Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Requested a cancelation from Jeda before my 60 day dispute window ran out on my credit card. I specifically stated it was due to the delays in shipping. This is the reply I received 24 hours later:
"We are sorry to hear you would like to cancel your order. We can offer a $5 discount/refund if you decide to keep your order.

If you wouldn't mind, please share with us your reason for canceling. We work very closely with our customers, so your feedback is extremely valuable, as we’re always trying to improve.-- Jeda ⚡ Lauren H. - Jeda Support Dept. getjeda.com"

I replied NO Thank You but you guys that are in for the long haul may get a $5 discount it you threaten to cancel.

You're already upset, they just don't want more upset people. It's a shitty practice, but it happens a lot, unfortunately.

Good point. In all fairness, I actually forgot I ordered it for a while. Once I realized I emailed them earlier this week asking if they could send the charger separately and I was happy to wait my turn in line for the hub. Not sure if this pushed them to just send the full order or not. I know correlation doesn't equal causation but wanted to put that out there.

Reactions: helvio
Requested a cancelation from Jeda before my 60 day dispute window ran out on my credit card. I specifically stated it was due to the delays in shipping. This is the reply I received 24 hours later:
"We are sorry to hear you would like to cancel your order. We can offer a $5 discount/refund if you decide to keep your order.

If you wouldn't mind, please share with us your reason for canceling. We work very closely with our customers, so your feedback is extremely valuable, as we’re always trying to improve.-- Jeda ⚡ Lauren H. - Jeda Support Dept. getjeda.com"

I replied NO Thank You but you guys that are in for the long haul may get a $5 discount it you threaten to cancel.

It’s not worth the hassle for five dollars.

They responded to my Twitter DM asking what was is the status of shipping since their Oct. 14th email said shipping had started.

Their response today:
"They have begun but we are shipping 1-2x a week in small batches. This is done to ensure when we ship we don't receive mass reports of any issues with hubs. Our next shipping dates are this friday and next! We expect a larger batch to go out next week."

That must be the most stupid rationale I have ever heard. So your explanation is that you're shipping slowly because you don't know if the product you're selling will work? :confused: I thought that's what the purpose of your huge delay was - to test compatibility with the new wiring in the Y? You even claimed you were working with Sandy Munro on this. (can someone please fact check this claim?)

I could see if they were testing each unit before they ship (which they're not). They're shipping slowly to avoid complaints. :eek:o_O

Again, it's like they're deliberately trying to piss off their customers and/or have no $$ unless sales keep coming in. :mad:

This is only $100 - chill out guys. Whatever happens. My Model Y came with a long list of quality issues and I still don’t feel the car is as flawless as it should be (after 5 service center visits) and you are focusing on these guys messing around with our orders. Let’s either cancel the order or just wait. Your valuable quality time is worth more than getting annoyed by a startup messing with your order.

This is only $100 - chill out guys. Whatever happens. My Model Y came with a long list of quality issues and I still don’t feel the car is as flawless as it should be (after 5 service center visits) and you are focusing on these guys messing around with our orders. Let’s either cancel the order or just wait. Your valuable quality time is worth more than getting annoyed by a startup messing with your order.

....so I guess we've solved the mystery of who the real owner of Jeda is. LOL!!!

They responded to my Twitter DM asking what was is the status of shipping since their Oct. 14th email said shipping had started.

Their response today:
"They have begun but we are shipping 1-2x a week in small batches. This is done to ensure when we ship we don't receive mass reports of any issues with hubs. Our next shipping dates are this friday and next! We expect a larger batch to go out next week."

That must be the most stupid rationale I have ever heard. So your explanation is that you're shipping slowly because you don't know if the product you're selling will work? :confused: I thought that's what the purpose of your huge delay was - to test compatibility with the new wiring in the Y? You even claimed you were working with Sandy Munro on this. (can someone please fact check this claim?)

I could see if they were testing each unit before they ship (which they're not). They're shipping slowly to avoid complaints. :eek:o_O

Again, it's like they're deliberately trying to piss off their customers and/or have no $$ unless sales keep coming in. :mad:
its like a flipping 8 year old responds back to the messages with dumb garbage that defies business rationale. That is the most bizarre message ive ever seen from a company - infuriating.

Reactions: darrelld and zecar
....so I guess we've solved the mystery of who the real owner of Jeda is. LOL!!!

Yeah I Saved Big Bucks and bought my Tesla with it. Haha!!

TBH I got annoyed too because 1- They pretended they have the product ready to deploy while the board was not even designed 2- They killed time by sending BS E-mails that Sandy is reviewing our product and ours are better than anyone else in market 3- They keep on sending freaking Promo newsletters which is boiling our blood 4- They are not responsive. They have got our money and do not care. - What they deserve is, one of this influencer make a video and talk about such sh**ty practices - BUT - Chill out guys! Your money is in their hands. You want to file a lawsuit? Go ahead. I have more important things to do including couple of more service center appointments to adjust my panel gap and rattling noises!

so - I went to American Express to open a dispute. I noticed Jeda has an address posted in the amex dispute portal on
Ventura blvd CA - Googled it - 75 other companies use this location - probably a shipping center. Thats not why im posting. Another google entry showed the Better Business Bureau complaints. Read them - you will shake your head. Lots of interesting business practices at play with them... Lots of product not working - lots of no communication.....

Jeda Products, Inc. | Complaints | Better Business Bureau® Profile

Last edited:
so - I went to American Express to open a dispute. I noticed Jeda has an address posted in the amex dispute portal on
Ventura blvd CA - Googled it - 75 other companies use this location - probably a shipping center. Thats not why im posting. Another google entry showed the Better Business Bureau complaints. Read them - you will shake your head. Lots of interesting business practices at play with them... Lots of product not working - lots of no communication.....

Jeda Products, Inc. | Complaints | Better Business Bureau® Profile

Thanks for sharing. After getting zero response from my last five emails to them, I just filed my first ever complaint with the BBB.

Reactions: VaxAce
Good point. In all fairness, I actually forgot I ordered it for a while. Once I realized I emailed them earlier this week asking if they could send the charger separately and I was happy to wait my turn in line for the hub. Not sure if this pushed them to just send the full order or not. I know correlation doesn't equal causation but wanted to put that out there.

Is there any advantage to the Jeda charger other than landscape mode?

Is there any advantage to the Jeda charger other than landscape mode?
supposedly its a quality device that allows full charging and data on each port. Supposedly. The Chinese stuff (not that this isn't Chinese) - has some bad prior reviews regarding quality and functionality. Taptes has a very similar deign - im sure they will have a very similar design to the Jeda hub - if it ever surfaces.

Thanks for the input, I am planning a dispute with my credit card company as well.

I totally agree that Jada's behavior here is indefensible. If you want to refund you absolutely deserve one(+ interest). But I find the timing extremely confusing.

Why did put up with their nonsense for months and months and only start a CC dispute after it started to look like delivery was imminent?

You described the reason yourself, delivery has been imminent every month since March. I have written emails to customer support and thats exactly the story they give.

The response from customer support appears like a template with a +1 month added to the expected date.

The latest emails say they are shipping and I will be notified, this was 2 moths ago.

I totally agree that Jada's behavior here is indefensible. If you want to refund you absolutely deserve one(+ interest). But I find the timing extremely confusing.

Why did put up with their nonsense for months and months and only start a CC dispute after it started to look like delivery was imminent?

Reactions: Nakk