Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received this email...

Frankly we don't know how to start this, as there's been so many cataclysmic delays in processing these hubs. To add insult to injury, we've been unable to accurately foresight the challenges and delays which can and may happen when it comes to supply chains, and logistics, and having enough support to get everything shipped in a coordinated time frame. While COVID has played a massive part in all of our delays and challenges, we failed in not being able to keep up with our previously promised timeframes, and for being overly optimistic we could accomplish quite a lot, in little time.

Here's where we currently and accurately stand:

Recently, we were hit by another delay: customs and quality checks. Due to COVID, the recent presidential elections, and two federal holidays, the customs process delayed our cargo by about three weeks, which put a massive dent into our promised timeframe for deliveries.

One of the containers has been released, and our team will be getting to work on it right after it delivers to begin quality checks, and labelling the orders.

The other container will likely not release for another week, based on how things are moving.

We know many of you have been utterly frustrated at this process. It has absolutely been the most trying for us as well. Both the development aspect, and the supply-aspect was impacted directly by COVID.

Here's where shipments stand:

Order numbers (note: these are not chronological, our system skips numbers)

160000-171980 - the cargo for these will be arriving within 1-2 days, and will take our team 4-5 days to inventory, quality check, and package for you. ETA: shipments begin earliest November 25th, latest November 30th.

171980-180600 - the cargo for these will be arriving in approximately one week, and will take our team 4-5 days to inventory, quality check, and package for you. ETA: shipments begin earliest December 2nd, latest December 7th. If you fall into this category, we will be sending a new email to you by Monday November 23rd to confirm the above with you.

As always, we offer 100% cancellations and refunds for anyone who does not wish to wait for their hubs. Our current response times are 24-72 hours, but we will be working throughout the Thanksgiving holiday period to ensure delivers go smoothly and customer inquiries are responded to. We know many of you have chosen to stick with us, and we hope you

Last week, Jeda’s Twitter DM’ed me saying my hub was in queue to ship on Nov. 17 -today. Well today came and went and I tweeted at them demanding a refund and that I would be filing a FTC complaint.

They DM’ed me back saying that a manager should’ve reach out to me yesterday (they did not) and would have them follow up again. Within 1/2 an hour I had an unnecessarily long email saying something to the effect of “we’re sorry; you can have a refund or we’ll take an additional 10% off.” I took the refund and got my money back within an hour. Then the same “update” email got sent to me less than an hour later.

So yeah, escalating this issue and tweeting them about doing so seems to be making them sweat.

Got a rapid reply (identical to #381 and #382) to my cancellation and they are processing it.

If I read the product description carefully it says it can't be used for charging. Is that correct?
No it can be used for charging, at least for some items. Just have to make sure the button is pressed and lit to "turn on" that port.
For example it charges my mask:
Face Mask With RGB LED Fiber Optic Fabric
AdaFruit is the supplier that I tend to use for my arduino stuff. Much more reliable than Jeda.
I figured it I was going to have to wear a mask for the next year+, might as well get a cool one.
My first choice, the Darth Vader helmet is way too expensive. :)

I have my SSD Sentry drive, my Wireless Controller adapter (that communicates to my XBox wireless controller so I can play Beach Buggy) and occasionally the mask all plugged into it at the same time.

I had ordered the Jeda Hub to help clean up the jumble of wires but c'est la vie.

It took two or three emails but, for the second time, they did cancel my order and refund my money (showed up three business days later). Other places I've ordered from recently ran into the same, unexpected, shipping and particularly Customs delays. They were just much better about communicating it. Clearly Jeda messed up but it's not a scam and, in the end, it might be a great product. I just won't be buying one.

Reactions: psuKinger
I need to buy a hub but I would prefer to not do business with JEDA based on this thread alone. Is there a legitimate alternative to the JEDA hub?

The taptes hub looks very similar, but there are some complaints that it is too tight. I haven't used it, though, and seemingly noone has a JEDA hub to compare it to.

I have the taptes hub and would say it is a good option. It is a snug fit, but not like you are putting weight behind it to get in and doesn't ever feel like anything is going to break. To install, you want to hold it close to the back without hitting the usb ports, push it down to the bottom it out on the ledge that is below the usb ports and they should be lined up pretty well. Then slowly push it back. If it feels like you are applying too much force it probably isn't lined up correctly. Pull it out a bit and try again.

I have the taptes hub and would say it is a good option. It is a snug fit, but not like you are putting weight behind it to get in and doesn't ever feel like anything is going to break. To install, you want to hold it close to the back without hitting the usb ports, push it down to the bottom it out on the ledge that is below the usb ports and they should be lined up pretty well. Then slowly push it back. If it feels like you are applying too much force it probably isn't lined up correctly. Pull it out a bit and try again.

Excellent feedback! I'm excited to receive my Taptes hub soon.

Very helpful, thank you. How would you characterize the quality? Good enough, high quality hardware or somewhere in between? Also, I'm assessing my need for it and starting to think I may pass. The only thing I will have plugged in the center console area is a USB drive for TeslaCam/Sentry.