Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a followup to my post about the RPM Tesla USB hub, I can’t plug that thing in for the life of me.

First of all it’s so ridiculously tight I struggle to even get it in place, and once I do I can’t seem to get it to line up just right with the ports. I can hear the plugs catching on the edges of the ports, but because of how tight the fit is it’s impossible to slide it up and down to get it to line up just right.

I’m tempted to give up on it altogether because I’ve got the OEM wireless charging pad and the glovebox USB port, so I don’t really need additional ports... but I’m sure I’ll keep trying to plug the stupid thing in every time I get in the car because it’s taunting me.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
Waiting for the excuse squad to come in here and say we’re bullying a small business again. Where yat fam

Hi!! Just wanted to check in, touch base, and reply. My Hub came today! So I was out in the garage, plugging it in to my Tesla... unexciting? Maybe. But you asked... so I thought I'd share.

ANYWAY, in case anyone that isn't a troll is interested...

Took a little wigglin' and pushin' to get it into the right place, but all-in-all probably no more than 3 minutes of effort to get it into place and plugged in. Real snug. Fits nice! Looks good. And after you get it installed, mostly out-of-sight-out-of-mind, I'd expect...

Once in? I was able to:
1. Charge my personal (android) phone off the far right USB-C port while
2. Charging my wife's personal (android) phone off the 4th USB-C port and
3. My work iPhone off the left-most USB-port, all while

A) playing FLAC files off my Samsung T5 SSD
and then
B) playing cuphead, 2-player co-op with my daughter, using two cheap (EasySMX) controllers plugged into the 2nd and 3rd USB-A ports.

Everything worked as I'd hoped.

Also, I tried the factory installed (not Jeda) wireless charging port. I was able to charge my wife's phone if I used the right-most USB-C port, but not if I used the 4th USB-C port instead. I think that was too be expected, as I think the right most USB-C port was rated for higher power output than the other one? This is all just "FYI" as my wife and I don't really use/do wireless charging. We have a magnet on the back of our phones, and a candycane magnetic phone stand coming off the back of the Tesla LCD screen... so whatever limitation this might be, it doesn't affect us (today), but I thought some might be interested...

I finally managed to get the RPM Tesla hub installed, and my hacky solution might come in handy for any stubborn USB hub:

I noticed that, due to my attempts at forcing the thing in, the USB-A plug on the hub was starting to develop burrs on its edges that basically made it so the thing would never fit into the USB-A port. So I took a metal file to the burrs, and once they were gone I kept filing until I took the edges off the plug completely. This rounded off the plug just enough that it slid into the port on the next try.

The hub is now neatly in place, held in very firmly because of how tightly it fits into the console, and all ports are working nicely; the OEM wireless charging pad works great, and I was able to stream music from a Samsung T7 plugged into one of the outside ports as well as the inside port.

They are not really sending out shipment notices. I ordered back in June and should have been in the first batch of shipments. I had to email them for the first time the other day and they gave me a tracking number via DHL.

Snail mail though, cause it took 21 days to go from LA to Vancouver...now it still needs go through customs and travel across the country east to Toronto o_O

Good luck all!

Ordered my Model Y/3 Hub on 8/10. Order #174xxx.

"Lauren H." originally said it would ship early September. Same story as everyone else- no replies to emails. BS updates. Filed a complaint with the BBB of Los Angeles. Quickly saw that over 50 others also have recently.

This company is bad news.

Received mine. It's nice and definitely high quality. However my OEM wireless charging pad doesn't seem to be working once i connect it to the hub.

Also as an FYI - The new Tesla USB stick is a very tight fit in the internal compartment because of the USB design

Last edited:
Received mine. It's nice and definitely high quality. However my OEM wireless charging pad doesn't seem to be working once i connect it to the hub.
This was happening to me - ends up it wasn’t plugged in all the way, but it’s impossible to tell since you can’t see what’s going on with the ports behind the thing.

If the USB-A ports are working, try pressing on it a bit harder to get the USB-C plug properly seated. If none of the ports are working, you’ll need to jiggle it around a bit to get it plugged in properly.

If you’re sure both are plugged in properly, then it might just be defective.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
This email came this morning:

Hey there!
If you are receiving this email, your order is still in the processing part of shipment.
A few final updates for your order.

Why have I not received my order yet?

There was another delay in the warehouse, which expanded our ship date by two weeks. A few weeks ago an employee tested positive for COVID-19, and operations were slowed to ensure full covid-testing was done, and safety protocols.Carriers have been limiting the amount of pickups from warehouses per day, due to both the holidays and to many taking on COVID vaccine deliveries. Some delays have been noted in "Scan-in" times.

Another delay!? Are you kidding me! When am I going to finally receive my order?

We are back on track and shipping once again. If you are receiving this email that means your batch is the one we are now finalizing and prepping for shipment.

Your order will be shipping between 12/30-01/02.

How will I know when my order ships?

You'll receive an email from us on one of the above dates which will say "A note has been added to your order." Please be sure to click into this email for your tracking number! This is an automated email, so it may go to spam by accident. Please be sure we are not marked as spam so you receive this. You can find our carrier delays and updates for all shipping services we use here: www.getjeda.com/shipping

What do I do if I have changed addresses?

If you have moved, please let us know ASAP. No packages will be prepped tomorrow, so we will need to change any and all addresses immediately. Send us your order number and request us to change the address. We will process this immediately and confirm your address change is complete. We cannot change addresses after a carrier picks up the order.

This has taken way too long and I'm fed up with waiting.

We know, and we understand. Writing delay emails has been just as hard for us. We have overpromised and underdelivered. To counter this, we have made a roadmap of internal changes to Jeda for 2021. We will be hiring more staff for shipping and customer service in 2021.

When will I get my 25% promised discount code?

The 25% discount code is valid on all full-priced items in our shop. We have two projects launching in early 2021 (January and February) which will both work with our current line and have new features for your Tesla. We are going to make sure once we launch we're ready to ship and we're offering the exclusive discount to our Model Y Hub pre-orders, for your patience. You can use your code any time next year.

This email came this morning:

Hey there!
If you are receiving this email, your order is still in the processing part of shipment.
A few final updates for your order.

Why have I not received my order yet?

There was another delay in the warehouse, which expanded our ship date by two weeks. A few weeks ago an employee tested positive for COVID-19, and operations were slowed to ensure full covid-testing was done, and safety protocols.Carriers have been limiting the amount of pickups from warehouses per day, due to both the holidays and to many taking on COVID vaccine deliveries. Some delays have been noted in "Scan-in" times.

Another delay!? Are you kidding me! When am I going to finally receive my order?

We are back on track and shipping once again. If you are receiving this email that means your batch is the one we are now finalizing and prepping for shipment.

Your order will be shipping between 12/30-01/02.

How will I know when my order ships?

You'll receive an email from us on one of the above dates which will say "A note has been added to your order." Please be sure to click into this email for your tracking number! This is an automated email, so it may go to spam by accident. Please be sure we are not marked as spam so you receive this. You can find our carrier delays and updates for all shipping services we use here: www.getjeda.com/shipping

What do I do if I have changed addresses?

If you have moved, please let us know ASAP. No packages will be prepped tomorrow, so we will need to change any and all addresses immediately. Send us your order number and request us to change the address. We will process this immediately and confirm your address change is complete. We cannot change addresses after a carrier picks up the order.

This has taken way too long and I'm fed up with waiting.

We know, and we understand. Writing delay emails has been just as hard for us. We have overpromised and underdelivered. To counter this, we have made a roadmap of internal changes to Jeda for 2021. We will be hiring more staff for shipping and customer service in 2021.

When will I get my 25% promised discount code?

The 25% discount code is valid on all full-priced items in our shop. We have two projects launching in early 2021 (January and February) which will both work with our current line and have new features for your Tesla. We are going to make sure once we launch we're ready to ship and we're offering the exclusive discount to our Model Y Hub pre-orders, for your patience. You can use your code any time next year.
I just go the same.... Oh so promises of a two new products they can't deliver??
Did you get the same revised shipping dates? It appears that varies by email. I received the same message this morning and my email says: "Your order will be shipping 12/28 - 12/30" while the message above says: "Your order will be shipping between 12/30-01/02".

Did you get the same revised shipping dates? It appears that varies by email. I received the same message this morning and my email says: "Your order will be shipping 12/28 - 12/30" while the message above says: "Your order will be shipping between 12/30-01/02".

Same old story with them. And I bet that when 1/02 rolls around, they'll have a new excuse why your order hasn't shipped, probably something like "Sorry for the delay. We had our orders ready to do on 12/31, but we missed the cutoff time and our shipping company does not pickup packages on New Years Day or the weekend. So this means that your order will likely be picked up from our warehouse on January 4th." (And on January 8th, we'll email you again with another lame excuse why your order was not shipped and promise another 25% code for our next product, which we'll also take your money for when you order but ship it to you 9 months later.)

I'm glad to finally have my hub and it seems to be working fine so far. It was much more difficult to install than my prior model 3 hub was, probably because of the different port configuration. Best of luck to those of you who are still waiting for these crooks to live up to their commitments.

I'm done with Jeda. I'm never ordering anything from them again, no matter what discount they offer me.