Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got my June 13th hub order and installed it tonight. Will test tomorrow, but the install was challenging since you cannot see the ports and it's a very tight fit.

My order was in the first batch and I had to follow up twice to get my tracking info.

I don't have the Taptes one. Was it tight, yes. You just needed to find the right angle to insert it in. I'm not worried about it coming loose. But I also didn't feel like I was having to force it it.

Edit: Forgot to answer the other question. With the Jeda Wireless Pad, it charges two phones perfectly. I've had 3 different phone models on both sides of the pads, and no issues. Also used in in landscape. The factory one was always a problem with the larger cases for me.

Just an FYI: The Jeda wireless pad would only charge my iPhone 12 mini horizontally. If I wanted it vertical I’d have to find something to use to prop it up more. For $75 and claims on the web site that it works with the mini, that’s unacceptable. After two emails over 1.5 weeks asking to return it, no response. I recommend the TEMAI wireless charging pad for anyone looking for a better alternative, and great customer support.

Waiting on a Jeda USB hub but not feeling too good about it. Ordered in November, so perhaps I’ll get it next year.

I guess the clones are flooding on to the market now. Calidaka: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...d_p=9d9090dd-8b99-4ac3-b4a9-90a1db2ef53b&th=1

Unnamed one that looks suspiciously similar to the RPMTesla unit: https://www.amazon.com/Dashcam-Sent...4Z41AK3DR5B6&refRID=9QF3KW584Z41AK3DR5B6&th=1

"Clones" or not, you know that all these aftermarket accessories are fly-by-night and produced in the same factory in China. The US seller simply imports them and slaps their own name on the box. Not that there is anything wrong with this business model, but let's not pretend that this is a custom crafted item created with any kind of ""American Ingenuity." The value added by the reseller is Customer Service; when they can't even manage honest Customer Service, they provide no value whatsoever and you mind as well buy straight from Amazon.

I guarantee that there has been next to no engineering done by the US resellers. This goes for the Performance pedals, screen protectors, center console trays, center console wraps, etc (things that cost cents to make, but sold for tens of dollars).

Reactions: Modulus1
Unnamed one that looks suspiciously similar to the RPMTesla unit: https://www.amazon.com/Dashcam-Sent...4Z41AK3DR5B6&refRID=9QF3KW584Z41AK3DR5B6&th=1
Description: "USB · extender box, original vehicle design, data reading, fast charging mode Is the secret compartment held in place by magnets or by Velcro The carefree storage of vehicle image does not affect the storage function of tachograph + sentry mode The product can hold the space of mobile hard disk Tesla Model3 hub USB splitter hub finisher USB expander converter multiple interface retrofit accessories Tesla moel3 USB splitter"

Translation: RUN AWAY.

Reactions: CleverUsername
Description: "USB · extender box, original vehicle design, data reading, fast charging mode Is the secret compartment held in place by magnets or by Velcro The carefree storage of vehicle image does not affect the storage function of tachograph + sentry mode The product can hold the space of mobile hard disk Tesla Model3 hub USB splitter hub finisher USB expander converter multiple interface retrofit accessories Tesla moel3 USB splitter"

Yeah, that was pretty bad. If you'd like, you can order it here with better English: Model 3 & Y Hub Doc Fits (USB-A) & (C+A) Only $49

Realistically, I'm not sure that either of these are worse than the Taptes or Jeda.

On the other hand, Jeda doesn’t mention anything about its effect on the tachograph, which is worrisome.

Finally got my June 13th hub order and installed it tonight. Will test tomorrow, but the install was challenging since you cannot see the ports and it's a very tight fit.

My order was in the first batch and I had to follow up twice to get my tracking info.

So far no issues. I'm not seeing full 10W charging on the Jeda v3 wireless pad which is plugged into 2 of the 3 USB A ports. The interior port works fine with my Pi Zero for Teslausb.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CROOKS! They have straight up stolen my $74 that I paid in August for the USB Hub. They are ignoring my requests for refund, and when I disputed the charge with my credit card company they simply told my bank that it was a pre-order and would be shipping soon. My bank then closed the dispute without restoring the $74. So no refund and no hub.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CROOKS! They have straight up stolen my $74 that I paid in August for the USB Hub. They are ignoring my requests for refund, and when I disputed the charge with my credit card company they simply told my bank that it was a pre-order and would be shipping soon. My bank then closed the dispute without restoring the $74. So no refund and no hub.

I suggest reopening the dispute. Point out the current URL: Jeda Products | Tesla Model Y USB Hub
Also, the archive URL: Jeda Products | Tesla Model Y USB Hub

Notably, it is no longer a preorder and by the time they analyze the dispute, mid-December will have been reached.

I suggest reopening the dispute. Point out the current URL: Jeda Products | Tesla Model Y USB Hub
Also, the archive URL: Jeda Products | Tesla Model Y USB Hub

Notably, it is no longer a preorder and by the time they analyze the dispute, mid-December will have been reached.

FWIW: I just sent an email to [email protected] asking for a status on order #1721XX and finally got a shipping confirmation.

It is slated to be delivered by Dec 13 (Sunday) via UPS. Lauren H. was the support person that contacted me.

Good luck.

Reactions: jsight

I agree. I regret buying their products. Still waiting on the hub, but they have ignored both of my emails to them that their wireless pad does not work with the mini as indicated on their web site, and asking to return it. Terrible customer service. Misrepresentative advertising. If there are other choices, I would definitely avoid buying from Jeda.

Ordered in July, just got shipping update that it's out for delivery 12/13.

172xxx

Honestly, I am not going to make a product like this, happy someone did to high quality (from the sounds of their products, will update if it ends up coming up short).

Email their CEO [email protected]

Reactions: Big Ike