Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Issues with iPhone 12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 model 3 so it didn’t come with wireless charging. I purchased the original Jeda wireless charger and have been pretty happy. We just got new the iPhone 12 (had iPhone X previously) and it doesn’t work with a case on. I take the case off and it works. I’ve tried 2 cases one from Apple and one 3rd party, no dice.

I see Tesla now sells a wireless chargers but it the website says they’re not compatible with cars built before June 2020, why? Any other thoughts? Buy a new jeda? I see another company called Nomad makes them are they reliable?

thanks!

Our Iphone 12 with Apple silicone case works fine with the Nomad charger. My IPhone 11 Pro Max also works fine with it. I have my doubts whether the Iphone 12 Pro Max will work though because the 11 Pro Max is so big it leaves no room to spare to fit on the pad. The 12 Pro Max is slightly taller which leads me to wonder if it’s just too big to work. Hopefully someone will buy one and try it out and report back to us.

Reactions: streetskooler
I am trying my new iPhone 12 Pro Max on the TapTes wireless charger I put in there, there is no way it will fit vertically with any kind of case on it. Thank goodness, this is the TapTes charger that has a horizontal option. It works fine in that position.

Product: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X2RJ2V4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’m guessing the Nomad charger won’t fit the Iphone 12 Pro Max either, and it does not have an option for horizontal charging. So I won’t be upgrading to the 12 Pro Max any time soon.

I also have a Jeda wireless charger and iPhone 12 Pro. I noticed that when setting the phone down on the charger normally and letting it rest on the bottom lip of the charger, it doesn't charge. However, if I move the phone upwards about 2cm and hold it there for a second, then it will charge, and I can set it back down on the lip and it will continue charging.

I have the 12 Pro Max with Apple leather case and bought the Tesla wireless charger. It doesn't work. The phone can't slide down enough to engage the coil. If I take the case off, it works fine.

I slid the phone dock bar (bottom plastic piece) off the charger temporarily. With that off, the phone with the case on can slide down the 3mm needed and engages charging. The simple fix is a replacement plastic piece at the bottom that isn't as thick. I doubt Tesla is going to offer one. Perhaps someone will make one.

Last edited:
If you look online you will see there are tons of iPhone 12 and iPhone 2020 SE users that have issues with wireless charging. Specifically, wireless chargers that are only connect via USB (no charging brick). This has been an issue for me since the very first IOS14 Beta. I think this is a software issue that Apple has yet to acknowledge or fix.

My phone will start to charge and stop after ~10 seconds. It will continue to charge on/off if I just leave it on the charger. Sometimes I actually get a charge and other times by battery life doesn't budge.