Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda left USB C port?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I finally got the Jeda and of course I plug it in and realize the left usb c port doesn’t works for the OEM pad?

it also doesn’t seem to work for my USB stick that has a dual usb c and usb a switch.
What can that left usb c Jeda port be used for?

I installed the hub a few days ago and also had the same question. I'm not a tech expert, but this is from their website...

"If you use the stock Tesla Pad which comes equipped in your Tesla, the USB C connector on the right side of the hub has been designed to maintain power, and comply with USB C power delivery specs. The options with the Jeda USB Hub are limitless: utilize with charging, music, gaming, data storage, and more. Customize to your choosing and setup"

I'm not sure what the left USB-C port can be used for or why it would be different than the one on the right.

I installed the hub a few days ago and also had the same question. I'm not a tech expert, but this is from their website...

"If you use the stock Tesla Pad which comes equipped in your Tesla, the USB C connector on the right side of the hub has been designed to maintain power, and comply with USB C power delivery specs. The options with the Jeda USB Hub are limitless: utilize with charging, music, gaming, data storage, and more. Customize to your choosing and setup"

I'm not sure what the left USB-C port can be used for or why it would be different than the one on the right.
Yes. It seems like they’re not the same. A normal sub c stick works on the right, but not the left. :(

I checked the hub's USB-C ports by charging my headphones. My iPhone doesn't supports wireless charging so I leave the pad unplugged.

So I finally got the Jeda and of course I plug it in and realize the left usb c port doesn’t works for the OEM pad?

it also doesn’t seem to work for my USB stick that has a dual usb c and usb a switch.

Yes if dig around on the Jeda website (it's not immediately obvious, at least not to me) you can find a page/place where they note that only the right-most USB-C can properly drive the wireless charging pad.

I'm using it for wired charging of USB-C phones, personally... but I would think USB-C accessories that need data (game controllers, etc?) might work as well?

The 3 USB-A ports to the left were sufficient for my needs (one A-to-lightning cable for my work iphone and two EasySMX game controllers), and I use the two USB-C ports to charge phones (either with two USB-C cables or two phones charging at once on the wireless pad, either which way it gets the job done, for my needs at least)...