Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the interest of full disclosure, the daughter of the owner of Jeda wrote me to relate that her dad has been "harassed" by Tesla owners resulting from my posting publicly available information (from CA Sec of State). I'm appalled that anyone here would do anything that would seem to rise to the level of harassment. But I don't consider asking for refunds to be harassment, especially when it takes multiple attempts to get the business' attention.

My response to her:

I posted publicly available information [about Jeda's legal address and ownership] on a Tesla site in response to many complaints of owners relating stories of non-responsiveness, charging for products not shipped for (now) months, and other alleged poor business practices. I posted that information to assist Tesla owners in lawfully resolving issues with your company because several owners did not receive adequate responses in their attempts to communicate with you. I certainly never had any intent that this information would result in your dad or anyone at Jeda being harassed by your customers.

I can't control what people do with that information. But my educated guess is any "harassment" received may be related to the frustration of your customers that Jeda has not been honest with about products that have not shipped.

Again, many owners report receiving emails from Jeda claiming the product will ship the following week, followed by no communication and no product shipped. Then, another cycle of boilerplate emails is sent promising another future date and so forth. This cycle continues to be reported by multiple members of the community, and has continued to this day.

I understand your father runs a small business, and I fully support merchants who find success in niche Tesla-related items. But regardless of any personal or family matters, customers expect to receive the products they've purchased in the timeframe they were promised. Honesty matters, and I don't believe you could, with a straight face, suggest Jeda's updates have been completely honest. I also believe taking payment for products you don't even have to ship is borderline unethical.

Again, I am sorry for any loutish behavior of Tesla owners awaiting your products, but my post of publicly available information and my opinion that your business ethics are poor will stand. I won't re-post the publicly available information in that forum, but I certainly will continue helping Tesla owners trying to get what they paid for. As a former small-business owner myself, I always respected the adage "it takes years to cultivate a loyal customer, but only seconds to lose one."

Your Model Y product may indeed be awesome, but the perception of your business practices seems to be anything but.​

Thank you for this. 1000% agree with you. In my experience, people who justify unethical behavior and bad business practices are quick to complain about harrassment. Dish it out but can't take it, and all...

"We're really upset that our customers we have been scamming for 6 months have gotten angry and started contacting people on our behalf"

Well, communicate with your customers better. I also reached out to their China supplier to inform them of the scams that Jeda is running after being ignored for 2 weeks. That's not my fault, it's Jedas for not properly managing expectations.

Reactions: rxlawdude
This is the last straw for them with me. According to this new info, I'm in the first batch so they have until the end of the month. After that, I want my money back. If they don't refund me timely, I'm escalating with further BBB/FTC complaints and credit card complaints.

I got an email today advertising their 'largest sale ever' at #143 for the hub/pad combo. I emailed them asking them to honor the price since I had not received the order yet. They actually issued a refund for the difference to the original order in less than 30 minutes. Might be worth a try for others.

Good luck.

Relevant XKCD.

Not sure where the anger's coming from here. A few years ago, my family couldn't afford $80 for firewood. Now, we're able to drop $80 on GrubHub without concern. Neither time would I write an email like that to someone's daughter, especially when her dad has a past history of delivering quality products.

Two options here:

1. Ask for a refund
2. Wait it out

I'm not seeing the logic of:

3. Harass a respected EV supplier to the point of them saying, "**** it, this isn't worth it" and we all have fewer choices.

Yeah, I want my cool new toy too, but wow ...

I placed my order at the beginning of November but finally canceled last week. Had to threaten to report them to get them to respond but they finally refunded me.

Ended up going with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L32B9C2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I replaced my wireless pad with the one from Jeda and am using one half of it for wireless and the other for a wired charge. Also have my Samsung T5 plugged into the hub with zero issues.

Honestly, unless you plan on utilizing that storage space for something else the Jeda or Taptes hub really isn't needed.

I got an email today advertising their 'largest sale ever' at #143 for the hub/pad combo. I emailed them asking them to honor the price since I had not received the order yet. They actually issued a refund for the difference to the original order in less than 30 minutes. Might be worth a try for others.

Good luck.

thanks for heads up... hopefully this doesn’t affect their other products.... saved some money on the wireless pad.

Relevant XKCD.

Not sure where the anger's coming from here. A few years ago, my family couldn't afford $80 for firewood. Now, we're able to drop $80 on GrubHub without concern. Neither time would I write an email like that to someone's daughter, especially when her dad has a past history of delivering quality products.

Two options here:

1. Ask for a refund
2. Wait it out

I'm not seeing the logic of:

3. Harass a respected EV supplier to the point of them saying, "**** it, this isn't worth it" and we all have fewer choices.

Yeah, I want my cool new toy too, but wow ...
I believe the issue and root of people’s anger stems from their communication. Yes $80 in the grand scheme of things for Tesla owners is inconsequential. The problem arises when the company constantly sends false information and then stops responding when asking for refunds. It becomes principle at that point. If they just said from the beginning “Hey the hub is delayed indefinitely due to x and x. We will let you know when it is available” ppl would not be so upset. But when they say “hey we have it and testing it and will ship it to you next week” and then they do it 3 or 4 times it becomes ridiculous. Then they go radio silent after asking for refunds.

I believe the issue and root of people’s anger stems from their communication. Yes $80 in the grand scheme of things for Tesla owners is inconsequential. The problem arises when the company constantly sends false information and then stops responding when asking for refunds. It becomes principle at that point. If they just said from the beginning “Hey the hub is delayed indefinitely due to x and x. We will let you know when it is available” ppl would not be so upset. But when they say “hey we have it and testing it and will ship it to you next week” and then they do it 3 or 4 times it becomes ridiculous. Then they go radio silent after asking for refunds.
I also believe that the company would have done itself a real favor by offering a preemptive discount or refund as a goodwill gesture, given the significant delays.

Reactions: rxlawdude
I guess a bigger question is why one would need to ask for a refund for a product that hasn't shipped.

Charging a customer upon order rather than upon shipping is not the standard of
practice. Had they not charged on order, one would only need to cancel, not cancel AND ask for a refund of money already spent.

Reactions: ArtK