Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
E-mail today saying shipping to begin in 2 weeks.

A few notes:

• Production will be wrapping up in about a week and a half. Shipments will begin in two weeks.
  • Since we are a bit backlogged, these will be going out in batches on a weekly basis. We know you've been waiting for you hub, and we appreciate you allowing our team to get everything packed up and ready for you!
  • Shipments within the U.S tend to head out via FedEx, UPS, or USPS. Shipments to international countries tend to go out via DHL or UPS. If you have a preferred courier, please let us know.
  • If any address changes are required, please let us know as soon as possible. Once a package ships out, we can do little to stop it.
  • You will receive one more email from us when your order is about to ship and another with tracking details from our system.

A few notes:

• Production will be wrapping up in about a week and a half. Shipments will begin in two weeks.
  • Since we are a bit backlogged, these will be going out in batches on a weekly basis. We know you've been waiting for you hub, and we appreciate you allowing our team to get everything packed up and ready for you!
  • Shipments within the U.S tend to head out via FedEx, UPS, or USPS. Shipments to international countries tend to go out via DHL or UPS. If you have a preferred courier, please let us know.
  • If any address changes are required, please let us know as soon as possible. Once a package ships out, we can do little to stop it.
  • You will receive one more email from us when your order is about to ship and another with tracking details from our system.

Yep just got this e-mail too... very excited to (finally) take delivery on this near-term. Will be an excellent addition to my MY!!

A few notes:

Fred- hope Ethel is doing nicely... I received the email also. Exciting that the thing may actually show - I'll believe it when I see it. Here's my problem and you are a bunch of smart people so please tell me Im wrong... Production (buildout) is wrapping in 1.5 weeks - which means x units will be complete. Apparently this is 'Big Bang' meaning - the devices ALL miraculously all complete simultaneously (hmm). Ok so I'll believe them and all devices finish in Big Bang fashion (in China). Do you know how long it takes for that stuff to get here - when production is 'wrapping up' in 1.5 weeks? So -- if in fact 'production is finishing in 1.5 weeks - there is no way we will have these for at least 4-6 weeks from now. OR - perhaps - production has in fact finished weeks ago and they are on their way over from China. OR - are they putting them together here? If so - there is no 'Big Bang' readiness of 'all' of the hubs and surely they could ship as they build. In any scenario - I don't trust them - nor the dates they provide as they contradict and make no sense. There ar production delays - fine - they are being shipped overseas - fine - I can't wait for them to say 'the stuff is stuck in customs' because that's next and will blow up their statements. Yes im bitter. Ive decide dto keep my order because im going to test in and hopefully tell everyone how good it is -- or... be honest.

A shipping container on “fast” boat takes 17 days from China to Los Angeles. A regular speed boat takes 21 days. This assumes they ship an entire 20 or 40 foot container and not ship via loose cargo. Usually customs is cleared well before the boat arrives. Just from my experiences.

A shipping container on “fast” boat takes 17 days from China to Los Angeles. A regular speed boat takes 21 days. This assumes they ship an entire 20 or 40 foot container and not ship via loose cargo. Usually customs is cleared well before the boat arrives. Just from my experiences.
Or they could batch it with other shipping containers to save on shipping and they then are filled inbetween shipments as a "last space" filler to get cheaper/free shipping. In that case you are looking at 2-3 weeks before it ships.......

• Disagree
Reactions: Kofther and garu
Fred- hope Ethel is doing nicely... I received the email also. Exciting that the thing may actually show - I'll believe it when I see it. Here's my problem and you are a bunch of smart people so please tell me Im wrong... Production (buildout) is wrapping in 1.5 weeks - which means x units will be complete. Apparently this is 'Big Bang' meaning - the devices ALL miraculously all complete simultaneously (hmm). Ok so I'll believe them and all devices finish in Big Bang fashion (in China). Do you know how long it takes for that stuff to get here - when production is 'wrapping up' in 1.5 weeks? So -- if in fact 'production is finishing in 1.5 weeks - there is no way we will have these for at least 4-6 weeks from now. OR - perhaps - production has in fact finished weeks ago and they are on their way over from China. OR - are they putting them together here? If so - there is no 'Big Bang' readiness of 'all' of the hubs and surely they could ship as they build. In any scenario - I don't trust them - nor the dates they provide as they contradict and make no sense. There ar production delays - fine - they are being shipped overseas - fine - I can't wait for them to say 'the stuff is stuck in customs' because that's next and will blow up their statements. Yes im bitter. Ive decide dto keep my order because im going to test in and hopefully tell everyone how good it is -- or... be honest.
I mean, if people have been waiting a while and you send an email like this, they do themselves no favors by not accurately estimating the delivery time. If they told me they are wrapping up production and will ship items in a month, I'd have been just as happy.

Tired of being jerked around by these guys. When a deadline expires they simply set a new deadline I don't mine waiting for a product but when my CC is charged the day I place an order and they do not ship as advertised I feel scammed. I preordered for early Sept delivery and now mid Oct and nothing, If I wanted this kind of service I would look on kickstarter. Will be filing claim with CC tomorrow if no tracking number received.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Yah.. they can jerk people around because there really isn’t any competition...
Well, with the new announcement of the refresh, I don't know how much longer they can sell their chargers. Same with the hubs. The new charger on the 3, and I assume for the Y also won't be removable anymore. The usb ports are going to be inside the glove compartment. Looks like their charger business will be gone, and hub will depend on the usb port will be like inside the glove compartment. My guess is a lot less people will be buying them in the future.

yes - Tesla has layed down the apple like gauntlet to these clowns. Goodbye 30 pin connector - industry wipe out overnight. Im happy these people - who obviously can't run a business - will be dissolved in all probability. Mid October - no hub - but I do trust that they are 1) assembling 2) packaging 3) testing after they package which requires unboxing 4) oops have to redesign after we found it blows up in testing - 5) repackage after re engineering 6) spring has sprung - no hub. 7) bankruptcy.

Get your money back!

Reactions: Raiders
I’m fine waiting since it’s not a pressing need for me to have a hub. I preordered back in March, IIRC, and despite the long wait I’m still looking forward to the hub. I also preordered my MY in March 2019 Day 1 so I’m used to waiting. Everyone I know that has a Jed’s hub in their Model 3 swears by it. I’ll wait for a better product.

Add me to the list of satisfied Model 3 owners. It took a while to get the hub, but when it came it was the redesigned piece. Installed easily, quality was high and the wireless charger works very well.

Reactions: mcorf