number for my Jeda V3 pad ~2 weeks before it was delivered. Their shipping is a slow hybrid-anomaly. Mine sat at a FedEx distro center for days before being handed over to USPS who ultimately delivered to me.

I received an email on 8/6 saying.....
YOUR ORDER IS SHIPPING!
0bb961e0-27cf-4079-ac58-049dab8bc240.gif

"Hey there!

We're sending out a quick note and let you know your order, which features a JEDA USB HUB V2 (our most upgraded hub) is gearing up for shipment. Our team has been adding all cables, accessories, and boxes to them and shrink wrapping them for you. We're now packaging each individual order! Shipments are beginning today, and will continue next week.

You'll receive an automated email with information containing your tracking number, so be sure to check on it regularly! It will appear in your inbox as "Note added: Order XXXXXX."

For domestic orders, your order will likely ship out via FedEx. For international orders, you can expect shipment most likely with DHL. If you would prefer we change or specify a courier, please don't hesitate to let us know before your order ships out!"

Crickets since then.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung

I agree with your theory. RPM Tesla is also the same way.

You purchase parts which get charged to your credit card automatically and you wait for your parts to ship months on end. Ordered $1000+ of parts and still waiting for them to ship.

I was annoyed with Jeda not providing any update after 2 months of order for the USB Hub but already wrote that off. Out of site out of mind.

It’s especially annoying when ordering from Canada and get hit with a currency conversion penalty when you choose to cancel and get a refund due to shipping taking way longer than advertised.

Reactions: NaiWiste