Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda USB Hub Vs. Taptes USB Hub

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order supposedly shipped out on 28 July. Based on the (lack of) tracking updates, I think someone from DHL or USPS is walking to Canada with it. :(

My first experiences with Jeda have been a mixed bag for sure. I can only hope that the products I ordered will turn out to have been worth the wait.

Any updates?

I have two tracking numbers (one for the hub, one for the wireless pad).
The wireless pad is the one that shipped on 28 July. DHL finally posted a tracking update yesterday reporting that the package had finally arrived in Canada and has been cleared by customs. So it took over a month for the package to travel from Moreno Valley, CA to Vancouver, Canada. Now it has to travel all the way across Canada to Ontario so who knows how long that will take.

The hub was shipped on 14 August and made it to Vancouver on 21 August but no tracking information after that.

The two items were supposed to be shipped together but that didn't happen. I also had to reach out after I had placed my order to switch the hub from the new Model Y/June 2020 Model 3 one to the older, original model. Jeda's email response assured me that this would not be a problem but I have a sneaking suspicion that when the package finally arrives it's going to be the new model and I'm going to have to send it back.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Ordered Jeda Hub on July 23, 2020. As of August 25, no shipment. Contacted Jeda by email several times. Polite responses each time with in a day or two. All they could say was they were sorry but it was shipped. More interested in explaining what happened than resolving the issue.

Supplied me the FedEx tracking number but package was never scanned. I asked for a replacement order or a ship date. They wanted me to continue to wait for FedEx to deliver. Had to contact my credit card company for a charge back. A quick chat session with Goldman/Apple Card and the charge back applied to my account within minutes.

I really don't mind paying more to Jeda but they don't seem to understand customer service. For the prices they charge they should allow telephone contact with customers on problems. I gave them my phone number but they chose to send another email. So it seems they don't really care about their customers. (BTW My experience with Tesla's customer service is better than Jeda.)

I just got 2 of the Jeda USB hubs. This week. The newest version. Ordered in June and July. Didn’t mean to double order. But somehow I did. Love the one I installed.

Anyone in the Raleigh NC area want a new / unopened USB Jeda hub for their M3?

Will sell for $60

Jeda will charge me 20% restocking fee. So not sending it back.

I just got 2 of the Jeda USB hubs. This week. The newest version. Ordered in June and July. Didn’t mean to double order. But somehow I did. Love the one I installed.

Anyone in the Raleigh NC area want a new / unopened USB Jeda hub for their M3?

Will sell for $60

Jeda will charge me 20% restocking fee. So not sending it back.
Is it the version that works with the Model Y - USB C on the left, USB A on the right? If you'd ship, I'd be interested.

Is it the version that works with the Model Y - USB C on the left, USB A on the right? If you'd ship, I'd be interested.

Hello. No, it is not. This is the 2 USB-A version - I have attached pics for anyone else who may be interested...

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Helpful
Reactions: bbk3e
Ordered Jeda Hub on July 23, 2020. As of August 25, no shipment. Contacted Jeda by email several times. Polite responses each time with in a day or two. All they could say was they were sorry but it was shipped. More interested in explaining what happened than resolving the issue.

Supplied me the FedEx tracking number but package was never scanned. I asked for a replacement order or a ship date. They wanted me to continue to wait for FedEx to deliver. Had to contact my credit card company for a charge back. A quick chat session with Goldman/Apple Card and the charge back applied to my account within minutes.

I really don't mind paying more to Jeda but they don't seem to understand customer service. For the prices they charge they should allow telephone contact with customers on problems. I gave them my phone number but they chose to send another email. So it seems they don't really care about their customers. (BTW My experience with Tesla's customer service is better than Jeda.)
I got the issue resolved. Ordered second Jeda hub. Jeda is slow but they are good!!

I have two tracking numbers (one for the hub, one for the wireless pad).
The wireless pad is the one that shipped on 28 July. DHL finally posted a tracking update yesterday reporting that the package had finally arrived in Canada and has been cleared by customs. So it took over a month for the package to travel from Moreno Valley, CA to Vancouver, Canada. Now it has to travel all the way across Canada to Ontario so who knows how long that will take.

The hub was shipped on 14 August and made it to Vancouver on 21 August but no tracking information after that.

The two items were supposed to be shipped together but that didn't happen. I also had to reach out after I had placed my order to switch the hub from the new Model Y/June 2020 Model 3 one to the older, original model. Jeda's email response assured me that this would not be a problem but I have a sneaking suspicion that when the package finally arrives it's going to be the new model and I'm going to have to send it back.

I hope I'm wrong though.

I'm happy to report that my orders finally arrived. The wireless pad arrived on the 27 of August (so a month to the day from when it was shipped). The hub was a little quicker in that it only took 3 weeks to reach me once it shipped.

Got the hub installed tonight and everything is working well. Not sure that I actually like the wireless pad so after all that, I may not even install it now.

I know; I'm fickle.

It took six weeks, but I finally got the Taptes Gen 2 charging mat and hub yesterday.

Plugged it all in, and it works flawlessly. The Samsung SSD I'm using has a USB C connector on it, which plugged right into the provided USB C cable in the SSD compartment. The drive showed up immediately in the car.

The wireless charging mat also has a hidden USB C cable that pops up from the bottom of the stand, too.

I'm very happy with the setup so far.

Reactions: Scott7