Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same old story with them. And I bet that when 1/02 rolls around, they'll have a new excuse why your order hasn't shipped, probably something like "Sorry for the delay. We had our orders ready to do on 12/31, but we missed the cutoff time and our shipping company does not pickup packages on New Years Day or the weekend. So this means that your order will likely be picked up from our warehouse on January 4th." (And on January 8th, we'll email you again with another lame excuse why your order was not shipped and promise another 25% code for our next product, which we'll also take your money for when you order but ship it to you 9 months later.)

I'm glad to finally have my hub and it seems to be working fine so far. It was much more difficult to install than my prior model 3 hub was, probably because of the different port configuration. Best of luck to those of you who are still waiting for these crooks to live up to their commitments.

I'm done with Jeda. I'm never ordering anything from them again, no matter what discount they offer me.
We've all made an assumption that a warehouse exists...it's probably someone's bedroom. My order has been "prepped", "processed" and "finalized" so many times I'm afraid my hub will be be worn out when I receive it.

On Monday I finally received shipment info from Jeda on my 8/13 order...based on the info, Jeda considers preparing a shipping label as "shipment". The label was prepared at 4:48 am on Monday 12/28, shipment actually occurred yesterday 12/30 at 1:53 pm and projected to arrive a week from today 1/7 by 9:00 pm - 10 days from California to Texas - I guess I shouldn't have expected anything different.

On Monday I finally received shipment info from Jeda on my 8/13 order...based on the info, Jeda considers preparing a shipping label as "shipment". The label was prepared at 4:48 am on Monday 12/28, shipment actually occurred yesterday 12/30 at 1:53 pm and projected to arrive a week from today 1/7 by 9:00 pm - 10 days from California to Texas - I guess I shouldn't have expected anything different.

Every company from which I’ve ordered does that, from products and supplies my business orders to a new juvenile tarantula to a toner cartridge for my wife’s Dell printer to my hobby astronomy products to my wife’s acrylic paints. Today’s definition of “your product has shipped” is “shipping label has been generated.” Annoying but a fact of life.

Reactions: Stuart1714
Every company from which I’ve ordered does that, from products and supplies my business orders to a new juvenile tarantula to a toner cartridge for my wife’s Dell printer to my hobby astronomy products to my wife’s acrylic paints. Today’s definition of “your product has shipped” is “shipping label has been generated.” Annoying but a fact of life.
True...but when Amazon Prime says "shipped" it means "shipped - they don't notify me that a shipping label has been prepared.

Reactions: rxlawdude
Did you get the same revised shipping dates? It appears that varies by email. I received the same message this morning and my email says: "Your order will be shipping 12/28 - 12/30" while the message above says: "Your order will be shipping between 12/30-01/02".

My e-mail, which I received on Christmas Eve indicates a shipping of the end of the first week of January.

I assume that the variation in shipping dates is due to where you are located.

Will see if they can meet this delivery window

Finally received mine today (ordered 8/29/20). Packaging was nice and hub seems well built. Installation took a few minutes because obviously you can't see the connectors while you're trying to push it in place. It's a tight fit. Per the e-mail instructions, if you use the stock charging pad, they want you to plug it in to the right side USB-C port. I did that and the pad works as normal ("fast wireless charging" on my Note 20 Ultra). I use a microSD memory card and USB-A adapter for the dashcam. I plugged that in to the secret compartment and the Y immediately recognized it as normal. So far so good.

Finally received mine today (ordered 8/29/20). Packaging was nice and hub seems well built. Installation took a few minutes because obviously you can't see the connectors while you're trying to push it in place. It's a tight fit. Per the e-mail instructions, if you use the stock charging pad, they want you to plug it in to the right side USB-C port. I did that and the pad works as normal ("fast wireless charging" on my Note 20 Ultra). I use a microSD memory card and USB-A adapter for the dashcam. I plugged that in to the secret compartment and the Y immediately recognized it as normal. So far so good.

My Model 3 Jeda Hub and wireless pad were both worth waiting for. In spite of the shipping drama and multiple redundant emails from the company. I've ordered both for my MY. When they show up they show up. :)