Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent a Twitter DM on Monday asking for a status update since my order was in the first batch which was supposed to "start shipping" by the latest November 30th. I got a DM back today with just a USPS tracking results URL and a short "arriving today!" But what I received was just the spacer....WTF!

Sent them another message back asking for an update. Seriously, you can't make this stuff up the level of incompetence.

I ordered the Jeda hub in mid November, but kinda wrote it off after reading through this thread. So on 11/28 I ordered the RPM Tesla hub, and just received it today (11 days from order to drop-off, not awful).

It's got that soft, almost velvety rubberized plastic on the exterior, magnetic door that exactly matches the rest of the hub, seems pretty well-made, and comes with a little 3" USB-A-to-USB-C wire for the internal USB-A port (which will be handy for me to use to connect the Samsung T7 SSD I just bought to the glovebox USB). It has one less USB-A port on the front than the Jeda hub, but the fact that the front ports look nice & symmetrical (C-A-A-C) kinda makes up for it, I suppose. I haven't tested it yet, as I won't be taking delivery of my Model Y until next Friday, but the RPM hub looks pretty slick at least.

So for those interested in a cheaper alternative, the RPM Tesla hub is a potentially viable option.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I bought a Taptes one via Amazon that I got yesterday. Spent 20 minutes trying to get it installed. I then noticed that the USB port that it came with was damaged. Returned today and they are out of stock again. May look at the RPM Tesla one unless there are other alternatives out there.

171980-180600 - the cargo for these will be arriving in approximately one week, and will take our team 4-5 days to inventory, quality check, and package for you. ETA: shipments begin earliest December 2nd, latest December 7th.

I ordered in late June with order number 172XXX and still have not received any shipping confirmation. Starting to get annoyed, again.

171980-180600 - the cargo for these will be arriving in approximately one week, and will take our team 4-5 days to inventory, quality check, and package for you. ETA: shipments begin earliest December 2nd, latest December 7th.

I ordered in late June with order number 172XXX and still have not received any shipping confirmation. Starting to get annoyed, again.
Ordered in July. 1729xx. Received tracking info yesterday.

August here. 175XXX. No word.

Guys, I have myself rolling, laughing over here. I forgot which thread I was catching up on and thought this was about Model Y deliveries for a second. It made sense because I saw people posting dates and VINs like "Ordered in July. 1729xx." and thought "Wow, they really jumped high in the VIN numbers suddenly! Probably just a typo…"

It made me realize that this is a perfect microcosm of the Model Y order and delivery world. Order a product, wait for an indeterminate amount of time with little to no communication, moving delivery estimates, conflicting information, deliveries occur in seeming random order, people don't know whether to cancel or not, and post order numbers and dates of receiving VINs—ahem—tracking numbers. I'm sorry—I'm waiting on my MY, not a hub—but the similarity was just too funny. :D

At this point, give us an end date here. Last group expected to start 2 days ago....should be letting people know when this last group will all be shipped.

Last time they gave an open ended "Starting shipping" email was in October. Here we are in mid December...

I ordered the Jeda hub in mid November, but kinda wrote it off after reading through this thread. So on 11/28 I ordered the RPM Tesla hub, and just received it today (11 days from order to drop-off, not awful).

It's got that soft, almost velvety rubberized plastic on the exterior, magnetic door that exactly matches the rest of the hub, seems pretty well-made, and comes with a little 3" USB-A-to-USB-C wire for the internal USB-A port (which will be handy for me to use to connect the Samsung T7 SSD I just bought to the glovebox USB). It has one less USB-A port on the front than the Jeda hub, but the fact that the front ports look nice & symmetrical (C-A-A-C) kinda makes up for it, I suppose. I haven't tested it yet, as I won't be taking delivery of my Model Y until next Friday, but the RPM hub looks pretty slick at least.

So for those interested in a cheaper alternative, the RPM Tesla hub is a potentially viable option.

That sounds really nice. Have you tried out the charge ports and wireless charger with it yet? Also, was it overly tight to install like the Taptes one?

I ordered back in August. With all of the delays, I finally asked them to refund my order. After a week went by with no response, I disputed the charge with my credit card company. Jeda told them that it was a preorder, and that's why I haven't received it yet so my credit card company closed the dispute in their favor. Now Jeda is telling me that they can't refund me because it's still showing in dispute on their card processing system. I've sent them proof from two weeks ago that my credit card company has closed it but they tell me that until it shows resolved on their end, the money is held up. Ridiculous.

I ordered in September. Should have read this thread beforehand. Since I'm one of the 177XXX orders, I probably won't get an update for a while. Having a Note 20 Ultra, I could really use the spacer I ordered with the hub...

I ordered mine in March. It was delivered last week. Install was less than a minute. Switching out my wireless charging pad didn't take much time at all either. Now I have a wireless pad that actually charges anything I drop on it and in either orientation, combined with a hub that has my drive and extra ports. Did it take them a while, yes, Did they get it right? YES! I have nothing but good things to day about the build quality. The magnetic sticker to mount my SSD to the hub magnetically was an extra bonus that I hadn't been planning on.

Yes it took a while. Yes, there were engineering issues. And production issues. And COVID issues. But in the end they got it right and shipped a quality product. To me, that is the most important part.

That sounds really nice. Have you tried out the charge ports and wireless charger with it yet? Also, was it overly tight to install like the Taptes one?

I don't have the Taptes one. Was it tight, yes. You just needed to find the right angle to insert it in. I'm not worried about it coming loose. But I also didn't feel like I was having to force it it.

Edit: Forgot to answer the other question. With the Jeda Wireless Pad, it charges two phones perfectly. I've had 3 different phone models on both sides of the pads, and no issues. Also used in in landscape. The factory one was always a problem with the larger cases for me.