Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda just released a new USB hub. Mounts Flush and hides flash drive

Buying it?

• Yes

Votes: 64 22.6%
  • No

Votes: 75 26.5%
  • Maybe at $50

Votes: 144 50.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aside from the troubles that people have encountered, shipping has been pushed back Even Further.

I ordered it with it listing 2 weeks to ship in the FAQ

After three weeks I emailed them and was told it would ship after five weeks (week of the 16th of September)

Yesterday they emailed (with many more grammar errors than I'd expect for a mass-distributed form letter to business customers) and indicated that because of my bad luck with my randomized order number, it will ship after seven weeks instead:

=======
Please note that order numbers are randomized and not in sequential order. Shipments will go out on a daily basis.
  • #56530 - 60758 - Shipping by 9/16
  • #60761 - 65976 - Shipping by 9/23
  • #65982 - 71867 - Shipping by 9/30
=======

Then in response to direct inquiry they said that based on the order number (which is randomized), it will ship the week of the 23rd, six weeks after the order.

The time you ordered it makes no difference. They are literally using a lottery to decide when you get your order.

I will officially say that folks should wait until they get their business sense together before ordering anything from them. Even aside from the random shipping date,they've acknowledged that they've been plagued by fatal quality issues to the point where the current shipping delays are due to them internally opening every new package and performing preemptive repairs to the hub.

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby
Yesterday I tested the hub with the cable that came with the T5 and removed the second flash drive. I had no errors. Today I changed back to the cable they provided. If it works I will try adding back the second drive.

Jeda has contacted me in response to my issues.

Ordered (and was charged) on August 5. Finally received an email from Jeda last Thursday Sept.26 stating my order (wireless pad, USB hub & spacer) shipped. Their email contained a USPS tracking number. However, every time I enter that tracking number, USPS tells me the package is still in “Pre-shipment” and has not yet arrived at the nearest departing USPS facility in California. Given Jeda’s history of giving inaccurate information and ship dates, it makes me wonder if my order has indeed shipped. I wish another company made/offered something similar to Jeda’s USB hub.... if so, I would immediately dispute the charge with my credit card company and get my money back.

I bought it August 16th and have yet to receive it despite customer service replies that originally indicated it would ship Sept 16th, and then later one that said everything would ship by the 25th.

That being said, "Too Slow" can be caused by leaving the drive plugged in during a car update I found out (twice).

Purchased on Aug 14th and still waiting for mine as well (not shipped). They did send an email on Sept 11 saying that they ran into QC issues and shipping would be delayed.

I sent the details to Taptes to copy. Advised they are investigating

Good to hear. Ultimately, competition is good for everyone, especially us consumers.
My preference is to purchase American made products, but would not hesitate to go with a company like Taptes if the quality is decent. Heck, I’m not confident everything that Jeda makes is 100% American made anyway...

I hate to break it to you, but TapTes' products are not American-made. I just ordered some stuff from them and they're literally coming to me on a slow boat from China right now.

Yes, I am aware of that. That’s why I said I would not hesitate to buy from them (Taptes is a Chinese company) if their quality is decent. I think you simply misread my previous post. No worries...

I’d like a hub like this but the shipping delays and issues reported is off putting.

Hopefully if someone else develops something similar they include a battery with pass through that can give full power to both wireless charging pads. I think that’s the only thing really missing from this solution today.

I’d like a hub like this but the shipping delays and issues reported is off putting...

Yeah, I would suggest waiting to see if things settle down and if Jeda finally gets their act together. In hindsight, it’s probably what I should have done. As much as I like to support small businesses like Jeda and want to see them succeed, I am not confident they will stay in business very long. Hope their products work and last as expected (when they finally do arrive) and hope I’m wrong about Jeda’s future...

Their emails stated they had some QC issues and had to do some fixes on the products before shipping more. Several delays + production shortages have made this somewhat annoying.

I got a USPS tracking number late last week, but it's not in USPS's possession yet. Still looking forward to it though, and I'll ultimately be very happy if it works as advertised.

On a side note, the email I received mentioned that they were offloading production to a third party in the near future, so future orders maybe processed much quicker. Who knows lol.

I can't edit my post, hope double posting is permitted....

October 2, 2019, 12:00 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
LOUISVILLE KY DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item arrived at our LOUISVILLE KY DISTRIBUTION CENTER destination facility on October 2, 2019 at 12:00 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

September 26, 2019, 12:47 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
TARZANA, CA 91356

Suddenly my USPS tracking info went from USPS awaiting item in Tarzana, California to the item arriving in Louisville. I guess it was already in transit this whole time by truck and is being handed off to USPS locally or something. No idea what black magics they are pulling to cut costs. Anyways, mine should be arriving today or tomorrow - I'm excited :)

Attachments

• IMG_20191002_111052.jpg
    IMG_20191002_111052.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 76