Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda just released a new USB hub. Mounts Flush and hides flash drive

Buying it?

• Yes

Votes: 64 22.6%
  • No

Votes: 75 26.5%
  • Maybe at $50

Votes: 144 50.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hub arrived today! Looks great! Super tight fit, but that's probably a good thing. Taptes v2 wireless charger connected to the usb ports work, and the dashcam icon is showing up on the screen so I'm happy. I ordered around Aug. 1st, so that's a 2 month wait. I wish the wait was advertised a bit better but other than that no complaints.

Reactions: Prunesquallor
My first shipment one that's been working fine so far finally shat the cat this morning. My ssd, partitioned for both music and dashcam service, plugged into the interior plug, just completely stopped working - no number of reboots and whatnot could get it working, so I pulled it out (the hub), plugged the ssd in direct, works as good as ever (the ssd, not the hub). I'll see if they'll send me a replacement.

My first shipment one that's been working fine so far finally shat the cat this morning. My ssd, partitioned for both music and dashcam service, plugged into the interior plug, just completely stopped working - no number of reboots and whatnot could get it working, so I pulled it out (the hub), plugged the ssd in direct, works as good as ever (the ssd, not the hub). I'll see if they'll send me a replacement.

Unfortunately, my new Jeda charge pad and USB hub (which was delivered this Wednesday) is not working properly. Appears to be a problem with their charge pad and not so much the USB hub. I’m exchanging some emails with Jeda support now. Will probably post a new thread with a video showing the exact problem later this evening to see if anyone else in the Tesla community has experienced this problem... and to simply make people aware.

Seems like the problems haven’t been fixed, despite their claims on email

I bought the Jeda hub because nothing else like it exists. I love how it cleans up that area and offers more USB ports.

I bought the Taptes v2 wireless charger because I needed horizontal charging (Galaxy S10+ with LifeProof case doesn't fit vertically.)

I wanted to keep the standard USB ports available for game controllers or lightning cables, my passengers have old iPhones most of the time, so I ordered 2 of these off Amazon to connect the Taptes wireless charger to the hubs small USB C ports:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LONQ7R6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_InaMDb92KC7AV

Those are 6in cables.. 8in would probably be better, it's a tight fit, but they work great -- highly recommended if you have the Taptes v2 charger paired with the Jeda hub.

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby
Pro-tip to do your due diligence and check the measurements to be sure your current SSD will fit in the compartment, mine did not. Trying to decide now if I want to invest in another SSD or just switch back to a USB thumb drive (have had many crash in the past so reluctant to do that). it does work nicely. A tad tricky to install as far as getting the USB outlets to line up.

Pro-tip to do your due diligence and check the measurements to be sure your current SSD will fit in the compartment, mine did not. Trying to decide now if I want to invest in another SSD or just switch back to a USB thumb drive (have had many crash in the past so reluctant to do that). it does work nicely. A tad tricky to install as far as getting the USB outlets to line up.

Most SSDs have less electronics than case. For example, I had a Western Digital My Passport Go 1TB that couldn't fit in the compartment. So I popped it open and took the guts out and they fit really well with no issues. The cases are not essential for most drives and there is nothing in the compartment that will cause problems for the bare electronics. Only works with SSD though, not with portable HDD except maybe getting a 2.5" HDD out of a bigger case, but HDD + Car vibrations = Bad Juju.

• Informative
Reactions: badronald
Am having trouble with my ps4 controller which was working fine before. It drifts constantly to the right. Any else tried games with their usb hub?
PS4 controllers tend to exhibit that drift if the thumbstick is not centered when it's plugged in / powered on, as it reads the location of the stick at power-on as the "center" location.

Got a new controller (xbox style) and all is good.

Reactions: DopeGhoti
You’ll have to go with a ‘portable’ SSD like the Samsung T5 to get it to fit. This is a bit disappointing since regular SSDs are cheaper. I had a 1TB SSD I was using but had to switch to a 500GB portable drive.

You’ll have to go with a ‘portable’ SSD like the Samsung T5 to get it to fit. This is a bit disappointing since regular SSDs are cheaper. I had a 1TB SSD I was using but had to switch to a 500GB portable drive.

Spiffy Tip: Many USB SSDs are much smaller inside than outside. For example, you can open up a WD Passport Go and the inside has a USB to M.2 controller and an M.2 drive in it. The whole package won't fit in the Jeda nook, but the raw electronics will, and the USB connector on the controller board is iron so it magnetically sticks to the back of the Jeda nook.

Spiffy Tip: Many USB SSDs are much smaller inside than outside. For example, you can open up a WD Passport Go and the inside has a USB to M.2 controller and an M.2 drive in it. The whole package won't fit in the Jeda nook, but the raw electronics will, and the USB connector on the controller board is iron so it magnetically sticks to the back of the Jeda nook.

of course there's no longer any ESD protection at that point... Most M.2 install guides contain several mentions about being very careful to insure you're discharged and grounded when handling a naked drive like that.

I know you can gut an SSD to make it fit but I prefer to keep the case for durability purposes.