Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In response to my DM via Twitter, Jeda replied this morning with a DHL tracking number and said it will be picked up today. I ordered the Jeda hub for the Model Y on 5/20, order no. 1678XX.

Fingers crossed.

As an importer, I’m concerned that you have a DHL tracking number. Unless things have changed (and they certainly may have), DHL is used for direct ship from Asia all the time. By that, I mean it’s the UPS of international shipping. Direct ship is fine, but that would indicate to me there isn’t an intermediate QC step here in the USA. Does the tracking indicate origin?

Reactions: rxlawdude
I just received my hub this evening! I will get it installed tomorrow morning. Finally! It's been a long haul for this guy.

And @Kodemonkey - mine was shipped from Moreno Valley, CA.

Matt

GWB.gif

As an importer, I’m concerned that you have a DHL tracking number. Unless things have changed (and they certainly may have), DHL is used for direct ship from Asia all the time. By that, I mean it’s the UPS of international shipping. Direct ship is fine, but that would indicate to me there isn’t an intermediate QC step here in the USA. Does the tracking indicate origin?
Mine shows coming from Moreno Valley, CA. Looks like it goes to USPS as the final delivery step.

This thread hasn't "flushed out any crooks." Its put on display quite a show of entitlement, impatience, and self-righteousness, but it certainly didn't flush out any crooks...

Of all the things that are wrong with the world right now, that are having a direct impact on my happiness and lifestyle, the fact that this company hit my credit card for an $80ish charge 5ish months ago and then didn't ship me a (likely *great*) product until almost 6 months later... well, its not ideal, but it doesn't crack my Top10... not even close.

So happy for you. Love the way you label those who disagree. Says a lot.

DHL is primarily known as an international shipper but they have been shipping domestically for more than 30 years.

Reactions: jsight
I'm a little late here... I ordered the Hub for Model Y last spring, and I completely forgot about it... car arrived late July, and in mid-September I remembered the Jeda hub. I sent an EMail requesting a Status update, and I'll admit I was surprised with a rapid response with a plausible explanation (or two or three, actually). After November arrived, I sent another Email - and I received another plausible response... followed by the EMail with the details about shipping (I'm in the later group). I figured that the COVID mess has screwed up everything, and given the past "reviews" of their products, I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Based on what I'm reading here (posting immediately preceding this one), I anticipate being glad that I waited. Sometimes you've just got to cut people some slack - and this seems to be one of those times.

Received mine. Works great, fits great. All ports work but I need to use the right hand USB C for the built in wireless charging to function. The left hand USB C does work fine when directly plugged in to a device. Nice product.

That's the same with all Hubs, car or others. You need a single port for the hub. Luckily, the integrated wireless pad on the Y only needs one port to power both sides of the charging mat. Most third party wireless mats for the Model 3 require two ports, one for each side.

I just received my hub this evening! I will get it installed tomorrow morning. Finally! It's been a long haul for this guy.

And @Kodemonkey - mine was shipped from Moreno Valley, CA.

Matt

Jeda is located in Tarzana, CA (city of Los Angeles), Moreno Valley is In Riverside County. I was mostly curious if it actually quality checked or if it was routed through USPS for “last mile”Just trying to determine if they are being truthful or it’s just changing hands at a USPS distribution center.

I hope the hub works out for everyone. I may still consider re-purchasing after I see feedback from others. I definitely believe they could have handled things better. Since I have read on this forum that other inexpensive hubs caused problems in the car that most would never see a correlation - I hope their quality is as good as they claim.

• Funny
Reactions: Stuart1714
Received mine today, seems decent quality is now nicely accomodating my T5 SSD for Teslacam and now a 256gb SD card for music.

Reason I went this route was the next best thing after abandoning my raspberry pi attempt (to be able to wirelessly sync music), this was the next best thing. I can quickly pull the music drive and mess around with it without worrying about forgetting to put it back in.

I should probably add I ordered In June.

Last edited: