Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a pair of AirPod clones from a company in China in January. They came in August. I'm not excusing Jeda for their delays, but if they were waiting on parts from China (not sure if they were or not), then the delay may very well have been out of their hands due to COVID.

I'm just one phone call away from raising this as a Class Action Lawsuit. I know a few lawyers that would love to eat this case up.

Class Action Lawyers — Schubert Jonckheer & Kolbe

• Disagree
Reactions: Klau2
I wrote them today after they sent me yet again another sales advertisement. I told them that's all well and good that they sent the hub to you tubers and influencers for reviews - but - they are getting a very bad reputation among Tesla owners on the forums. I asked them when they plan on delivering the hub I purchased in July and told it would be here in September. They are a dysfunctional company. If there were covid shortages - fine - say that. don't give people the run around that they are testing - boxing - unwrapping - testing again - boxing - then putting it in a box and shipping it via a number of carriers and of unknown time - in priority order - then testing again. As a consumer - when you buy something - you want it in timely fashion. Doesn't matter what it is - right? Could be a pair of socks - I don't care. I get pissed when I pay Amazon for prime and they send me goofy messages when packages are late - because their delivery service is dysfunctional - ok - I pay you for prime - deliver! Do I die if I don't get it? no BUT I PAID YOU. Jeda has my cash - I don't like their lies. I challenged you guys on this thread to let us know when you actually got your hub and how it was? I haven't seen any posts. I question if they are even delivering. In the end - meaningless banter - but we all will think twice in doing business with them ever again. Lets face it - with the new Tesla design they will be going out of business anyway eventually... Rant over.

I'm done with purchasing Jeda products. I don't care how great their next products are that they're supposedly rolling out. I bet they were not expecting a re-design of the center console and for Ring to come out with their sentry mode product. Now their customer market has disappeared and their practice of bootstrapping purchase orders with new sales is coming crashing down. I just hope I get my hub before they have to close up.

@ryanjm Time to find a new sponsor for the podcast. These guys are rapidly burning all their bridges with TMC members with their lies and shady practices. If you have any contacts with these guys, you may want to suggest they get their act together - 11 pages of posts here is more than enough evidence and not just complainers complaining.

Reactions: michael11213
I finally threw in the towel. I ordered the hub early June. Yes I received all of the sweet responses from Jeda after making delivery inquires but alas, no hub. I canceled this past weekend. No response yet from Jeda.
Good luck - I hope you get your refund. Unfortunately, since most of us purchased more than 60 days ago, you're going to be SOL with your credit card company in filing a dispute claim if you don't get it.

I tried to resist going down this road, and for 79 bucks the travel on this road had to be less than five minutes (it was). Jeda Products Inc. appears to be a one lady show - the company is registered in Sherman Oaks with a mailing address in Encino, CA. All of this is gossip level stuff except that the company is not much of a company at all. And, at the moment is, at least/and best, failing to deliver goods after taking money on an interstate level. The product is a plastic box as some of have said, but a box which connects to ports that I'd rather not damage. So, how much credibility should the product get when the company is so opaque. And, I agree with the theory they are financing the purchase orders with current sales which gets them a bit closer to ponzi scheme status.

Reactions: rxlawdude
They're a small company for sure. Who knows what happened. Hopefully it's not because somebody is sick (or worse). Always better to under-promise and over-deliver. All they really need to do is email everyone with an outstanding order and say "we're sorry for the delay... here's what happened... this is when you can expect to see yours." I mean, easy to send a mass-email and update your webpage. Covid and incompetence aside, the likely reason for not alerting pre-pay customers to a delay is fear of cancellations/refunds, which points to $$$ problems. They make great products. I hope they can make good, but at the moment, their entire product line is not needed in 2021 vehicles (no doubt the Y will get the new console soon).

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
They're a small company for sure. Who knows what happened. Hopefully it's not because somebody is sick (or worse). Always better to under-promise and over-deliver. All they really need to do is email everyone with an outstanding order and say "we're sorry for the delay... here's what happened... this is when you can expect to see yours." I mean, easy to send a mass-email and update your webpage. Covid and incompetence aside, the likely reason for not alerting pre-pay customers to a delay is fear of cancellations/refunds, which points to $$$ problems. They make great products. I hope they can make good, but at the moment, their entire product line is not needed in 2021 vehicles (no doubt the Y will get the new console soon).

Thing is, they've already done the mass email, multiple times, with multiple excuses. I think you've hit it exactly - Jeda (who or whatever they are) now realizes that their entire product portfolio is obsolete and are now struggling with what to do. For any well-run business, this is just another challenge to overcome, but when combined with their shady business practices, it becomes a death spiral.