Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

JEDA Model 3 USB Hub

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah ha. The arrival of the JEDA hub AND my Echo Audio. Same day. Go figure. Long and short of it is that everything works as advertised. Happy Camper.
upload_2019-10-3_19-54-55.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-3_19-54-10.png
    upload_2019-10-3_19-54-10.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 367
Reactions: DopeGhoti
I got mine as well. Ordered on July 19, shipped on September 25 and delivered on September 27. Two observations:
  1. The USB-A port on the left seem to be directly connected to the left USB plug, while the other four ports are connected to the actual USB hub. This means that it isn't a good idea to use the two USB-C ports for phone charging, as they are sharing power.
  2. All the USB-A ports are upside-down, including the one in the secret compartment. Took me a while to figure out why my cables and SD card reader wouldn't fit.

I love my hub as well. Just be careful if you ever remove something from the usbs. Sometimes the hub slightly comes out of the 2 USB ports behind and will be loose. My hard drive with music went dead as well as the dash cam. I always push against it when removing something to avoid this. Other than that it rocks

I just installed mine today (ordered 9/13, delivered 10/5). The fit was very tight, but it looks like it's supposed to be there. I have the Tesla wireless charger attached, along with a Samsung T5 SSD, and a thumb drive for music. So far, everything is working well!

View attachment 463345
Thank you for this photo - it is the first time I've understood where exactly this mounted!

Anybody else see the JEDA Model 3 USB Hub? Long wait until August 1st for delivery. Waiting for some independent reviews but it looks like an excellent idea.

Jeda Products | Tesla Model 3 USB Hub
Bought the Jeda Hub and was working fine prior to 2019.32.11 release, but now I’m getting a warning indicator stating the USB hub isn’t fast enough to write data to the thumb SSD drive. Latest firmware is writing more data now since rear camera is now added. Because of this Dash Cam gets disabled and doesn’t record. Don’t know if this is a thumb drive issue or not. I’m going to go back to my old setup and replace the Jeda Hub with a USB 3 port Hub to see if the thumb SSD drive is the problem or the Jeda Hub. Anyone else having this problem with a Jeda Hub?

Long time lurker here and just opened an account here to share my frustrations with my Jeda USB Hub. I have been having issues with mine prior to the v10 release. Only a few days after delivery of my Jeda USB Hub, my dash cam would stop recording and my model 3 would show the message "USB data transfer rate too slow...". Removing and re-installing the USB drive used to temporarily fix the issue, but now it happens frequently and I have requested a return. What has been the most frustrating is that Jeda has been in complete radio silence after I reported the issue.

I've since removed my Jeda USB Hub and have it boxed up and ready to return. Meanwhile my same USB drive has been working flawlessly without it. I am using the following USB drive:

Samsung MUF-64AB/AM FIT Plus 64GB - 200MB/s USB 3.1 Flash Drive

It's really a shame, the design of the Jeda USB Hub is great, but the darn thing just does not work.

Long time lurker here and just opened an account here to share my frustrations with my Jeda USB Hub. I have been having issues with mine prior to the v10 release. Only a few days after delivery of my Jeda USB Hub, my dash cam would stop recording and my model 3 would show the message "USB data transfer rate too slow...". Removing and re-installing the USB drive used to temporarily fix the issue, but now it happens frequently and I have requested a return. What has been the most frustrating is that Jeda has been in complete radio silence after I reported the issue.

I've since removed my Jeda USB Hub and have it boxed up and ready to return. Meanwhile my same USB drive has been working flawlessly without it. I am using the following USB drive:

It's really a shame, the design of the Jeda USB Hub is great, but the darn thing just does not work.
Same issue with Jeda Hub replaced it with my Sabrent mini USB Hub and it’s been working flawlessly for 3 days now. The warning message states it needs 4Mbs speed which most any USB Hub should have which means they likely used the wrong wiring in their hub or they used a really bad USB chip.

Ordered my hub September 30, arrived October 11. Nomad wireless charger plugged into the two USB-A ports, Samsung T5 500 GB SSD (dashcam/sentry) plugged into hidden USB, Samsung Duo Plus 128 GB thumb drive (music) plugged into right hand USB-C port. So far, everything is working. I’ll update if things change. Model 3 is on 32.12.2.

Reactions: Gabbleratchet7

There's a more widespread issue with previously working USB drives giving that error after a recent Tesla update. I don't think the Jeda hub is to blame. Try the USB drive without the hub and you'll probably get the same error.

My wife and I both had issues with our Samsung thumb drives after the update - same error. This was before installing the Jeda Hub in my M3. We both switched to 500 Gb Samsung T5 drives - no problems yet. Here are our configurations:

My M3:
Jeda USB Hub
Tesla Wireless Charger (both sides connected via USB-A ports and working properly)
Samsung T5 500Gb SSD (TeslaCam, Sentry)
Samsung 256Gb Thumb drive connected via USB-C adapter (music)

Her M3:
Wired USB-C charge cable
Samsung T5 500Gb SSD (TeslaCam, Sentry)

I'll let you all know if anything changes.

Ordered my hub September 30, arrived October 11. Nomad wireless charger plugged into the two USB-A ports, Samsung T5 500 GB SSD (dashcam/sentry) plugged into hidden USB, Samsung Duo Plus 128 GB thumb drive (music) plugged into right hand USB-C port. So far, everything is working. I’ll update if things change. Model 3 is on 32.12.2.
Update: Two weeks in and no issues.