Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For what it's worth, Taptes new version with USB C is scheduled for shipping Nov 4 on Amazon. I assume that will be pretty accurate date sine Amazon is handling the shipping and easy return through Amazon. I might give that a try since it's half the price and easily free return to Amazon if I don't like it.

https://www.amazon.com/TAPTES-Dashc...48-6643-4f8e-a32d-e2b19caf191b&pd_rd_wg=qaIkd
I bought one. The reviews are not great - but they are accurate. It's incredibly difficult to install it. Once I did install it, the magnetic cover falls on any mildly "fun" acceleration. I'm keeping it because it works, but I definitely expected more.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I received a shipping notification and a tracking number, but it hasn’t moved yet. I think I recall from the launch of the original hub that they generate tracking numbers all week and then a whole bunch go out on one day. Definitely with the Model 3 hub I sat with a tracking number for several days before it started moving.

Reactions: xtnvieira
I ordered mine in May and haven't heard anything at all. I've emailed them a few times, but get zero response. Has anyone up in here who is not a social influencer or blogger actually received this product form Jeda? I haven't heard anything....

When an electronic device release is delayed, yes... I'm disappointed having to wait longer... BUT I'm happy because it means SOMETHING didn't go according to plan. Sure it could be something simple - but if it's related to quality control or a bug comes to light, best to wait and get a quality product. As for the lack of communication with customers, I can't defend that. It would be better to communicate the delay in availability vs. leaving people in the dark and speculating. For a small company like Jeda, I bet there was a fear people would cancel. And with the updated 3 (and eventual Y) console, their entire product line becomes obsolete. They're in a tough position.

When an electronic device release is delayed, yes... I'm disappointed having to wait longer... BUT I'm happy because it means SOMETHING didn't go according to plan. Sure it could be something simple - but if it's related to quality control or a bug comes to light, best to wait and get a quality product. As for the lack of communication with customers, I can't defend that. It would be better to communicate the delay in availability vs. leaving people in the dark and speculating. For a small company like Jeda, I bet there was a fear people would cancel. And with the updated 3 (and eventual Y) console, their entire product line becomes obsolete. They're in a tough position.

Let’s be realistic here. It’s a plastic box with a USB hub in it Not a NASA super computer. No reason this should take this long or have so many excuses.

Reactions: steve841
Let’s be realistic here. It’s a plastic box with a USB hub in it Not a NASA super computer. No reason this should take this long or have so many excuses.

I ordered a pair of AirPod clones from a company in China in January. They came in August. I'm not excusing Jeda for their delays, but if they were waiting on parts from China (not sure if they were or not), then the delay may very well have been out of their hands due to COVID.