Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Model 3 Hub with Taptes Wireless Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a TapTes Wireless Charger with my Model 3 last year and for XMAS a family member gave me a Jeda USB Hub (which took forever to arrive and now TapTes has there own). Anyway I installed the Jeda USB Hub today including moving my Samsung T5 into its hidden compartment which is very neat.
I found however that my left hand Taptes Charger didn't work. I tried a reboot of the Tesla and the Left Hand Charger will work once and then fails and won't turn on. The right hand one works. I swapped the cables and it works so the issue is the left hand (I think its USB 1 port).

From looking on the forums there were issues with earlier software versions of the Tesla and USB hub and I saw a fix to use a USB splitter. So I put that in and rebooted the car which seems to have it stable now, but will need to monitor.

Was interested if anyone else has had this issue I am not sure if its the Tesla, the Jeda Hub, Taptes charger or a combination of them.

I had a similar Taptes pad problem even without a hub. There’s some sort of known issue with Taptes, where you need to use the splitter the pad came with and make sure the thin wire is the one connecting to the car’s USB A port. In your case, I’d try plugging the thin wire from the Taptes pad’s provided splitter into the Jeda hub.

Ftlum is correct, I needed to do this with my jeda hub and taptes wireless pad combo. You need to give the wireless pad only power via the splitter cable otherwise the car will temporarily disable the usb port.

I've been on the hunt for some neater power only cables but haven't found anything yet.

Anyone tried a Samsung S9+ with the TapTes wireless pad? TapTes 157mm high. S9+ 158.1mm tall. I dont think it is going to fit. Shame they had to put the lip at the bottom of the taptes pad constraining the height. Also Taptes wireless pad has no provision for cable charging non Qi phones whereas the Jeda does.

Anyone tried a Samsung S9+ with the TapTes wireless pad? TapTes 157mm high. S9+ 158.1mm tall. I dont think it is going to fit. Shame they had to put the lip at the bottom of the taptes pad constraining the height. Also Taptes wireless pad has no provision for cable charging non Qi phones whereas the Jeda does.

The charger works horizontally, so I don't think it should be a problem. I use my it to charge my Note 8 horizontally.

Galaxy S9 Plus - 158.1 x 73.8mm
The Galaxy Note 10+ is 162.3 x 77.2 mm and it's clearly stated that it fits on the website.

TAPTES Wireless Charging Pad for Tesla Model 3

• Informative
Reactions: Flatbat
Not sure how it would work without the lip? The phone would slip out the bottom otherwise. I’ve already had my phone slip over the existing small lip into the bin below under hard acceleration.

My TapTes wireless pad turned up today. Was delayed about a month due Covid.
Nice bonus to have a USB C charge lead built in to the lip. We have a non wireless phone in the household has USB C. Did not notice it had this feature when I ordered it.
Samsung S9+ fits and charges with a largish case fitted, however the cars lids on the charge shelf will not close. Phone landscape allows it to close as does removing the case. Now just awaiting the Taptes dock which is still in transit somewhere.

My wait is nearly over...my Taptes wireless charger and hub are at Chullora after 43 days....

upload_2020-7-30_12-5-47.png

TapTes is a copycat and didn't put up the dollars to design moreover just copied Jeda. I'll stick with the original designer and reward them with the extra few bucks. I'm not associated with Jeda, just sick of companies blatantly ripping off other companies ideas and having the look a like products made for the cheapest they can (and often lower quality) and near word for word ripping off the original designer on their websites (even stealing product photos as their product doesn't look as good).

A few words from Jeda:
You've probably seen alot of emails coming from us to you, with coupon codes recently. There's a reason for that. This year has been pretty hard for our team and company. We've been decimated by a few companies who have chosen to copy the only products in our line, which support our team, and help us fund upcoming products we've been working on. Over the past year, we've seen our products plagiarized to an uncanny degree, our text copied word-for-word, and our copyrighted images used to sell aforementioned products.

On top of the above, COVID-19 has affected many small businesses like Jeda. Some things we've actively done to combat this are to upgrade our products and work on improving what we do offer to our customers. Our shipping times have been slow (notoriously slow), and our team is small, but we are damn passionate about Tesla, and we love this community. We're committed to constantly providing and producing things which are custom, unique, essential, and of utmost quality. We're hopeful we'll be able to show you what we are working on next soon.

If you see our name pop up in your timeline, your feed, in a group, forum, or anywhere else please help share, retweet, or refer our products. By doing so you boost visibility to what we DESIGN, what we ENGINEER and what we MAKE, and help us continue to do what we love most: make cool things, for cool people, with cool cars.

Reactions: Flatbat
I just ordered the Jeda USB hub and charging pad. $28 USD for Shipping, but there was a code JEDABUNDLE which took $30. I love my M3P because of the innovation it represents, feel its only right to support those who innovate around it too.

TapTes is a copycat and didn't put up the dollars to design moreover just copied Jeda. I'll stick with the original designer and reward them with the extra few bucks. I'm not associated with Jeda, just sick of companies blatantly ripping off other companies ideas and having the look a like products made for the cheapest they can (and often lower quality) and near word for word ripping off the original designer on their websites (even stealing product photos as their product doesn't look as good).
You’re gonna hate the fact that I just asked them to copy the Tesla S/X wireless charger :)

You’re gonna hate the fact that I just asked them to copy the Tesla S/X wireless charger :)

Yeah, personally I do hate that o_O I have a real issue with companies from countries that are known to just rip off products to the point that it's not flattering....in my belief it's short sighted/unethical at the least, illegal at worst. I have no issue with making a product better or redesigning but to blantly copying verbatim is just "not on" and I am certainly not going to aid and abet these sorts of companies.

A few words from Jeda:

Good to know. Thanks for posting the background.