Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As an importer, I’m concerned that you have a DHL tracking number. Unless things have changed (and they certainly may have), DHL is used for direct ship from Asia all the time. By that, I mean it’s the UPS of international shipping. Direct ship is fine, but that would indicate to me there isn’t an intermediate QC step here in the USA. Does the tracking indicate origin?
As an importer, I’m concerned that you have a DHL tracking number. Unless things have changed (and they certainly may have), DHL is used for direct ship from Asia all the time. By that, I mean it’s the UPS of international shipping. Direct ship is fine, but that would indicate to me there isn’t an intermediate QC step here in the USA. Does the tracking indicate origin?
So that's weird. The tracking was definitely DHL. I received it today and it shipped from Moreno Valley, CA.

I believe DHL was started in the US with only domestic deliveries. I'm not sure if they ever were international only, but maybe there was a period?
I thought the "D" was for Deutschland.
Edit: @jsight is correct, started in San Francisco.

DHL became a wholly owned subsidiary of Deutsche Post in 2002.

Thanks for the clarification of the origin of DHL.

Last edited:
I thought the "D" was for Deutschland.

Nah, its Adrian Dalsey's last initial (yes, I had to look it up). According to wikipedia (which is, of course, always right) they started in San Francisco as a courier service with one Plymouth Duster. Also here: https://www.dhl.com/global-en/home/.../articles/2019/50-years-dhl-special/1969.html

The history was surprisingly interesting, and apparently they were doing international almost from the beginning. I guess that is why that part gets remembered, and I'd never thought of it.

Anyway, this is pretty far afield from Jeda hubs. Oops. :)

I ordered a Model Y USB Hub from Jeda on May 12. It arrived today - December 1 (via FedEx): over half a year later. I won't say it was worth the wait or anything like that (especially because it's not something I really missed in having these past few months), but it does look like it will work well. Pictures attached.

IMG_3277.jpg
IMG_3276.JPG
IMG_3275.jpg

Mine didn’t come with the free spacer.

Anyone else having issues with USB-A and USB-C power cutting in and out? Plugging a usb A lightning cord into the hub is making the charger go on and off super fast. The lightning cable to USB C port isn’t having this issue— but the taptes wireless charger was (didn’t happen on the stock port).

EDIT: Jeda’s website says that the USB C on the right side is the only port designed for power delivery. Makes sense!

Last edited: